Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-19-2018, 02:07 PM   #29
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
I keep looking at the very limited area to bring in outside air with a CAI. I'm going to do a washer bottle kit relocation to free up another small outside air intake port where it used to be blocked.
The current port looks smaller than a 12oz beverage can sideways. How is 700hp supposed to breath through that? Thinking how my 1/2 hp shop vac pulls a vacuum on a hose. Maybe I'm all wrong but that's how it looks to me.
silversleeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 04:16 PM   #30
Zl1dad
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
Kool-Aid is good in moderation. Do you know how many bricks we've had collapse with our packages, 0. We include the Katech chain in EVERY camshaft package we offer along with Straub bushed trunions. We also include BTR .660 Platinum springs in every camshaft package, not sure where you're getting your info. We've tested both the RPM and the green belts and they both work very well. The LSA 87mm throttle body makes the same power as the 90mm LS3 throttle body is test after test, it's what we use. We feel the big gulp is a useful upgrade and it does direct more air into the filter, pretty simple.

I've enjoyed this conversation and it's always great to get expert opinions on the internet. If you have any further questions we'd be happy to answer.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
801-545-4215
My info cam from your website. So your just bad at advertising what comes in your package. Didn't see anywhere in your description about timing chain, trunnions, or BTR springs. I searched for 20 minutes for your "LSA camshaft package" and gave up. Website can't pull up with a LSA cam kit search. But it will pull up everything under the sun besides a cam shaft. I compared your kit with my build price to see what a shop would charge for a similar build as I did. Didn't see a few things that should have been in there so that's y I asked.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Zl1dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 04:54 PM   #31
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Or you could drill down into Camaro parts and find everything that you wanted to know right here. Took me all of 10 seconds, and I don't frequent their website:

.... Camaro / Camaro ZL1 / Engines/Engine Parts / Camshafts/Valvetrain / JDP Motorsports - 2009-15 CTS-V/Camaro ZL1/Corvette ZR1 6.2L

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:15 PM   #32
Zl1dad
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
Or you could drill down into Camaro parts and find everything that you wanted to know right here. Took me all of 10 seconds, and I don't frequent their website:

.... Camaro / Camaro ZL1 / Engines/Engine Parts / Camshafts/Valvetrain / JDP Motorsports - 2009-15 CTS-V/Camaro ZL1/Corvette ZR1 6.2L
Yea I found the same page too after I went directly to engine-cam shaft- scroll through 59 cams and find the package at the bottom. Thought thats what search features are for, to narrow down results. Apparently just not on this website.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:39 AM   #33
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
So, why are you tearing apart his advertising and web page? You have your build, be happy with it. We don't need to hear you bashing a vendor here. It's just not right
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:25 AM   #34
Zl1dad
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
So, why are you tearing apart his advertising and web page? You have your build, be happy with it. We don't need to hear you bashing a vendor here. It's just not right
I'm not bashing a vendor, I seen a build list that appeared to be missing a few key mods to keep engine together so I mentioned them. He corrected me then I simply pointed out how well the search feature on the website worked.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:20 AM   #35
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
This sounds like bashing to me! It is certainly not a question or positive message. Maybe it's the internet and the tone does not carry. I'll leave this alone now, but I felt it necessary to make a comment. I know how hard it is to build a good reputation and it doesn't take much to ruin one.

"So let's pay 11k+ to drop a valve and pull timing bc there iats are so hot bc their brick is collapsed after running 15+ psi bc you didn't wanna include a $75 service...."

Tags
dyno, jdp motorsports, zl-850 package, zl1 build