Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-14-2021, 07:05 AM   #1
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
First time at the track in 10+ years...

So im finally heading out to the track for the first time in about 15 or so years and my first time in my 5th gen. My mods are in my signature. Nothing too crazy done to the car. you guys wanna share any tips before i head out there next month? Its a no-prep track ( old runway ). The event is 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, 1/4 mile roll, and 1/2 mile roll.

Thanks

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:27 AM   #2
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Have fun....lol
Old 05-14-2021, 11:41 AM   #3
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Clean tires, dump clutch, have fun.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:23 PM   #4
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
Have fun....lol
Well thats the plan! The event is even on my bday so im making a whole weekend of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Old 05-14-2021, 08:50 PM   #5
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
This, and be safe the old "no prep" runway near here can get dangerously dirty and slick. That's why they call the one near me The Equalizer!
Old 05-16-2021, 11:36 PM   #6
bayarea408

Drives: T
Tips...

i like to sit in the bleachers and observe how the Christmas tree is ran, it can be very different. Flash green immediate go, Three two one green go, double trip laser beam to a 3 count go. It really just depends and how they operate the Tree at the event. Then i'd pay close attention to how the water box situation works. Some places make you drive through it, some place have it in a way where you drive around it and back the rear tires up to the puddle and spin. Pay attention to the lanes, if people are breaking up or bailing runs at certain grease marks or road imperfections you should be aware. GROOVES IN THE LANE, yep real tracks have developed a groove from tons of cars jamming down it, stay in this groove best you can. Full bolton car i'd be happy anything past 12.8 @115
have fun

Last edited by bayarea408; 05-16-2021 at 11:48 PM.
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:45 AM   #7
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Run the roll races it will be easier on the driveline
102SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:41 AM   #8
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea408 View Post
Tips...

i like to sit in the bleachers and observe how the Christmas tree is ran, it can be very different. Flash green immediate go, Three two one green go, double trip laser beam to a 3 count go. It really just depends and how they operate the Tree at the event. Then i'd pay close attention to how the water box situation works. Some places make you drive through it, some place have it in a way where you drive around it and back the rear tires up to the puddle and spin. Pay attention to the lanes, if people are breaking up or bailing runs at certain grease marks or road imperfections you should be aware. GROOVES IN THE LANE, yep real tracks have developed a groove from tons of cars jamming down it, stay in this groove best you can. Full bolton car i'd be happy anything past 12.8 @115
have fun
Thanks! Ive always sat back at first to watch a few people go down to see the conditions. Also, we are getting to walk the track after the drivers meeting so ill be paying close attention to that as well. My goal for the day is getting into the 12s but may be tough considering im going full weight with not much done to this thing.

Old 05-17-2021, 08:43 AM   #9
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
Run the roll races it will be easier on the driveline
Im probably running everything except the 1/8 mile digs. Just doesnt seem worth the beating on the driveline for such a short race. Most of my friends im going with i know i can out-launch them but the rolls will be tough against them. We'll see. Im just looking to have fun and get back into the swing of things. Ordered my helmet last night

Old 05-17-2021, 05:00 PM   #10
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
Thanks! Ive always sat back at first to watch a few people go down to see the conditions. Also, we are getting to walk the track after the drivers meeting so ill be paying close attention to that as well. My goal for the day is getting into the 12s but may be tough considering im going full weight with not much done to this thing.
By all means, yes pay attention to the tree and how the other cars are running in each lane as stated above. If you can get her somewhat hooked up being a FBO car, you should see a 12. My FBO with a custom dyno tune on street tires ran a 12.68 @ 116 at my track. Good luck, be careful and have a blast!!!
Old 05-17-2021, 09:41 PM   #11
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
1/8 mile is the most interesting. Water box, staging, RT, 60'. Everything after that is just sitting in the car.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 08:01 PM   #12
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Leave on yellow
Old 06-02-2021, 04:20 PM   #13
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

welp, the event was pushed from June to September so it looks like I have some time for upgrades and practice lol

Old 06-02-2021, 04:53 PM   #14
bayarea408

Drives: T
solid rear sub frame bushings.
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote