Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-26-2022, 07:57 AM   #29
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Yes I use the motive on. You need the right cap for the camaro.

Add fluid to the pump canister
attach the cap to the reservoir
pump it up to about 10-13psi
Crack bleeder until air stops coming out or you see new fluid.
Close bleeder and move to the next.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 08:38 AM   #30
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
Motive Products - 1108 Late Model GM Master Cylinder Adapter https://a.co/d/gXmEcUS. I have this one I haven't tried it yet but I believe it is the correct one.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 09:37 PM   #31
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
I have these and others types, I honestly never used the motive one, I am not even sure exactly how it works, I guess I can watch a video and learn. Is the Motive one you are referring to as a pressure bleeder? With this style I don't need to pump the brakes at all?

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Don’t over complicate it. Change a line at a time but all 4 before worrying about bleeding. Air in the system doesn’t matter until the end of the process. You are flushing the system with new fluid anyway.
Use the motive dry!! Don’t put fluid in motive and flush.
1 person job:Top brake reservoir off, then pump up motive, Then bleed according to below list:
Just don’t let reservoir run dry while bleeding with motive(dry).

Then after getting air out of lines, plug up abs bleeder and motive pumped up and ready. Follow abs bleeder instructions.
After bleeding abs, I then do a final system bleed without abs bleeder, just to work out final air.
Attached Images

SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 06:30 AM   #32
Joe.G

That is one reason I never used the Motive yet I didn't feel like filling it or even partly filling with fluid, Figured Id waste some and make a mess trying to clean it. Using it dry is the way to go just wasn't sure I could. Yes I will not run it dry, As far as bleeding the ABS I am not sure I will this time or not I will see how my time frame is, The only reason I am assuming is to change the small amount of fluid in the unit. But I may I'll see if my scanner will do this car if not I'll have to grab one of the snap on ones.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 07-29-2022, 08:05 AM   #33
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
That is one reason I never used the Motive yet I didn't feel like filling it or even partly filling with fluid, Figured Id waste some and make a mess trying to clean it. Using it dry is the way to go just wasn't sure I could. Yes I will not run it dry, As far as bleeding the ABS I am not sure I will this time or not I will see how my time frame is, The only reason I am assuming is to change the small amount of fluid in the unit. But I may I'll see if my scanner will do this car if not I'll have to grab one of the snap on ones.
Foxwell NT630plus is the one I have. Sorry it took awhile for a response. I just got home and had to open up the case to look.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 06:11 PM   #34
Joe.G

My Inovva 5610 can do the ABS, but it wasn't very clear and it didn't follow the factory sequence for bleeding. I got the lines on no problem, fronts being ZL1 Kit were a little longer so I did loosely zip tie them back so they didn't rub. First time using pressure bleeder and I pushed all the fluid out the right rear it went fast, after that I filled the pressure tester and didn't use it dry. I bled all 4 following proper sequence , then I did it old school two person. Then I did ABS twice then pressure and finished withbold school. Do you think I got air in ABS system when I ran master dry? On stands pedal feels good, I haven't taken it out as I am going to install air scoop tomorrow before putting wheels back on.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 07-30-2022, 06:16 PM   #35
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
If you heard the abs pump cycle while going through the abs procedure you should be fine.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 06:29 PM   #36
Joe.G

It was I left pressure on it and held pedal to floor as it won't work unless pedal was pushed, it wanted me to pump pedal with bleeder open but I just held it down with 15 psu of pressure on it.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 08-01-2022, 07:55 AM   #37
Joe.G

Pedal is Solid, I did not activate ABS on my test ride but I believe all is well, The ZL1 lines are quite a bit longer than stock, Hopefully it doesn't cause any issues.

Both outer bleeders on front were slightly clogged, and the fluid that came out of those looked like mud where the rest of the bleeders all had clear clean fluid.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,