Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-03-2013, 12:32 AM   #1
Josh_Trick

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS, 1994 Saturn SC2
Times When You Miss Your Camaro.

I'm lucky enough to get to travel for work now and then. I'm from Dayton, Ohio and my company's office in the San Francisco Bay Area is always my destination when I travel. I really enjoy it, except for one thing, I miss my car! Ellie is just sitting at home in a dark garage while I'm thousands of miles away driving some rental car.

The cars I see in the bay area are fantastic! Teslas, Porches, Ferraris, and of course plenty of Camaros, Mustangs, and Challengers. I feel left out driving a rental car. Not to mention the vintage cars that I don't see at home anymore because they've all rusted away years ago.

Today I decided to go for a drive to Half Moon Bay to see the ocean, but I got sidetracked on all the wonderful twisty mountain roads. Damn, I am jealous! I wish I had roads like that at home. I ran the crap out of my Ford Focus rental, and I had a blast, but I just kept thinking about how much better it would have been if I had my car. Next time I'm upgrading to a sportier rental car!

What makes you miss your Camaro?
Josh_Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:57 AM   #2
brandonrr
LFX is not the average V6

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0
what makes me miss my camaro?

seeing it almost every day at the dealership i not only traded it in at, but also work for. it is one of the 4 "showcase" used cars of the lot and looks good sitting there. it will break my heart a little when it sells.

today, i was almost feeling regretful, but then i started it up and drove it a little and felt better. it just doesn't have the exhaust sound or power and low-end torque my new car has. if only i could just swap the motors and exterior color of the two cars...
POS 2011 Mazda 3 - traded in for camaro
2001 Ford F-150 - traded in for mazda
brandonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:14 AM   #3
coreyaustin17
NEC5 C-HOLE CHAMP

Drives: 2013 camaro 2SS/RS 1LE 1 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonrr View Post

seeing it almost every day at the dealership i not only traded it in at, but also work for. it is one of the 4 "showcase" used cars of the lot and looks good sitting there. it will break my heart a little when it sells.

today, i was almost feeling regretful, but then i started it up and drove it a little and felt better. it just doesn't have the exhaust sound or power and low-end torque my new car has. if only i could just swap the motors and exterior color of the two cars...
what were your specs on your camaro?? and im guessing your in the stang now?
Old 05-03-2013, 03:21 AM   #4
nbsp

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS IOM/IOM
Waiting for it to be shipped :(
nbsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
SeriouslySinning

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
Not more than a week after I bought my 13 2LT did I take a road trip to Myrtle Beach. Now this would have been great to take her but unfortunately I was picking up friends at the airport and as you all know even one golf bag is tough to fit in the trunk much less 4 guys and all their crap. So she stayed home with my father.

Not two days does my mother post on facebook "This car is so great! I had no idea that if you pull the e-brake really hard it does a 180 like in the movies!"

Yea so needless to say I was itching to get back behind the wheel.
SeriouslySinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #6
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonrr View Post

Why would you do that. Why didn't you just find a SS just like your other, Seriously
Old 05-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #7
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
Being deployed for a year not getting to drive it makes me miss it.....
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote