Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 07-10-2021, 07:19 PM   #1
alexw
It is the year...

Drives: 2SS RS Rally Yellow
SEPA - Anyone got a set of tires /rims I could "borrow"?

Hey all,

Anyone in SEPA got an extra set of tires / rims set up and ready to be put on, that is willing to let me give them a spin?

Having wheel shake issues, already done tie rods, alignment, balance, road force balance. Road force I think would have caught issues with tires or rims but not 100% on the shop that did it.

Want to rule out tires / rims by swapping in a set and taking it for a spin on the highway. Then come back and switch again.

Willing to compensate for time and effort, you tell me.

If you need to check in not a crazy person looking to steal rims, ask the SEPA5 crew, I'm a regular (and started it way back when)

Thanks!
alexw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 01:39 PM   #2
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
Unfortunately, I don't have an extra set at the moment. My car is going through some major cosmetic mods and although I do have a new set of wheels sitting in the garage, I haven't ordered new tires for them yet.

I can certainly check back with you once the new wheels/tires are on, and you could borrow my stocks for as long as you need to.

And for anyone else, I can definitely attest to Alex not being some crazy person trying to steal your rims.

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 02:10 PM   #3
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
I have a set if you want, although as you know I'm going through the same problem that you are haha

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 06:36 PM   #4
alexw
It is the year...

Drives: 2SS RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Unfortunately, I don't have an extra set at the moment. My car is going through some major cosmetic mods and although I do have a new set of wheels sitting in the garage, I haven't ordered new tires for them yet.

I can certainly check back with you once the new wheels/tires are on, and you could borrow my stocks for as long as you need to.

And for anyone else, I can definitely attest to Alex not being some crazy person trying to steal your rims.
Dude, my Bee brother long time! Hope all is good. Yeah shoot me a PM if/when that happens. I have an appt at a better shop end of August so if not by then they might work it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
I have a set if you want, although as you know I'm going through the same problem that you are haha
Have you swapped sets and have same issue?
alexw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 12:38 PM   #5
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexw View Post
Have you swapped sets and have same issue?

Yeah I have 3 sets of wheels and tires and I have the same vibration issue at 55-60mph on all 3 sets.

I have my chrome ones in my sig currently on the car, a stock set, and another square stock set with my winter tires on it.

You are still welcome to come grab my stock set and try it out if you want. I have all of the tools if you want to do the swap in my driveway too
Attached Images

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote