Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-04-2016, 07:53 PM   #71
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
So I sold my SS three weeks ago to prepare to buy a 16' Camaro. Now that 16's are on the GM Supplier website.. I have seen 1LT's with a RS package for as low as $25k!!! Less than what we paid for our 14' 1LT/RS. I have been considering a V6 as well..

Last edited by sonnydurden; 01-05-2016 at 03:04 AM.
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:55 PM   #72
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
So I sold my SS three weeks ago to prepare to buy a 16' Camaro. Now that 16's are on the GM Supplier website.. I have seen 1LT's with a RS package for as low as $25k!!! Less than what we paid our 14' 1LT/RS. I have been considering a V6 as well..
I got the V6 AND love it as my first Camaro!!!!!!!

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:35 PM   #73
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
For me the selling point for american sports cars overall. is a big v8 engine. So i would never dream of getting a 6 or 4 cylinder camaro.

My mother just got a ATS coupe 2.0L turbo. I love that car, and i think the engine is great for getting around town. Has low end torque, and gets great fuel economy. But at the sake of buying a "cool", or performance car. I will always go the V8 with american sports car. the raw power and sound cant be beat.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:19 PM   #74
daytonagary

Drives: 1932 Ford 3 Window Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Now this surprises me. I agree with you on the spoiler. It has a little to be desired. I guess I kinda like the fact you like the LT front better than the SS front. A major reason is cause I have the 2LT. The front of the SS, the grille kinda zig zags around. Looks like a cage.
The LTs grille has straight lines.
Why else do you like the LT front so much?
everything that is different than the SS I like better which is everything below the headlights. turn signal area is more appealing to me and the horizontal bars instead of the egg crate grille inside the front, it just looks more balanced. I will price out the parts to change it. I do all my own painting and the installation so no labor cost would be involved. We will see. And hopefully at SEMA the end of the year I will find a custom front that I like even better.
daytonagary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:06 AM   #75
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
I got the V6 AND love it as my first Camaro!!!!!!!
Awesome color too!! Congrats!!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:15 AM   #76
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Is there any v6 revs out there with the DM exhaust you wanna share?
Is this what you where looking for?

https://youtu.be/Qrs0oa-XIV4
Old 01-05-2016, 06:08 AM   #77
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AN0NYM0US View Post
Whats a sports car without a v8? to me its a must.
911, Cayman, Boxster, GT-R, (new) Ford GT, (new) NSX, etc all say 'hello'.

I'm in the V8 aficionado camp, but I also don't feel the need to demean someone else's choice for what they want / afford / feel is right for them. Get what is right for you, and enjoy! Screw 'em if they don't like what you have.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:59 PM   #78
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
911, Cayman, Boxster, GT-R, (new) Ford GT, (new) NSX, etc all say 'hello'.

I'm in the V8 aficionado camp, but I also don't feel the need to demean someone else's choice for what they want / afford / feel is right for them. Get what is right for you, and enjoy! Screw 'em if they don't like what you have.
Like i said. The selling point for a american sports car is the V8. I honestly wish the GT was a twin turbo V8.

Generally speaking a v8, v10 or v12 sound way better than 6 cylinders. The only 6 cylinder I think that sounds pretty good is the ones found in the 911. specially that GT3... OMG

the 6 cylinder in the new camaros, dont sound bad at all. But it doesn't fit the camaro. The camaro is very badass looking. It needs a v8 to complete its status.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:27 AM   #79
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
Like i said. The selling point for a american sports car is the V8. I honestly wish the GT was a twin turbo V8.

Generally speaking a v8, v10 or v12 sound way better than 6 cylinders. The only 6 cylinder I think that sounds pretty good is the ones found in the 911. specially that GT3... OMG

the 6 cylinder in the new camaros, dont sound bad at all. But it doesn't fit the camaro. The camaro is very badass looking. It needs a v8 to complete its status.
While I agree there is nothing like the sound of a v8, the v6 with NPP on the 2016 sounds pretty damn good.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:02 AM   #80
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Take it from someone that has gone from 8 to 6, DON'T DO IT! If you have any doubts, you are not v6 material and will end up with buyers remorse. Wait til you start seeing all the post with 16 SS guys running as fast as us gen5 ZL1 guys. That will really get under your skin if you buy a V6. My ZL1 is gone for a 16 SS as soon as Im comfortable that the bugs are worked out of the new car.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:51 AM   #81
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
we are all different....I have owned two chevy V8's, the 13ss and the new Vette. and I just purchased a v6...why? because I'm using it as a DD and the v6 is fine. Just took a 400 mile trip and the engine was perfect for interstate work. I'm all thru with the "vroom vroom" of the v8, I loved it, but not necessary this go 'round.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:17 AM   #82
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
If the V6 times were over, say, 6 seconds, I could see wanting a V8. But damn.. 2016 V6 times are better than 1995 corvette times, and equal to the '95 ZR-1. Engines are just so much better than they used to be.

I'm happy. I'll have plenty of power to play with, excellent handling, lots of high tech in the cockpit, and an extra $6000+ in my pocket.

I will also be cheering on the V8 guys as they make Mustangs sorry they showed up that day. No mercy.
FlightSoftware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:48 PM   #83
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
I went from V8 to V6 also. I miss the torque but I dont miss the speeding tickets I was racking up on my young record lol.

Still interested in the new 1SS but I might just take a step back and trade up my 5th gen to a 6th gen V6 to use as a DD..

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:02 PM   #84
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Quote:
The 2016 CAMARO SS trim levels with the V8, either 1SS or 2SS are meant to drag race or go on a track. Plain and simple. 0-60 time in 4 seconds with the automatic transmission. As a Daily Driver, you will never be able to legally utilize that power. Don't understand why people buy the V8 except to get speeding tickets and what not. PLUS, you have to put premium gas in it.
Lol. It's a SS, not a COPO or Z28. It's a V8 DD and is entirely meant as such.

And for the record, most V8 owners on Camaro5 use their power every time they drive. I know I do. Only one speeding ticket too and that was over 5 years ago. Even if I had a V6 or I4 my driving wouldn't change.

That said no one should care what someone else drives, and certainly not why, that's just dumb.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote