Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-21-2011, 05:54 AM   #1
thetournykid

Drives: 03 mustang, Upgrading!!
Rider graphix, question, and some other questions. help please.

Hello guys, so after months, and months, i'm finally ordering my camaro, I'm going with the SGM 2ss, and I'm really excited.

Anyway, I ordered the RS package, and black rally stripes, and I have a couple questions:

I want to buy black gill's off of rider graphix, along with, blacking out where the trunk bowtie/tail lights are.

My question regarding this is, Since I ordered my camaro, and ordered the black stripes package, is the black stripes package, going too be "gloss black" or "flat black" ? I figure I want too get the same type of black, for the rider graphix, but I'm unsure of what chevy's standard hood/trunk stripes are, are they more "gloss black"? or "flat black"? I need too know which one too buy, so my gills and other graphix, match the factory hood/trunk stripes.

So any input into which one would match, would be greatley appricated !!!

A couple other questions, If anyone has any clue, or can help, would be fantastic!

I ordered the 2011 SGM as i stated, with black interior/green panals, However I'm wondering, does it come with green stitching? or was this just on the special addition 2010 SGM.? My dealer didnt know, and wasnt sure, so if anyone knows, leme know please. thank you.

I want too do the following things, however what type of place, would be able too do, all or the bulk of these things?
( since i dont trust myself at all, with putting new things on my new car, I'm going too have a professional do everything. )

I want too:
Put the graphix on
Black out my tail lights
Get Halo lights
Powder Coat my wheels, and get my brake capsule painted
Put a custom bowtie on
Get the door handles painted black
Put in a cold air intake
Put in a new exhaust

^^^^ Does anyone know what type of place I should be looking for too get this done, I live in oviedo florida ( orlando florida ) If anyone knows personally a place, that'd be great, but in general, am I looking for just a paint shop? a personal mechanic? ect.. ect..?

If anyone can shed some light, on any of these questions above, and the first question, I'd GREATLEY appricate it, The fact that people take the time out, too help others on here, is great, so thanks in advance.

Any input helps!!!! you guys are great.

thetournykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
The stripes are mat black. kinda more on the flat side with a shean. Don't know if this helps. Can't help much with the others.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:26 PM   #3
autoguy

Drives: 10 SS,11 SS Pace, 13 ZL1 IOM
Our Flat Black would be the ones to order.
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
BrandonB956

Drives: RS (11/15/10)
I have purchased my gill stripes and back blackout kit off of ridergraphix ,
( gloss black ) I hope this helps

Nov.15th 2010 -- Check out my build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116235
BrandonB956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
Drottie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible in VR
Mine are from Ridergraphix and they look great. I went with the flat black, not an exact match to OEM but they look great. My installer said it was one of the best "kits" he ever installed, very, very close and required only minimal trimming. Hope this helps. BTW flat black on an CGM is a VERY subtle, obviously on a different color they're going to stand out more. I'm going for a "stealth" kinda look and this worked out well. Hope this helps!
Attached Images

Whipple 2.9L with 3.875" pulley
CBI ESAD cam with Tooley springs
ADM fuel with ID850 injectors DSX Tune
MGW shifter
20" TSW Nurbering 275/315 Nitto NT05
Carlyle Performance 15" kit with Pfadt solid subframe inserts
C.A.I. cold air intake
SLP LT headers, 3" exhaust, no cats, x-pipe
ZL1 dual mode mufflers
Lighting controlled by NightOwl

2010 SS/RS LS3 - SOLD-
#15,852 build date 06/05/2009
CGM w/flat black stripes
Drottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #6
Rob V

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
I just ordered some Bumblebee stripes in white, and gloss black gills for my IOM. Looking forward to getting them on the car, except the ground is still covered in snow and gravel. Hopefully just a few more weeks of this, and if I'm lucky, by the time the package gets here. I'll make sure to post pics.
Rob V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #7
Rob V

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
Sorry to double post, but I had my hood stripes installed. I haven't got the spoiler or trunk stripes installed yet because GM is going to repaint my trunk lid. But here's the white Bumblebee stripes on an IOM car. Sorry for the dirty car and poor weather.