Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 10-24-2017, 09:34 AM   #29
frenchsquared

Drives: 15 Z28, 01 Corvette, 96 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTIFIED View Post
I recall another Z/28 owner who had some fairly serious power complaining about wheel hop. No bueno.
If you want to drag race don't get a Z28. Mine wheel hops violently. I figure it is because of -1.8 camber on the rear and Trofeos. Don't care. I didn't spend this much money to spin the tires. My 1989 Mazda B2200 will spin the tires all day long and take a hellcat, ZL1 and Z06 in the 1/4 mile. Any car can run 10 second passes with a $6,000 small block chevy and some nitrous. Why wast $60,000 on a Z28 to do that. Craigslist... $1500 any old Chevy.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:03 PM   #30
MrRaZ28
@MrRaZ28

Drives: 2014 Z28 #80
In a nutshell, this is the best thing I have ever owned. And that's AFTER putting 550 hours and $15k in parts on my 92 that I built. I can't stop wanting to drive it.
MrRaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:38 PM   #31
rcandiloro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
I owned a 2014 ZL1 before getting my Z/28 (in between I owned a 2009 ZR1) so I think I can provide some insight into the differences, and yes they are different animals. I LOVED my ZL1, I truly did. A fantastic car and as an all around do everything high performance vehicle it's really hard to beat. Fast, handles great, comfortable, mag ride suspension......what's not to love. So then why would I end up with a Z/28 if I loved the ZL1 so much? It really came down to what folks have mentioned here several times. It's hard to put into words when someone describes a car as "special" because that can mean a lot of things, but it's really true with the Z/28. It's more raw, more aggressive, stiffer, and just plain more badass I guess is the best way to describe it. I really enjoyed driving my ZL1 but I LOVE driving my Z/28. The exhaust note is meaner, the way it makes power is different and to me is more aggressive/fun......I just love that LS7. I know on paper the ZL1 is supposed to be quicker, and it probably is, but it really doesn't feel like the Z/28 is any slower. Bottom line is they are both fast cars. Again, I loved my ZL1, but I wouldn't go back to it, ever......the Z/28 is truly special!
rcandiloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 10:56 PM   #32
JUSTIFIED

Drives: 2015 black Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcandiloro View Post
I owned a 2014 ZL1 before getting my Z/28 (in between I owned a 2009 ZR1) so I think I can provide some insight into the differences, and yes they are different animals. I LOVED my ZL1, I truly did. A fantastic car and as an all around do everything high performance vehicle it's really hard to beat. Fast, handles great, comfortable, mag ride suspension......what's not to love. So then why would I end up with a Z/28 if I loved the ZL1 so much? It really came down to what folks have mentioned here several times. It's hard to put into words when someone describes a car as "special" because that can mean a lot of things, but it's really true with the Z/28. It's more raw, more aggressive, stiffer, and just plain more badass I guess is the best way to describe it. I really enjoyed driving my ZL1 but I LOVE driving my Z/28. The exhaust note is meaner, the way it makes power is different and to me is more aggressive/fun......I just love that LS7. I know on paper the ZL1 is supposed to be quicker, and it probably is, but it really doesn't feel like the Z/28 is any slower. Bottom line is they are both fast cars. Again, I loved my ZL1, but I wouldn't go back to it, ever......the Z/28 is truly special!
I had a 2013 ZL1 and this sums up my experience perfectly.

OP - words can't describe how great it truly is. Drive one and you'll see for yourself.