Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-19-2019, 09:12 AM   #43
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thechef1981 View Post
The tranny takes 3.45qts manual transmission fluid/
The diff takes 1.2qts

Respectfully. Disregard this guy. The SS and V6 are nothing alike transmission wise. And this is a V6 thread.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:07 AM   #44
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thechef1981 View Post
Do not put gear oil in your transmission!! The gear oil is not designed for your tremec transmission!! You are going to eat away at the soft metals in your transmission if you don’t remove that. Ive done an excessive amount of research and if you refuse to use the oem fluids, in the diff and tranny, you can use the royal purple max gear 75-90 for the diff, and synchromax manual transmission fluid which is compatible with Dexron lll api rating and both products won’t damage the soft metals that comprise the synchros in the tranny!! Get rid of that amsoil stuff, I read it contains phosphorous and zinc which will react with the metals in your tranny. Use royal purple, it’s the safest to use next to the oem fluids! And it has the best shearing properties of any oil on the market. Which means more protection for moving parts!
Wrong! The V6 manual transmission takes gear oil. Always did, always will.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:23 PM   #45
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Wrong! The V6 manual transmission takes gear oil. Always did, always will.
+1,
The V6 trans is a Aishen, or something like that, not a tremec.
The V6 and the v8 use different trannys. But use the same differential casings. The differentials are different on the autos.
12blkgrayRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:53 AM   #46
cireisa

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12blkgrayRS View Post
+1,
The V6 trans is a Aishen, or something like that, not a tremec.
The V6 and the v8 use different trannys. But use the same differential casings. The differentials are different on the autos.
V6-Aisin AY-6
V8's have a Tremec TR6060
Two different gearboxes
I've tried everything in my 2010 V6(redline,ams,Mobil1,RP,OEM,) and I can tell you the best combination is Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-90 for the transmission and the Royal Purple Max Gear 75W-90 for the differential (it has the LSD additive)
Initially I used Royal purple in the tranny and it was notchy ,oil was too slippery due to the additive
cireisa is offline   Reply With Quote