Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-12-2019, 10:25 PM   #71
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KW Baraka View Post
Most people who like muffler delete have absolutely no sense of what actually sounds good.....they just want loud.

Jus' sayin'....

KW
...and some are just cheap.

Jus' sayin'...
Old 06-12-2019, 10:26 PM   #72
KW Baraka

Drives: 2014 Chevy SS
That too!
KW Baraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:51 AM   #73
13_SS_RS

Drives: White 2013 SS/RS l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by KW Baraka View Post
Most people who like muffler delete have absolutely no sense of what actually sounds good.....they just want loud.

Jus' sayin'....

KW
Aww cmon now I did the muffler delete because everything I read on here said cat backs don’t add hp on these cars. So for the price of a brand name cat back I got a used cai and speed engineering longtubes. Definitely faster than a catback only car. My last car was a c6 z06 with corsa exhaust and it sounded amazing. My camaro with LT’s, no cats, no mufflers and the factory h pipe with resonators just sounds badass. No drone when cruising and it sounds like a dragster when you floor it.

Current: 2013 summit white Camaro 2SS l99
CAI, long tubes, ported tb, tune

Previous: 2008 jet stream blue Corvette Z06
Airraid, Corsa, MGW shifter SOLD
13_SS_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:02 AM   #74
Nb1081

Drives: 10 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13_SS_RS View Post
Aww cmon now I did the muffler delete because everything I read on here said cat backs don’t add hp on these cars. So for the price of a brand name cat back I got a used cai and speed engineering longtubes. Definitely faster than a catback only car. My last car was a c6 z06 with corsa exhaust and it sounded amazing. My camaro with LT’s, no cats, no mufflers and the factory h pipe with resonators just sounds badass. No drone when cruising and it sounds like a dragster when you floor it.
I call bullshit on no drone with that setup and i bet it pops a lot on decel too
Old 06-14-2019, 04:36 AM   #75
weSS1LEy
weSS1LEy

Drives: 2015 camaro 2ss/rs/1le
I love decel pops. I need my tuner get mine to pop more.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:47 AM   #76
13_SS_RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nb1081 View Post
I call bullshit on no drone with that setup and i bet it pops a lot on decel too
Call it what you want. I have no reason to lie, I’m old and married. I don’t care what people think anymore...especially strangers on the internet. One thing your not considering though is I have an l99 and you have an ls3. The factory h-pipe/resonator set up is different because of afm/dod on the l99. As for the “pops”, I’m with Wes and I love that sound. I only get the pops going down a hill in manual shift mode in 1st or 2nd. I’m not and expert on what the popping sound is but my z popped like crazy with stock cats and exhaust manifolds

Old 06-14-2019, 10:54 AM   #77
frey.199

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dporter6 View Post
Hey Guys. I have a 2014 2ss with a resonator delete. I have a tune and CAI and it sounds really good. It has a real mean deep growl to it. I did my research and watched videos of people doing muffler deletes, so i decided to give it a try since people kept raving about it. As soon as i did it i hated it, it sounded like SHIT to me. It was just loud and had no type of tone to it, I was so shocked on how bad it sounded.I was pretty upset i wasted 300 dollars as I put the stock mufflers back on the same day. I plan on going with long tubes soon, but my question is why do people love muffler deletes so much? am i missing something?? Please let me know your opinions, I know its all about preference.
Did you just literally delete the mufflers? or invest a new axle-back?
frey.199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:55 AM   #78
frey.199

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your tips can make a big difference too. I think getting an axle-back vs just deleting mufflers can make a big difference.
frey.199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:21 AM   #79
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
You just backed up my last statement... Speed Engineering Headers & Muffler delete.

...and of course a Camaro with LTs is going to have more power than any catback only car.

Catback = zero HP gains... it's a sound preference thing.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:19 PM   #80
13_SS_RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
You just backed up my last statement... Speed Engineering Headers & Muffler delete.

...and of course a Camaro with LTs is going to have more power than any catback only car.

Catback = zero HP gains... it's a sound preference thing.
You’re right, I got too many other competing hobbies but performance wise they get the job done.

Cat backs for these cars are so $$$$$, I cant see spending all that money for a “performance mod” that gives you 0 hp.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:58 PM   #81
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
You’re right, I got too many other competing hobbies but performance wise they get the job done.

Cat backs for these cars are so $$$$$, I cant see spending all that money for a “performance mod” that gives you 0 hp.
Exactly...

and the topic of this thread is just taking a step backwards.

Just leave it alone.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:26 PM   #82
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I deleted my mufflers recently and am quite please with the sound. However I already had an aftermarket X pipe so my car at WOT sounded pretty good. I do not have drone either and no decel popping. I was expecting both issue which surprised me. I'll don't think i'll ever put mufflers (even aftermarket ones) back on this car. I'll be installing some LT's soon and after that this fall; my Huron Speed single turbo kit.
2011 Camaro 2SS, 6.0 iron block forged bottom end, Dart heads, BTR intake, Huron twin turbo kit, Summit stage 3 twin turbo cam, Circle D stage 4 6L90, 3800 FTI converter. BMR suspension, Viking coil overs, Fore triple pump fuel system.
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:54 AM   #83
Seabiz
Light em up

Drives: 2012 L99 2SS
https://youtu.be/s7mBBDcgrxg

I was quite happy with muffler delete, it makes the TSP long tubes ROAR
Seabiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:58 AM   #84
PepeLePew

Drives: 2010 2SS Coupe; 2011 2LT Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by weSS1LEy View Post
I love decel pops. I need my tuner get mine to pop more.
I'm with Wess on this one... decel pops are freaking awesome. I just learned from another guy here a few weeks back what causes that if anyone is interested. It is from deceleration fuel cutoff (DFCO). It is a feature that can be tuned out if you don't like it, but it comes that way from the factory and it is intended for better fuel mileage when decelerating.

I have a cam, Long tubes, electric cutouts right behind offroad pipes. behind that I have GMPerformance axle back and stock h pipe. When I have cutouts open and I downshift to about 3500 RPMs, it pops like crazy and I get a lot of broken necks around me... makes me smile