Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-06-2016, 10:15 AM   #1
Iron Oak
Club Motorsports Track Op

Drives: STI, Land Rover and future 1LE
1LE faster than M4 GTS and Z/28 on latest Motor Trend Ignition episode!

For those of you that have Motor Trend on Demand, the new 1LE makes a cameo in the latest Ignition episode featuring the BMW M4 GTS starting @ 14:50. Basically saying that the new M4 GTS is slightly slower than the new 1LE and the GT350R is 1.6 faster than the M4 GTS.

Not to mention they have some good footage of it on course and it looks awesome! It's even in the blue that I want to get.

Just thought I would pass the info along. For those without MotorTrend on demand, you should see the new episode in about a month on youtube.
Attached Images

Last edited by Iron Oak; 09-06-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Iron Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 11:21 AM   #2
JEllis

Drives: BMW M3
Cool. Might have to do the free trial.

INSTAGRAM: jellismotors

Last edited by JEllis; 09-06-2016 at 02:59 PM.
JEllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:01 PM   #3
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
Cool. Might have to do the 3 month free trial.
Agreed!!! How much is the regular price anyway?
FNxR3DNECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:10 PM   #4
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
350R might be 1.5 sec faster for only $30K more

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:20 PM   #5
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
350R might be 1.5 sec faster for only $30K more
...and that is all just due to those tires/wheels.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:24 PM   #6
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Agreed!!! How much is the regular price anyway?
$4.99 for basic. It's a really short clip, about 3 seconds or so.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:26 PM   #7
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post

Let's take tires out. But the wheels, rear seat delete, lighter sheet metal yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:30 PM   #8
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
I'll have to agree after seeing the CF vs standard wheels in a GT350R comparison. Those lightweight wheels provide a significant braking and accelerating advantage. Not to mention what it does for the handling (lower unsprung weight and rotational mass).

I kind of think Ford knew they couldn't get there with typical engineering (aka GT350) so they had to bring in the CF wheel to get competitive results. I don't want to go so far as to saying it's cheating...however no one else uses them...yet.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:33 PM   #9
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I'll have to agree after seeing the CF vs standard wheels in a GT350R comparison. Those lightweight wheels provide a significant braking and accelerating advantage. Not to mention what it does for the handling (lower unsprung weight and rotating mass).

I kind of think Ford knew they couldn't get there with typical engineering so they had to bring in the CF wheel to get competitive results.
Have you seen their cost for replacing all four corners?

Yeeesh.. I mouth dropped when I looked it up the first time.

I've yet to see one in person though and I've seen 918 Weissachs, a new 488, a Ferarri GTO, multiple McLarens (even an SLR in orange), an SLS AMG, a Carerra GT, a freakin' CCXR of all things, a Plymouth Superbird and a handful of other rarities.. and still no GT350R. H*ll, there was even an F40 out at one of the local shows.

Has anyone seen any floating around in the wild anywhere? I've seen plenty of GT350s.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:39 PM   #10
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Have you seen their cost for replacing all four corners?

Yeeesh.. I mouth dropped when I looked it up the first time.

I've yet to see one in person though and I've seen 918 Weissachs, a new 488, a Ferarri GTO, multiple McLarens (even an SLR in orange), an SLS AMG, a Carerra GT, a freakin' CCXR of all things, a Plymouth Superbird and a handful of other rarities.. and still no GT350R. H*ll, there was even an F40 out at one of the local shows.

Has anyone seen any floating around in the wild anywhere? I've seen plenty of GT350s.
Yes it's stupidly crazy money. That's why I said it's a kind of cheating. Any manufacturer could do that to gain better results. They didn't much engineer anything, just bolt on and go.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:43 PM   #11
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Yes it's stupidly crazy money. That's why I said it's a kind of cheating. Any manufacturer could do that to gain better results. They didn't much engineer anything, just bolt on and go.
You guys are seriously calling this cheating. WTF is wrong with you people. Why don't you call mag shocks cheating while you're at it. The GT350R comes with kick ass wheels. Get over it.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:51 PM   #12
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
You guys are seriously calling this cheating. WTF is wrong with you people. Why don't you call mag shocks cheating while you're at it. The GT350R comes with kick ass wheels. Get over it.

Eh, it goes hand in hand with the mustang group saying the Camaro cheats because of tires.

Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:56 PM   #13
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis43 View Post
Eh, it goes hand in hand with the mustang group saying the Camaro cheats because of tires.

A select few do...yes. I do see their point, tires are consumables. Anyone who is serious about tracking their vehicle is going to put an appropriate tire on. Stock for stock however, the cars are what they are. Having a kick ass wheel/tire package is no more cheating than having a kick ass shock/spring package.

IMHO, everyone should be applauding Ford for selecting those wheels. The more mass produced these become, the more likely you too will have them sometime on an upper level OEM Camaro.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:13 PM   #14
67Builder
White knuckled & smiling

Drives: '17 ZL1 AKA Perfection!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
A select few do...yes. I do see their point, tires are consumables. Anyone who is serious about tracking their vehicle is going to put an appropriate tire on. Stock for stock however, the cars are what they are. Having a kick ass wheel/tire package is no more cheating than having a kick ass shock/spring package.

IMHO, everyone should be applauding Ford for selecting those wheels. The more mass produced these become, the more likely you too will have them sometime on an upper level OEM Camaro.
I agree!

I get tired of people saying that when you swap tires your car is no longer stock. If you go to a better tire, your car is still stock, you just have a different tire. Well I tracked with a set of BFG AS2 all season tires because that was all i had at the time. Was my 1LE no longer stock because i went to a crappier tire?

If you drive your 1LE aggressively (not even on a track), you'll be changing tires soon. Why not change them to a better tire?

The CF wheels are kick ass, and I applaud Ford for putting them on a production (limited production really) car. They did it, and maybe one day we'll see a Camaro sporting some CF wheels as well. If Ford never did it, it would just be that much longer till we may have seen it show up on a production Chevy.

Good going Ford! Keep up the good work. The next Camaro (hopefully a Z/28) now has a target to shoot for. If that 350R can lap 1.6 seconds than the 1LE, you can bet the Z will be looking to blow that number away.
67Builder is offline   Reply With Quote