Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-16-2017, 11:22 AM   #15
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Just one of the many rumors.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:23 PM   #16
bayarea408

Drives: T
people have to factor in a few things.

First off the 840 hp needed to run 9.65 also requires race gas... This threw me off the most because that is not readily accessible to everyone. How fast will it go on a tank of CA 91?

The car will basically be 1 seat and Skinnies up front to run a 9.65. So unless your really into having a giant car like the challenger with 1 chair in it and are willing to switch out to skinnies that will drive like shit on the road. How fast with some interior and regular wheel up front? taking a bunch of stuff out and offering it from the factory this way isnt exactly innovative you are just getting less stuff. Also, Its not like skinnies are street legal.

SOO, Race gas, 1 Seat, and skinnies. These features separate the demon from the rest of the industry. Race gas is not as readily available for everyone, skinnies are not street legal, so if you force the demon into comparison on an equal playing field its not that far ahead

How fast would a new ZL1 be with 1 seat, a custom drag pack with skinnies, and a race gas tune?
How fast is a GTR with 1 seat, drag radials all around and a race gas tune?
How fast is a P100D with 1 seat and drag radials all around?
How fast is a HELLCAT with 1 seat, A Drag pack, and race gas tune?? <----the margin here really shows how much better the Demon truly is. They try to sell it like its not a hopped up Hellcat, but it has the same block and heads and chassis.

Get what im saying? Had dodge achieved these numbers through the rumors during the build up the car would be amazing. AWD, 1000 hp, full interior, and pump gas tune. But instead of something innovative and new they just threw a jeg's catalog at it offered it this way and get to claim production, kinda lame.

In its fastest form the demon is neither street legal "due to skinnies" or official drag track event legal"due to overall car safety". Think about that for a second.

Last edited by bayarea408; 04-16-2017 at 12:58 PM.
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:15 AM   #17
muskegoil

Drives: 2009 charger srt
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea408 View Post

First off the 840 hp needed to run 9.65 also requires race gas... This threw me off the most because that is not readily accessible to everyone. How fast will it go on a tank of CA 91?

The car will basically be 1 seat and Skinnies up front to run a 9.65. So unless your really into having a giant car like the challenger with 1 chair in it and are willing to switch out to skinnies that will drive like shit on the road. How fast with some interior and regular wheel up front? taking a bunch of stuff out and offering it from the factory this way isnt exactly innovative you are just getting less stuff. Also, Its not like skinnies are street legal.

SOO, Race gas, 1 Seat, and skinnies. These features separate the demon from the rest of the industry. Race gas is not as readily available for everyone, skinnies are not street legal, so if you force the demon into comparison on an equal playing field its not that far ahead

How fast would a new ZL1 be with 1 seat, a custom drag pack with skinnies, and a race gas tune?
How fast is a HELLCAT with 1 seat, A Drag pack, and race gas tune?? <----the margin here really shows how much better the Demon truly is. They try to sell it like its not a hopped up Hellcat, but it has the same block and heads and chassis.

Get what im saying? Had dodge achieved these numbers through the rumors during the build up the car would be amazing. AWD, 1000 hp, full interior, and pump gas tune. But instead of something innovative and new they just threw a jeg's catalog at it offered it this way and get to claim production, kinda lame.

In its fastest form the demon is neither street legal "due to skinnies" or official drag track event legal"due to overall car safety". Think about that for a second.
They ran 9.9 on 91 oct and regular tire on all four corners.the skinny come with the toolbox and a bunch of goodies.
muskegoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:28 AM   #18
camarosspower

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
9.9 on street tires??
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:40 AM   #19
WatchThis

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea408 View Post

Even without race gas the car still makes over 800 hp. You can still have two seats in the car, it's just an option. It's fairly common for guys to pull the back seat and the front passenger seat out when taking the car to the drag strip, then throw it back in afterwards. Takes very little time to do.

Also, idk where you figure skinnies aren't street legal but I, along with many other members here drive around on skinnies that are definitely street legal. And again, the car doesn't come that way, you have to get the box of goodies with it to get those. It comes with a normal configuration. The demon is 50 state compliant or they wouldn't be able to sell it, even with skinnies you claim to not be street legal.

You're also not addressing the new innovations that they did come up with strictly for this car. The AC that switches over to chill the intercooler. The fact that the car comes factory with things such as a line lock, launch control and basically a trans brake. So yes, the car is definitely a ground breaker. I'm not a huge Dodge fan, I'd prefer them over Ford but I do respect what they did here. I can agree that their track numbers are misleading when you consider the fact that they had a hell of a driver behind the wheel and ran it in like -1200 DA which most guys only dream of in order to run tat number. Most people who buy this car will probably never see anything better than low to mid 10's which would be legal at the track as the car sits. Even then thats nuts considering its straight from the dealer that way.

WatchThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #20
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
The Hennessy Exorcist isn't from the factory so you can't even say it's the Demon slayer. Imagine modding the Demon. Which I think there's not that much more you can improve on the Demon lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #21
bayarea408

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchThis View Post
Even without race gas the car still makes over 800 hp. You can still have two seats in the car, it's just an option. It's fairly common for guys to pull the back seat and the front passenger seat out when taking the car to the drag strip, then throw it back in afterwards. Takes very little time to do.

Also, idk where you figure skinnies aren't street legal but I, along with many other members here drive around on skinnies that are definitely street legal. And again, the car doesn't come that way, you have to get the box of goodies with it to get those. It comes with a normal configuration. The demon is 50 state compliant or they wouldn't be able to sell it, even with skinnies you claim to not be street legal.

