Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #155
PWRHSEZL1
 
PWRHSEZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 #2419
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Weatherford, Tx
Posts: 289
Awesome, thanks for the update CAI!!!! I will run stock air box on my build until your CAI is released and at my door! Can't hardly wait!
PWRHSEZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #156
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
Standing by with a smile and a credit card.......please make it visually stimulating as well,,,,,,I can't get fat chicks out of my head,,,,
, We'll do our best. It should be pretty similar to our other S/C application in terms of appearance, with some slight differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRHSEZL1 View Post
Awesome, thanks for the update CAI!!!! I will run stock air box on my build until your CAI is released and at my door! Can't hardly wait!
Thank you we appreciate that!!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #157
13 ZL1
 
13 ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manteca CA
Posts: 658
Please provide a clean way to hook up a catch can.
13 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #158
ZLeeper
 
ZLeeper's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 Black #597
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 45
ZLeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #159
Dr.Spike
 
Dr.Spike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 (IOM)
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 ZL1 View Post
Please provide a clean way to hook up a catch can.
+1
Dr.Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:12 AM   #160
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 ZL1 View Post
Please provide a clean way to hook up a catch can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Spike View Post
+1
Everything we design is around the stock vehicle, we are not thinking of anything else aftermarket when we engineer our CAI. Not everyone runs a catch can, also the catch can does not connect to the CAI. Sorry guys but the catch can is a whole different part and nothing to do with us or our product.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #161
13 ZL1
 
13 ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manteca CA
Posts: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Everything we design is around the stock vehicle, we are not thinking of anything else aftermarket when we engineer our CAI. Not everyone runs a catch can, also the catch can does not connect to the CAI. Sorry guys but the catch can is a whole different part and nothing to do with us or our product.
No, but it does connect to the intake tube. You don't need to offer something as standard but you should offer it as an option.
13 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #162
tnspd

 
tnspd's Avatar
 
Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: N.C.
Posts: 1,323
You can run a can with just the two lines you do not have to have the third line running to the air cleaner tube.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #163
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnspd View Post
You can run a can with just the two lines you do not have to have the third line running to the air cleaner tube.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Exactly.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #164
13 ZL1
 
13 ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manteca CA
Posts: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Exactly.
So, CAI's position for those that want to run a dual valve CC is "you don't need it and we will not work with you." If that's your position then the hell with you. I won't buy your product.
13 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #165
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 ZL1 View Post
So, CAI's position for those that want to run a dual valve CC is "you don't need it and we will not work with you." If that's your position then the hell with you. I won't buy your product.
Wow, you really can't say anything on this forum anymore can you, and especially this thread.

CAI does not have a position on catch cans, we don't make them, we don't test them, we have never designed one, we have never installed one, and they have nothing to do with our product. We never said you don't need it, and we never said we would not work with you. What we are saying is that we design a CAI around the factory vehicle, and at this point we are trying to get a good CAI brought to market, not try and make it customizable to a product we have nothing to do with.

It seems that just because we are here on this forum as a manufacturer as a way to communicate with our customers, that some people think we can meet every special request and customization that every member mentions or wants. That is not the case, we cannot customize every product to meet everyone's wants, we listen to feedback and try to improve things where we can. That does not mean that we can meet every suggestion with a new or altered design, that does not mean that we don't value your opinion or that you should take offense to it. Do you call up GM and tell them that you want them to make you a custom Camaro that will work around a certain aftermarket part you would like to install, no, then why do you think we are any different? We are a manufacturer not a custom fabricator or speed shop.

We make CAI's, we get requests everyday for custom colors, custom lids, compatibility with multiple aftermarket throttle body's, some people want the stock lines, some people want braided lines, some people are running this aftermarket product along with it and some are running something completely different. If we met every request, opinion and suggestion for what each individual thinks is important or that they want we would be out of business because we could not mass produce anything and every part would be different. For some very small companies that cater to the custom that's fine, we can't afford to do that, we run a business based off of production standards and processes.

Before we worry about compatibility with an aftermarket catch-can that has nothing to do with our product, we are more concerned with finishing this CAI for everyone who has been so patiently waiting for!

We are not a custom fabricator, we are a manufacturer. We do not design around other companies parts, we design around stock. Will a catch can hook up with it, maybe it already will, but we do not know and that is not our top priority right now.

Last edited by Sales @ CAI Inc; 05-21-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #166
ZED SLED


 
ZED SLED's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Finger Lakes (NY)
Posts: 7,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Wow, you really can't say anything on this forum anymore can you, and especially this thread.

CAI does not have a position on catch cans, we don't make them, we don't test them, we have never designed one, we have never installed one, and they have nothing to do with our product. We never said you don't need it, and we never said we would not work with you. What we are saying is that we design a CAI around the factory vehicle, and at this point we are trying to get a good CAI brought to market, not try and make it customizable to a product we have nothing to do with.

It seems that just because we are here on this forum as a manufacturer as a way to communicate with our customers, that some people think we can meet every special request and customization that every member mentions or wants. That is not the case, we cannot customize every product to meet everyone's wants, we listen to feedback and try to improve things where we can. That does not mean that we can meet every suggestion with a new or altered design, that does not mean that we don't value your opinion or that you should take offense to it. Do you call up GM and tell them that you want them to make you a custom Camaro that will work around a certain aftermarket part you would like to install, no, then why do you think we are any different? We are a manufacturer not a custom fabricator or speed shop.

We make CAI's, we get requests everyday for custom colors, custom lids, compatibility with multiple aftermarket throttle body's, some people want the stock lines, some people want braided lines, some people are running this aftermarket product along with it and some are running something completely different. If we met every request, opinion and suggestion for what each individual thinks is important or that they want we would be out of business because we could not mass produce anything and every part would be different. For some very small companies that cater to the custom that's fine, we can't afford to do that, we run a business based off of production standards and processes.

Before we worry about compatibility with an aftermarket catch-can that has nothing to do with our product, we are more concerned with finishing this CAI for everyone who has been so patiently waiting for!

We are not a custom fabricator, we are a manufacturer. We do not design around other companies parts, we design around stock. Will a catch can hook up with it, maybe it already will, but we do not know and that is not our top priority right now.
Thank you.
__________________
Smoked tail lights/ZL1-1LE 3rd brake
Rotofab cai


(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #167
HDRDTD


 
Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Trenton, Michigan
Posts: 5,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Thank you.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #168
ZED SLED


 
ZED SLED's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Finger Lakes (NY)
Posts: 7,370
Sounds like that poster's gonna be sticking his hose in a fat chick.
__________________
Smoked tail lights/ZL1-1LE 3rd brake
Rotofab cai


(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transcript of Camaro ZL1 Q&A Webchat with Chevrolet Tran Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 42 12-22-2017 04:42 AM
FE3 to ZL1 Zway Bar UpgradeZ and ZL1 ZuZpenZion PackageZ JusticePete Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 111 05-08-2013 10:38 PM
CAI cold air induction with E-Force gearhead440 Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 9 08-16-2011 08:16 AM
Why RAM Air is a myth!!! Long Read (Wall of text) live2well Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 80 11-02-2009 03:34 PM
LS3 goes 11`s Bonestock! GMRULZ Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 28 12-08-2008 09:10 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.