Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-06-2009, 11:49 PM   #99
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan View Post
lol... what class are you writing this paper for?

Anyways, I think you should take note that while a Camaro is more car than a Mustang, it was created in order to compete directly with the mustang. When the Camaro was cancelled in 2002, GM had no plans of resurrecting it until the 2005 retro redesign of the Mustang turned out to be a big hit.

It is also worth noting that the Mustang is more American than the Camaro because the Mustang was supposed to be an affordable roadster/sportscar. The Mustang sparked a revolution in the car making world by creating this new class of car, the pony car. Also, because of its price, virtually any American could buy one, and that is why they sold millions of them.

So, personally while I adore my Camaro and I prefer the styling of most Camaros to Mustangs, I would say that the Mustang is better than the Camaro due to its impact on society.
I thought the Camaro had a great impact on society. I engaged in a few social relationships "back in the day" in my Camaro that could not have been carried out within the limited confines of a Mustang. Even now, the new Camaro has a little bit more room for that than my GT500.

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
detroitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:03 AM   #100
Jerseyrican88

Drives: Fast
thanks guys, im actually writing this for english comp, my teacher said we can write about anything except for abortion lol this was a no brainer. and im writing about the camaro as of now not from the past. but i do understand what your saying
UCI CamaroFan
Jerseyrican88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:28 AM   #101
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
dont forget to bring up the fact that ford realizes 99% of mustang drivers are teenage girls, and therefore starting marketing the pony girl clothing line.

Like I said before, there is a dealership that is 4 miles away from my house that has 3 2SS's just sitting on their lot. And this is a very small dealership it's not a high volume dealership in a populated area., Come early summer, when 2011's are coming out, the camaro will be offered for 0%. I guarantee it
Sales Forcasting 101B:
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
apparently you didn't understand my post correctly. If there are 4 (now 6) camaros sitting at a low volume dealership, just imagine how many are sitting at the high volume dealerships
KoTToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:36 AM   #102
Jerseyrican88

Drives: Fast
i had no idea there was a pony girl clothing line lol WoW, thanks for that tid bit of info lol
Jerseyrican88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:05 AM   #103
tom_vilsack
Banned

Drives: fast
-talk about... how if not for the popularity of the 05-09 mustangs,there might not be any new camaros

-talk about the how the 2011 mustangs both V6 and V8 will have all new motors and because of weight...will be faster then the camaros

-talk about how ford didn't need any gov handout to keep building the mustang

ill try thinking of more and get back to you.....

ps: have owned 3 mustangs,1 camaro,1 firebird...love them all!
tom_vilsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:17 AM   #104
1976Bee
Bumblebee

Drives: 2010 Yellow w/ Black 1SS
just write:

"Camaro > Mustang"

Thats all the teacher needs to know.

-=Chevy Pride=-
1976Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:26 AM   #105
WMCC Doug
Camaro for life

Drives: 2002 Hot Rod Magazine Ltd. Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
Because its not a mustang..
That just about says it all, right there!
Old 10-07-2009, 02:14 AM   #106
WolfpackRedCamaro

Drives: 2011 Victory Red 1LT RS
The new Mustang is awful looking. Front looks an overdesigned mess, and the rear is like the Accord coupe.
WolfpackRedCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:35 AM   #107
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Dont forget to mention that the Camaro was'nt made for 8 year's because nobody wanted them and it's only because of the Mustang that the Camaro is here now. Or about how much trouble many people have getting GM to do warranty wotk. And yes the ne Mustang is not much to look at IMO but neither is the Camaro.
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:42 AM   #108
dreammy
Banned

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM RS
My husband owns a 2010 Mustang Gt and I have 2LT RS 6. I can tell you the interior of the camaro is FAR more comfortable. More Hip and shoulder room by a couple inches. The Leather is richer and the dash design way more attractive. The sound system of the Mustang is very tinny and the Camaros Boston system beats the Bose in my Intimidator all to heck. The mustang is also missing simple features, like no garage opener, no mirror on passenger side visor. While seated the head rest is so far tilted forward it makes you hold your head in an awkward chin to chest position and the head rest is not adjustable front to back. The mustang has no Halo lamps. Gosh I could go on and on! My husband likes mine so well he is trading the mustang in as soon as the Z28 comes out.
dreammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:54 AM   #109
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
LMAO at all the Fanboy responses. I don't think writing "it's not a Mustang" will get you a good grade.
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:55 AM   #110
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Lets give credit where credit is due. Ford mustang is a very iconic car and has a deep history. Of course your going to see many of them on the roads millions of them have been made and tens of thousand of people love this car it has not stopped production of this car like the camaro did since it first started building them. If ford had awful sales with there mustang in the last 10 years no way would we have seen the challenger or the new camaro. The reason mustang sales are poor right now are 2 fold. They are offering a much better motor in 2011 plus the camaro is new the current mustang has been around since 2005 with some bad exterior changes in 2010.The current 2010 mustang is off track and behind the times right now so its a easy target to kick around. There GT and V6 motor offerings for hp performance are poor compared to the camaro but lets not forget this car is lighter so give them some slack. The new 2010 interior is top notch its right there with the new camaro so who ever designed it i give them credit the guy did his job well. Now the exterior this is a problem many people have. Its so how do u say this un-mustang like its a botched job. Its like they tried to make it kinda like the new camaro but it simply doesnt work. They need to go back to there roots like they did in 2005 and forget about how the others are doing things and be all mustang cues in every way. One thing mustang has is they are still king of the road with the GT500 but this will change with the offerings of the SRT 10 challenger and the Z-28 camaro. Before anyone says you sound like a ford guy no i am not. I am a car guy i love muscle cars but my heart has always been GM. If you question that i build Toyota cars for a living i have never put one of those on my driveway after 12 years building them with currently 2 GM cars on my driveway. I put my money where my mouth is.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:59 AM   #111
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyrican88 View Post
thanks guys, im actually writing this for english comp, my teacher said we can write about anything except for abortion lol this was a no brainer. and im writing about the camaro as of now not from the past. but i do understand what your saying
UCI CamaroFan
You can either write a biased, fanboy article or a true depiction of the camaro's positive and negative aspects. The latter will probably get the better grade.
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:05 AM   #112
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
At least you have something interesting to talk about and the research you can do on here and over at the Mustang forum should give you enough for 100 pages of easy information. Now don't come back here with anything under an "A" on that paper. Or
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, camaro vs mustang, cobra, faster, mods, mustang, race