Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-02-2021, 05:55 PM   #1
Blubird68

Drives: 1993 z28/2010 2SS
Smog issue/question

So Saturday night I’m driving home from work and the engine light comes on, I get home and read the codes and it was two for running lean and one for the knock sensor. It was idling a bit rough which I assume set off the knock sensor. Monday morning the engine light ended up going off but still ran rough. I took it in yesterday and they said they’d look at it in the morning. It’s a 2010 SS with Texas speed long tubes and Cats. I’ve never had issues with smog before. They told me it ended up being a intake manifold leak. So they quoted me for the repair and said if I wanted they would smog it because it’s due in two weeks. So I said that’s fine. The ended up calling me a few hours later and said it was done but they were having issues getting it smogged. They were saying that car had a bad tune, it doesn’t have a tune, it just has the catalyst efficiency code set to not turn on the engine light so I can pass. 3 years no issues. But the guy was saying that I’ve never had to do engine repairs, I’m not sure what that has to do with anything. But he was saying when they tried to smog it, it was asking for egr or something which I never heard of. But he said I should try my luck at those quick smog places which I normally do, I was just confused by the whole situation. Sorry for the long post.
Blubird68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 10:47 AM   #2
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
you in cali?
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 02:59 PM   #3
AlanRubin
Banned

Drives: 2010 LS
" it just has the catalyst efficiency code set to not turn on the engine light"
Then it DOES have a tune in it, because the stock program is not in it.
AlanRubin is offline   Reply With Quote