Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Pfadt Introduces New Front Camber Plate Kit. Available NOW!

Hello All!

We were so wrapped up in our Camaro5 Fest activities we almost forgot to let everyone know that our new Camaro Adjustable Front Camber/Caster Plates are available! We are the first to come to market with a such a kit, and want to give a little background on this product's design and intent.

The OEM upper strut mounts on the front suspension of the new Camaro are not designed to allow articulation of the spring and damper together as one collinear assembly. Because of this, a bending moment in the shock is introduced when the front suspension goes into bump or rebound, which isn't the most ideal of situations. The OEM mount allows for this deflection by using soft rubber to isolate the assembly. This will wear out of course, like any soft rubber bushing.

As the ONLY total solution to this, Pfadt Race Engineering has engineered a complete system that not only allows the collinear articulation of your front suspension springs and dampers, but ALSO allows for you to quickly and accurately change front camber and caster, without having to remove the front wheels. This is what you need for your front suspension, whether you have OEM front struts and drop springs (ours or anyone else's), or Coilovers. Our coilovers address this in the rear as well, no competitors do.

This is the only solution for people who track their car occasionally, be it autocross or road racing, or are worried about tire wear when using a "performance alignment." This kit accommodates over a full extra degree of negative camber in the front suspension. This is a must for everyone interested in getting the most performance out of their Camaro alignment and tires. The Pfadt Camber/Caster Kit mounts in the factory location with no modification necessary to the strut tower. The completed package is the best strut mounting solution for the 2010 Camaro available, and is available in for multiple spring sizes, be it OEM or racing springs. Just let us know what you have.

Take a look below and let us know what you think! Let me know if you have any questions on this.
Camaro5 Classifieds Thread

Last edited by PfadtRacing; 05-10-2010 at 10:03 AM.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Sexy looking piece!

Will this eliminate the front end "clunk" that is so prevalent on these cars?

-Funk
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:50 PM   #3
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
I need some of those !!!!!
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:04 PM   #4
TCao

Drives: 2010 2SS RS, 2007 FJC
Any pics of these with your coilovers?
What's your recommended installation position for the adjustment plate (orange anodized) for dual high performance street/track application? All the way outboard and adjust camber to -1 deg. and then move the adjustment plate inboard for an additional -1 deg camber for track days?
Thanks.

Last edited by TCao; 04-24-2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: added photo
TCao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr View Post
Sexy looking piece!

Will this eliminate the front end "clunk" that is so prevalent on these cars?

-Funk
Hi pnyklr,

Can you point me in the direction of any threads suggesting what you are referring to? Can't say we have experienced what you are talking about.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCao View Post
Any pics of these with your coilovers?
What's your recommended installation position for the adjustment plate (orange anodized) for dual high performance street/track application? All the way outboard and adjust camber to -1 deg. and then move the adjustment plate inboard for an additional -1 deg camber for track days?
Thanks.

Hi TCao,

Pics are below. We just got our final photography back of these units. Check them out here:http://www.pfadtracing.com/photos/sh...ry.php/cat/522

If you take a look at our recommended alignment settings below, a great place to start would be to set the camber plate in the middle, and have the OEM eccentrics adjusted to achieve ~1.5 degrees negative camber. That way you can move the plates all the way inboard for track use, and then all the way outboard for street use. We can't specifically say exactly what degrees this will be, due to it being ride height dependent. But this is where you will want to start.

Check out the pics!

Old 04-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Pretty cool!

Jack front up, loosen bolts, move to position, tighten, pull jack and go?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #8
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10s.c. View Post
I need some of those !!!!!
Gary, they are here waiting for you! Great job down at the C5Fest!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #9
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Pretty cool!

Jack front up, loosen bolts, move to position, tighten, pull jack and go?
Yes sir!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:39 PM   #10
E85LSX

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Will these work with Pedders XA coilovers?

E85LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #11
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Gladly.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49036

-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Hi pnyklr,

Can you point me in the direction of any threads suggesting what you are referring to? Can't say we have experienced what you are talking about.
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:05 PM   #12
TCao

Drives: 2010 2SS RS, 2007 FJC
Pfadt Racing:
Thank you for the photos and link. They're very helpful. Good idea on setting the -1.5 deg. camber at the center position.
Here's a comparison of the two versions: lower left is the version for 2.5" race spring and upper right is for the OEM spring. The race spring version has the spring seat for 2.5" ID coil spring and has a longer taper. All the other parts are the same for the two camber plate versions.

TCao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:35 AM   #13
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by E85LSX View Post
Will these work with Pedders XA coilovers?
Man! I completely skimmed over this thread. Sorry guys for this super-late response.

E85LSX I can not be certain that they will work with Pedders coilovers. My thoughts are that any coilover that accepts the OEM strut top mount *SHOULD* work with our coilovers because these camber plates work with the OEM struts. BUT... we have not personally tried it, so we can not verify.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #14
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr View Post
You know, we kinda thought they were a little clunky from time to time, but never had any repeatable results that we wanted to investigate. Then we put these camber plates on a while ago so I can not recall exactly how noisy they were. We do not get any noise with these units. I would suggest using the new GM isolators detailed here to try to rectify the clunking:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79323

Tags
alignment, camber, pfadt, racing, suspension