Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-13-2019, 04:41 AM   #15
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
I have a DynoSteve tune and a Vitesse TC.

The tune is fantastic, but the effect from the Vitesse can't be replicated via tune...not to that degree at least. Also, keep in mind these TC's are adjustable, usually with 10 stages on the performance setting and 7/8 stages on the ECO setting. That said, most people will find a setting that they are comfortable with and leave it set.

A lot of people say that once they got a ported throttle body, especially a Bo White unit, that they didn't need their TC anymore. There are also some people that are using both a PTB and a TC and swear by the combination. But they don't always play nice together.

Ill second this as well. I had a Vitesse since I bought the car. I finally got the custom exhaust, intake tune etc. I took the Vitesse off and ended up putting it right back on. The tune is great as was said but does not even come close to what the throttle controller feels like.
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:49 PM   #16
uvraise

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS Convertible
Throttle Controller

If anyone is interested, I had a VTC for about a year and a half. Like another poster stated, it gave me problems almost from the start eventually just dying all together. I wasn't going to shell out the money again for another Vitesse, so I searched the internet and found the following:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...2f7a6d512TsfBl

I've had this controller for about 6 months months now and absolutely love it. It's way better, IMO, than the VTC for variation of control and over all quality. The control module was even washed in my pant pocket, don't ask, and it still worked! My son drives a twin turbo fusion sport and I bought him one for Christmas, he loves it!
The best part about this unit is the cost, $60 shipped from China, about a third of the VTC. Yes, it's from China and it may not last that long, but so far I'm quite happy with the device.

2015 SS2/RS, SCT Tune (Dynosteve), Vitesse Throttle Controller, Vararam VR-DRX CAI, Vararam Power Wedge TBS, Granatelli Performance MAF
uvraise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:52 PM   #17
lt1power

Drives: 2011 2SS RS
I just installed the pedal commander. This thing is great! I set it to city 1 and noticed a huge improvement. Set it to city 4 and damn. I haven't tried sport mode yet. I have a Bo White potted throttle body and they seem to work great together. Well worth the money in my opinion.
lt1power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:28 PM   #18
Seattle SS

Drives: 2010 SS
eBay sale

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pedal-Comma...torefresh=true

There not Bluetooth models though.
Seattle SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:43 PM   #19
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by uvraise View Post
If anyone is interested, I had a VTC for about a year and a half. Like another poster stated, it gave me problems almost from the start eventually just dying all together. I wasn't going to shell out the money again for another Vitesse, so I searched the internet and found the following:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...2f7a6d512TsfBl

I've had this controller for about 6 months months now and absolutely love it. It's way better, IMO, than the VTC for variation of control and over all quality. The control module was even washed in my pant pocket, don't ask, and it still worked! My son drives a twin turbo fusion sport and I bought him one for Christmas, he loves it!
The best part about this unit is the cost, $60 shipped from China, about a third of the VTC. Yes, it's from China and it may not last that long, but so far I'm quite happy with the device.
VTC control unit is made in China too, harness is Delphi same as eom. Control unit is then programmed for Camaros by Ahmed of Vitesse in America. The ONLY TC made in USA is the JMS PedalMax
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:13 PM   #20
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
I just want sport mode mainly and i'll take eco....so I guess im going VTC when I make a purchase. overall the VTC unit seems like its smaller and will blend into my interior better without the yellow contrast. If im not mistaken isn't VTC cheaper than the PC unit? 4 different modes seem like to many options to have. All were trying to do is kill the lag correct so SP5 on VTC seems like where I want to be.
Che bronze trunnion Ls3 timing/valley cover
Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:38 PM   #21
Seattle SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle SS View Post
eBay sale

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pedal-Comma...torefresh=true

There not Bluetooth models though.
I offered $185 and won so if you are interested offer less. Not a big investment so I will let you guys know how it goes. Oh and I really don't care about not having Bluetooth anyways.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:21 PM   #22
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2Hard2See View Post
I just want sport mode mainly and i'll take eco....so I guess im going VTC when I make a purchase. overall the VTC unit seems like its smaller and will blend into my interior better without the yellow contrast. If im not mistaken isn't VTC cheaper than the PC unit? 4 different modes seem like to many options to have. All were trying to do is kill the lag correct so SP5 on VTC seems like where I want to be.
With a VTC if you're going to leave it on one setting all the time (mine's on SP5 the Goldylocks just right setting) you can unplug the control unit from the harness and put it in the glove compartment to keep it out of sight.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 02:03 PM   #23
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
With a VTC if you're going to leave it on one setting all the time (mine's on SP5 the Goldylocks just right setting) you can unplug the control unit from the harness and put it in the glove compartment to keep it out of sight.
Yes I think I’ll be leaving it on at all times sp5 when I try it out. Once installed I see no reason to ever take it off if anything I would just change my dial settings. As far as install I have ocd about things so I’ll definitely make sure it’s the cleanest install that I can manage.
Che bronze trunnion Ls3 timing/valley cover
Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 06:55 AM   #24
sprintguy1

Drives: 45th Anniversary
I've had mine for a few months now. What a difference it made right out of the box. Until I get started on the major upgrades, This was just what I needed.
sprintguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:29 PM   #25
penak

Drives: BMW M5
never experienced it. but this is a very interesting discussion to follow
penak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:37 PM   #26
Chromeplated500

Drives: 2011 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle SS View Post
I offered $185 and won so if you are interested offer less. Not a big investment so I will let you guys know how it goes. Oh and I really don't care about not having Bluetooth anyways.
I offered $150 and it was immediately accepted.! Offer less than that...
Chromeplated500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:28 PM   #27
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Interesting, going to try my luck at 140.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:38 PM   #28
Seattle SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeplated500 View Post
I offered $150 and it was immediately accepted.! Offer less than that...
Damn.... I knew I should went lower. Every other time I've done the "best offer" on eBay, they didn't budge much.