Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #15
Phail

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 IOM
I'll admit, I laughed at the ricer comment, the guy was just trying to crack a joke about how they wouldn't know the difference between 3rd and 5th because they go so slow
Phail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #16
nomadicdogg

Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
no self respecting performance car driver shoule EVER need a gear indicatior. wanting one and needing one are very close to eachother. tread lightly lol
if you dont know what gear your in, something is wrong. and not with the car
however if you want one just for the heck of it, thats somewhat understandable
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #17
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW2011 View Post
If you don''t know what gear you are in you don't need a manual!! Now "ricer" drivers on the other hand.......
"ricer" What is with the insensitive talk about imports on here? And yes you got shut down in the quote below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
You are kidding me right?

Why does it take a ricer to need a gear indicator? so a lambo and ferrari's are "rice" because they have a gear indicator?
and the auto camaro's technically have a gear indicator too, and pro racing circuit along with nascar.

Buddy, go talk that ricer crap somewhere else.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #18
EastBayBossMan

Drives: 2010 Cyber Gray Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Sorry, but dumb idea.

Quite easy to tell without looking at the tach. If I want to know for sure, I check the tach.

The only gears that feel close are 4th and 5th. But if somehow I don't know, I check the shifter.

Ricers.
EastBayBossMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #19
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
We have a digital and analog speedometer in our camaro so why we need 2?
So when you're scrolling through the digital menu (or a message comes up there) you still have a speedometer.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #20
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Hmmm... I wonder why a pro racers cockpit will need one.
but yup, I want one for the heck of it.

If you own an auto watch out peoples and put your "RICE" suit on or cover up your gear indicator while surfing C5
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:14 PM   #21
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
So when you're scrolling through the digital menu (or a message comes up there) you still have a speedometer.
yhea but 99% of the time I bet its on the speedometer which for me it actually make the analog useless.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #22
CamaroFemme

Quote:
yhea but 99% of the time I bet its on the speedometer which for me it actually make the analog useless.
Sure most of the time it's on the speedo, but I'm saying occasionally you scroll through and check your tire pressure, miles you have left in the tank, etc. When you're doing that you have no digital speedometer, but you still have the analog. Besides, when it hits 37 degrees you get the Road Warning message that takes over the speedo for like 20 seconds. It may even be illegal to suddenly surprise you and take your speedometer away (which is what would happen on cold days with no analog.)
Old 05-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #23
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
The digital speedometer is actually very useful to me. I dunno about all Camaro models, but my LS only has numbers every 20 mph. The space between 60 and 80 mph is small, an the needle is extra fat. When I first got the car, I didn't really play around with the info thing for a couple of days. I was watching the speedometer, and couldn't really tell if I was going 66-72mph very well. Then I discovered the digital speedometer and always use it for an exact number of where my speed is at.

64-66 in a 60 zone may not bring a ticket, but 72 in a 60 sure might, so it is nice to have an exact approximation. That fat needle doesn't tell you very well how fast you are going. As for a digital gear indicator, well, I don't have any need for such a thing. I've only ever driven manuals, so that wouldn't help or hinder me. I guess it would be neat if you'd had it before I suppose. I've never had one in any car I owned, nor would I ever need one.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #24
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
damn

Quote:
Hmmm... I wonder why a pro racers cockpit will need one.
but yup, I want one for the heck of it.

If you own an auto watch out peoples and put your "RICE" suit on or cover up your gear indicator while surfing C5
thats a stupid comment...obv the automatics have had gear indicators...I have never seen a manual with one myself...not saying there is any out there.......personally I dont need a indicator with a auto or a manual....Im sorry ...if you are driving the car, the car isnt driving you and you shifted into a gear..there is no reason what so ever to have a indicator.....worse cause if your brain gets that confused..stop-neutral-start over lmao.
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #25
CamaroFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneCynic View Post
I dunno about all Camaro models, but my LS only has numbers every 20 mph.
SS too, so guessing it's all of 'em.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #26
Dasein

Drives: 2011 CGM 1LT
I think if you're driving stick, you should know exactly what gear you're in. That's part of the package when driving stick.
Not saying I disagree with you, though. Just saying they're probably not in there because they're not essential. I wouldn't complain if they had one, though.
Dasein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #27
Devon
Highway Man

Drives: '10 2SS/RS
Quote:
FUBAN!
I'm chill bro. Just poking a bit of fun. Honestly, I think it should be a standard feature. All's that is required is a software update.

Roto-Fab Intake
Tuned by dynosteve @ RDP
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #28
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Visually cool...functionally useless....
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote