Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
FANTA-Z

Drives: 2010 SSRS
Those using the Porter Cable and Adams products

Just thought I would give those that are using these products a heads up on something that would be good to purchase. That would be the smaller pads Our cars have a lot of edges and smaller places that they would work much better than the bigger pads. I was talking with A.J about this and he told me they would work much better and showed me some places and even did demo above the Camaro emblem on the fender.

So just thought I would throw that out there for those that use the PC and Adams or if your thinking about ordering some of their products it would be a good thing to pick up.

These are the pads that I am talking about: http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-430-a...ffing-kit.aspx

Also a big shout out to A.J. (Junkman) once again because I had an issue with one of the things I was using and asked for his opinion and assistance and he told me to come over right after I told him about it. He helped me out and got me back and going once I talked with him!!!!!!!!! Thanks once again A.J.

Last edited by FANTA-Z; 04-10-2010 at 11:32 PM.
FANTA-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Noted.

Good info.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Can someone post the item number for the pads, counter weight that are needed for the Porter Cable?

I just ordered the Porter Cable by itself. Thanks.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:31 PM   #4
FANTA-Z

Drives: 2010 SSRS
Go check out www.adamspolishes.com and join the forum. You will get a discount code for just joining
FANTA-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:20 AM   #5
Tecca

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
Can someone post the item number for the pads, counter weight that are needed for the Porter Cable?

I just ordered the Porter Cable by itself. Thanks.
FYI you do not need the counterweight. A 5" counterweight comes standard with the PC.

For the pads go here for the pads
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #6
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

I'm still confused. sorry.

Here is what I will receive with my Porter Cable 7424 XP which I paid $120 at toolsplus.com:

•Model 7424XP Car Buffer / Polisher
•6" polishing pad (#54745)
•Side handle
•Wrench
•Operating manual

Will I need any other items to start polishing? Evidently I'm not receiving a counterweight (DOH!).

Thanks.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:19 AM   #7
Tecca

Drives: ...
The counterweight is already attached to the PC when you recieve it.

You will need a backing plate and pads.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #8
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
This is a good kit for a beginner, it comes with everything you need minus the PC..

It has the backing plate, Orange, White, Gray pads; Swirl and Haze Remover, Fine Machine Polish, Machine Super Wax, Detail Spray, All purpose cleaner and two of the new Double Soft microfiber towels.

If you get this kit, and start polishing, just remember Adam's products match the pads. Orange = SHR, White = FMP, Grey = MSW.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #9
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LTRS View Post
This is a good kit for a beginner, it comes with everything you need minus the PC..

It has the backing plate, Orange, White, Gray pads; Swirl and Haze Remover, Fine Machine Polish, Machine Super Wax, Detail Spray, All purpose cleaner and two of the new Double Soft microfiber towels.

If you get this kit, and start polishing, just remember Adam's products match the pads. Orange = SHR, White = FMP, Grey = MSW.
This looks like a good kit however my money tree stopped growing this year.

I just want the pad or pads necessary to start polishing. I would like to keep it under $50.

Anyone out there just using one pad for polishing?
Old 04-11-2010, 03:22 PM   #10
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
This looks like a good kit however my money tree stopped growing this year.

I just want the pad or pads necessary to start polishing. I would like to keep it under $50.

Anyone out there just using one pad for polishing?
If you dont have any scratches really to speak of you could probably get away with the white pad and the FMP, which will run you $34.11 with Junkman's code (before shipping).

To go with a white pad, orange pad, SHR, and FMP, it'll run you $68.22 before shipping. Then you could just wax by hand.

It's up to you on what you can spend and what products you need. Can't go wrong with Adam's though, no matter what you do it'll look better than it does now.
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #11
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Since I think I need the backing plate I may just breakdown and buy the dual action foam kit and then buy the SHR and FMP.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #12
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
The only thing is then you have nothing to use with the Grey pad, but at least you will have it for the future when some MSW comes into your life. Plus you get some APC to keep the pads clean so I think thats a better deal.
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #13
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
The only thing is then you have nothing to use with the Grey pad, but at least you will have it for the future when some MSW comes into your life. Plus you get some APC to keep the pads clean so I think thats a better deal.
I have used non-adam's sealants and waxes with my gray pad.. Sometimes MSW is just too much effort