You're also not addressing the new innovations that they did come up with strictly for this car. The AC that switches over to chill the intercooler. The fact that the car comes factory with things such as a line lock, launch control and basically a trans brake. So yes, the car is definitely a ground breaker. I'm not a huge Dodge fan, I'd prefer them over Ford but I do respect what they did here. I can agree that their track numbers are misleading when you consider the fact that they had a hell of a driver behind the wheel and ran it in like -1200 DA which most guys only dream of in order to run tat number. Most people who buy this car will probably never see anything better than low to mid 10's which would be legal at the track as the car sits. Even then thats nuts considering its straight from the dealer that way.

In regards to the skinnies, alot of the tires used for a real drag skinny is not DOT approved for the weight of the vehicle in street applications. Weld 3.5" skinnys straight say not for street use on the wheel itself. Bogarts skinnies i understand come with the same terminology. Not sure about you guys, but in SOCAL cops will make it a big deal. I doubt the skinnies will be street legal aspect of the demon hence they offer it as a track kit.

800 on pump gas means 40 hp for race gas tune? Seems kinda low for a race gas tune. Regardless, still formidable amount of power for a 9 pass. I did not know what it made on pump, they only focused on the most aggressive setup.

And you are right, i totally disregarded the ac feature.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:51 PM   #22
97ChameleonTA

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible
The reason Weld and Bogart don't recommend skinnies for street use is they aren't constructed for the heavy side loads that cornering puts on them. As long as you remain aware that you're running them and drive cautiously and take turns slow there is no problem. I can't speak for Cali, but I have yet to live in a state where skinnies were illegal.

New times to come with E85

2016 2SS Auto - Hyper Blue Metallic
Roto-Fab CAI
97ChameleonTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:33 PM   #23
muskegoil

Drives: 2009 charger srt
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosspower View Post
9.9 on street tires??
There not regular street tires. They are street drag radial.
muskegoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:40 PM   #24
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97ChameleonTA View Post
The reason Weld and Bogart don't recommend skinnies for street use is they aren't constructed for the heavy side loads that cornering puts on them. As long as you remain aware that you're running them and drive cautiously and take turns slow there is no problem. I can't speak for Cali, but I have yet to live in a state where skinnies were illegal.
There is a big difference between driving careful and skinnies being street legal. If a cop wants to be a dick. And your tires say for drag use only on them. Like most 18-20 inch skinnies that fit on late model cars. You can be ticketed. The way around the legality of it all. Is to run a radial tire in a very small size. Say a 165/15 like you'd find on an old Volkswagen just as an example. Or M/T for bigger figment. It's pretty simple. If it says for race only. Your pushing your luck. I found out the hard way.

Last edited by GossipSquirrelJelena; 04-18-2017 at 04:06 AM.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:10 PM   #25
WatchThis

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
My Weld RTS's don't say anything about "not for road use" and neither does it say such a thing on their website. As a matter of fact, right in the description on their website it states, "WELD Racing brings its application flexible racing technology to the STREET with a budget friendly 3-pc modular wheel using a unique welded assembly process."

I do understand what you're getting at though and in Commiefornia, the police may throw a hissy fit. Thanks to the Army I lived there for a few years and thank the Lord every day that I no longer do. I wouldn't be able to run my skinnies OR my AGP kit. But I know my Weld RTS 17x5's wrapped in DOT approved Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R 28x6's are perfectly legal and do just fine as long as I don't try to corner like it's a full size tire.

WatchThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:44 PM   #26
bayarea408

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchThis View Post
My Weld RTS's don't say anything about "not for road use" and neither does it say such a thing on their website. As a matter of fact, right in the description on their website it states, "WELD Racing brings its application flexible racing technology to the STREET with a budget friendly 3-pc modular wheel using a unique welded assembly process."

I do understand what you're getting at though and in Commiefornia, the police may throw a hissy fit. Thanks to the Army I lived there for a few years and thank the Lord every day that I no longer do. I wouldn't be able to run my skinnies OR my AGP kit. But I know my Weld RTS 17x5's wrapped in DOT approved Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R 28x6's are perfectly legal and do just fine as long as I don't try to corner like it's a full size tire.

Clear as day to me... etched right on the center near the lugs. NOT FOR STREET USE. We get it hard out here in Cali, trust me, you show up to a meet and some prick truck or mustang does a burnout and your camaro is sitting on a drag pack and hard parked. When the cops roll in, I guarantee they are going to Martyr you for everyone to see.

We are just touching base on drag skinny rims, the drag skinny's market is FULL of track use only Bias Ply tires. So unless the demon has a special set of wheels and tires in their skinny combo its not going to be road legal in this configuration.

Last edited by bayarea408; 04-17-2017 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:37 PM   #27
97ChameleonTA

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible
My Weld RT-S S71's don't have that warning, just "MADE IN USA". However, the reasoning I stated prior would still apply for that wheel you posted. That warning doesn't make it illegal on the street. That is Weld covering their butt if you streeted it and bent/damaged it. As for tires, I run the Mickey Thompson Sportsman 28x6.00R17 radials on the front so nothing illegal with the right setup.

New times to come with E85

2016 2SS Auto - Hyper Blue Metallic
Roto-Fab CAI
97ChameleonTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:40 PM   #28
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
The Demon is an amazing car. People should give dodge a round of applause on this one instead of dick riding their preferred brand.

Also the Hennesey isn't even a factory produced car, so the arguments of the Demon losing to it are a moot point.
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote