Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-25-2015, 10:04 PM   #1
guerrillakilla13

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Should I be annoyed?

I went and entered into a pretty big car show last night in Phoenix AZ. Lots of beautiful cars and a few good looking Camaros.

I saw 2 other Camaros (the ONLY 5th gens I saw there), one was red and one was dark gray. Both beautiful. Both had black hoods and ZL1 rims. Both WERE NOT 1LE's. I could tell because the calipers weren't painted, one of the black hoods was carbon fiber and the other was painted. I even caught up to one of the owners who was like a high schooler and answered my questions with "yes" "no" and nothing else.

So I was the only legitimate 1LE there. What bugged me is that I saw more people looking at their cars than mine What's with the copy cats?
guerrillakilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:48 PM   #2
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
The only thing that I can think of is, that the people in your tribe, much preferred the red and charcoal grey over white.

Nah, no need to be annoyed. Time to hit the drawing board if this bothers you I fear.

Time for some mods ; )
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:35 AM   #3
guerrillakilla13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
The only thing that I can think of is, that the people in your tribe, much preferred the red and charcoal grey over white.

Nah, no need to be annoyed. Time to hit the drawing board if this bothers you I fear.

Time for some mods ; )
makes me sad that the yeti doesn't belong in phoenix :( lol

you're right, time to make a grand entrance and exit with exhaust and performance mods I want to keep the visuals of the car minus maybe a longer front splitter and wickerbill.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:18 PM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
It is all for fun, don't let it be a thing.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:30 PM   #5
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Get a plate with REAL1LE or TRUE1LE and answer questions as they come.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:46 PM   #6
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Park next to them next time and make a sign with arrows pointing to them that states -false advertisement. Lol.
Jayjellyfish212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:41 PM   #7
guerrillakilla13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
Park next to them next time and make a sign with arrows pointing to them that states -false advertisement. Lol.
I like this idea the best
Old 10-26-2015, 08:56 PM   #8
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerrillakilla13 View Post
I like this idea the best
It's a compliment really coming from a guy who is modding his in that vain with some Z28 influence as well. Never try to pass off as one though and tell anyone who asks that it is a L99 since my wife cant drive stick so we compromised.

Yeti is bad ass man, shows are subjective.

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:12 PM   #9
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Doesn't sound like you're car show material. The point isn't to be the most looked at. No offense, but maybe their rides had something that was more appealing to people. Or, maybe it was just all in your head.
Just because they have black hoods and ZL1 wheels, that doesn't make them copy cats. Real enthusiasts will know the difference anyhow.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:38 PM   #10
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
Quote:
I went and entered into a pretty big car show last night in Phoenix AZ. Lots of beautiful cars and a few good looking Camaros.

I saw 2 other Camaros (the ONLY 5th gens I saw there), one was red and one was dark gray. Both beautiful. Both had black hoods and ZL1 rims. Both WERE NOT 1LE's. I could tell because the calipers weren't painted, one of the black hoods was carbon fiber and the other was painted. I even caught up to one of the owners who was like a high schooler and answered my questions with "yes" "no" and nothing else.

So I was the only legitimate 1LE there. What bugged me is that I saw more people looking at their cars than mine What's with the copy cats?
Maybe the Yeti is less for show and more for go?? Don't try to make your car different just to win shows or impress others. Be proud of it regardless! I could care less if people like my Camaro over some others. In fact quite often my girl hates it because I pay more attention to it than her. go figure...
Old 10-26-2015, 09:53 PM   #11
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
makes me sad that the yeti doesn't belong in phoenix :( lol

you're right, time to make a grand entrance and exit with exhaust and performance mods I want to keep the visuals of the car minus maybe a longer front splitter and wickerbill.
IMHO, tastefully done fine details all added up, is what amounts to a positive head turner in the end. I like your thinking with the longer front splitter and wickerbill..

Perhaps some pics to help steer you in the right direction?

You do have to decide in the end if this will be a go car or a show car, but there is nothing to be ashamed of if desiring a bit of the latter as well.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:33 PM   #12
Bodywerks

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
Maybe the Yeti is less for show and more for go?? Don't try to make your car different just to win shows or impress others. Be proud of it regardless! I could care less if people like my Camaro over some others. In fact quite often my girl hates it because I pay more attention to it than her. go figure...
Same here. I was trying to come up with clever 1le custom license plate names, but I keep falling back on OTHRWMN, because my wife refers to my my car as my bitch on the side!
HSA delete, VMAX throttle body, CAI inc. Intake, PRC255 heads, BTR 660 springs, BTR cryo-treated rockers, PAT G 232/240 .654/.626 110+2, johnson 2110's, Manton 502 pushrods, C5R, Melling high volume/high pressure, Powerbond 25% underdrive pulley, Proform covers, Kooks stepped headers, catless mids, Doug Thorley exhaust. 512rwhp, 446rwtq on a mustang dyno, tuned by Cunningham motorsports.
Bodywerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:30 AM   #13
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
imitation is flattery
Old 10-27-2015, 06:46 AM   #14
Buschman

Drives: 2018 ZL1 2015 1SS 1LE
Slay me if you wish, but here is my opinion. The 1LE package is an option, is just that an "option". It is not a different model like the Z28 or ZL1.
Would you be annoyed if someone bought a 1SS and added all the OEM parts that a 2SS come with? Because that is the exact same thing, you can buy a SS and add all the OEM optional parts that make it a 1LE. Does it really make a difference if the parts were put on during assembly or in your garage?
Don't get me wrong I love my 1LE, it is a much better car than the stock SS. I can also appreciate modded cars with added options.

Buschman is offline   Reply With Quote