Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
air1kdf

Drives: his 45th SS everywhere
Insurance rates increase

Late 40's, married, no accidents, no tickets, State Farm for 15 years with all my insurance. I just got notice that my rates are going up on the SS Camaro because this car has more accidents than it used to. I'm thinking that it's a crock. I'll be shopping around for insurance for home, motorcycle, and 3 cars.

Looking for recommendations. I'm thinking of Progressive, Geico, Farm Bureau and who else?

I'll never use Nationwide ins. I had them for 20 yrs, no accidents, w/motorcycle ins. Then bought a Yamaha R6 and they wanted me to pay $400/month. I told them their crazy, that doesn't make any sense at all and they agreed, but were firm. I told them I will be dropping them today. Then found State Farm, and they were only like 35/month. I called Nationwide and told them to cancel me, they said that they couldn't. I said get your supervisor NOW. She said that they can't drop me without written permission. I asked for the fax #, 5 minutes later dropped.
air1kdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Me mid 40's, married, no accidents or tickets and I've had my house and cars with America Family for the past 15 years and ill never go with any other one. They have been good to my family and me. They take of any issues we have quickly. Give em a call.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Those insurance folks are up to something. Mine just went up 20% in one year for no reason (Allstate; no accidents/claims/changes. Actually all my vehicles got one year older so they actually should have gone down). I then went to Amica (local to me and their rates were equivalent to my rates a year ago).

I made the change over when my Allstate insurance expired. I have since received calls from them with threats. They claim that I owed them for one month in the next years' payment. I told them I have other insurance and they could go pound sand. They sent me a letter stating that they would call DMV and tell them that I am not insured (um, go ahead I have insurance ). They called again to supposedly put me on a recorded line so I could "swear" that I have another insurer!! Really!

I signed no automatic extension paperwork (in fact I was on a 6 month schedule). They have sent me letters that say if I don't pay for my next premium, then they call DMV and let DMV know that I no longer have insurance with them (as I said before, go ahead, knock yourselves out. I'm insured).

I put that last part in because of the kicker; the last call I got was to my wife (avoiding me who is the primary holder). She was told that unless we come up with proof that we are insured, THEY were going to send this to collections!! Yup, collections! Lol.
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I have my three vehicles insured with USAA... once I got married, and added my spouse and her car, my premium went down to my surprise being that she drives like a bat outta hell. But I'm 39, no tickets, no accidents. The only downside to USAA is, they don't insure motorcycles... they refer you to Progressive who wanted to charge me like $2100 per year just for the ZX-10R... Yeah right. So for MC insurance, I went thru State Farm.

Mind controlled by Cerebro
Old 04-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
My vehicle insurance went up as well. Over 40 and no accidents or surcharges. I was pretty pissed off about it. I almost called them on it. My carrier is Liberty Mutual.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #6
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
My rates went up this year as well, for both the Camaro and the Infiniti (with Travelers).

I spoke with my agent and they said that ALL the carriers' rates went up quite a bit either in March or April. She mentioned that hail and other environmentally related incidents (flood/hurricane/etc) were driving the general rates up across all classes of vehicles. I had her run rates via the other carriers to see if Travelers was ripping me off and she said that the other carriers were much worse for my requested coverage.

The interesting thing though was that it was cheaper for me to shift the Camaro over to primary and my old SUV over to "pleasure"... my rates actually dropped on both vehicles for just about every part of the insurance coverage. It was really counter-intuitive and odd, but I took it and ran.
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
Tyler360

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I've had progressive for 2 years and so far my rates have been going down