Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-06-2008, 10:45 AM   #29
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
They are lying to you; the orders have not been submitted yet... Call them back and demand your money back or tell them you going to contact your attorney… They are giving you the run around…

At first they was just ripping you off and now they are trying to sell you a car under false pretenses which is illegal.

And this is straight from GM's mouth so you can give them this link if they don't believe you.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10136

Quote:
Scott:

You can post the following..

I understand the concern with missing the opportunity to change orders, but rest assured it will be late January to early February before we start requesting orders for production, and even when we start the initial number of orders will be a small amount. For most orders, changes will be accepted well into February or March.

Thanks

John Fitzpatrick
Marketing Manager - Camaro
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:56 AM   #30
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP MSRP
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:44 AM   #31
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMchin View Post
Don't pay over MSRP.
+1! We stick together and not pay for mark up! if u pay for mark up, the dealer will try to do that to everyone and other dealer will follow! Say no to mark up!
Old 12-06-2008, 02:23 PM   #32
bluecobaltkid
Res43cue

Drives: 2009 Ford Focus SE Sedan
Send a message via AIM to bluecobaltkid Send a message via Yahoo to bluecobaltkid
Get your money back!
bluecobaltkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:15 PM   #33
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Agreed, get your money back. I could see them fighting the deposit but not changing your order is just scummy since nothing is official yet.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #34
BigTrap1967

Drives: 1969 396SS yellow w/ black str
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Agreed, get your money back.* I could see them fighting the deposit but not changing your order is just scummy since nothing is official yet.
Yea, I know. I called the dealer back because i had changed a few items on my order.such as at first i didn't have iom interior package and with the help of you guys i found that i was being charged for Boston acoustic and 20in polish wheels on a 2ss/rs package.i ask them to fax me another copy with the correction and i was told that they would do it Monday and possibly i can change the color then.what do you think about my color choice iom/iom? By the way what should i pay for a 2ss/rs,iom interior package,sunroof,Hurst shifter,and strips.don,t forget the 4000$ beating that i am taking?
BigTrap1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #35
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Do not let them screw you over. You truly are in control of this one.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #36
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
By the Way, Love the IOM color with 2SS/RSS and orange interior! Tint the windows and it will ROCK!
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #37
garymac
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 1969SS & future C5 Camaro
under MSRP

You can order a camaro form a dealer in the Charleston, SC area for better than $1000 under MSRP. Sadly I just canceled my order due to financial issues, so the dealer has an allotment open.
garymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:54 PM   #38
BigTrap1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymac View Post
You can order a camaro form a dealer in the Charleston, SC area for better than $1000 under MSRP. Sadly I just canceled my order due to financial issues, so the dealer has an allotment open.
please give me there information.man i can save 3000$!!
Old 12-06-2008, 06:57 PM   #39
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTrap1967 View Post
Yea, I know. I called the dealer back because i had changed a few items on my order.such as at first i didn't have iom interior package and with the help of you guys i found that i was being charged for Boston acoustic and 20in polish wheels on a 2ss/rs package.i ask them to fax me another copy with the correction and i was told that they would do it Monday and possibly i can change the color then.what do you think about my color choice iom/iom? By the way what should i pay for a 2ss/rs,iom interior package,sunroof,Hurst shifter,and strips.don,t forget the 4000$ beating that i am taking?
I hope you are able to get your money back also. Here's one of the many builder programs going that will let you know what the MSRP should be on your options. Just fill in the tax, etc and start picking away.

http://www.camaroz28.com/camarobuilder/

I know GM/Chevrolet/Scott Settlemire can't get involved with what dealers charge above and beyond MSRP, but I'm sure if they heard what this dealer was doing by telling you that your order had already been submitted, you'd be able to get your money back.

And you asked, so I will offer my 2 cents on the IOM/IOM package. I wouldn't get the IOM interior. It may look ok, but from what I've seen of it, I don't think the colors will be that close. I'm getting it for my black 2SS/RS though so I do like it. I feel the same way about Hugger Orange 69s with the orange/black houndstooth. It's too much orange. But look, it's your car and your money. Do what YOU want.

Good luck!
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:02 PM   #40
garymac
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 1969SS & future C5 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTrap1967 View Post
please give me there information.man i can save 3000$!!
Marchant Chevrolet
Ravenel, SC
843-722-8208
Talk to Ray Peterson

Tell him you were referred by Gary Mccullough

They may be closed on Sundays
garymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:08 PM   #41
BigTrap1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymac View Post
Marchant ChevroletRavenel, SC843-722-8208Talk to Ray PetersonTell him you were referred by Gary Mccullough They may be closed on Sundays
Thanks a lot!!
Old 12-06-2008, 09:21 PM   #42
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
And you asked, so I will offer my 2 cents on the IOM/IOM package. I wouldn't get the IOM interior. It may look ok, but from what I've seen of it, I don't think the colors will be that close. I'm getting it for my black 2SS/RS though so I do like it. I feel the same way about Hugger Orange 69s with the orange/black houndstooth. It's too much orange. But look, it's your car and your money. Do what YOU want.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

This ain't interior decorating 101. If you have an IOM exterior, and the orange accent interior what the heck does it matter if the shade of the orange is off a bit???? The color of the car changes under different light anyway, so what difference does it make?
I don't care if the grey/black part of the interior is titanium, ebony, or black. Its still going to go with the IOM paint exterior just fine. I'm getting painted aftermarket stripes anyway, so I'll match those to whatever the interior color is (the non orange part) and all will be fine.
Go look at the Mustangs and try to match your interior color to the exterior paint color and you'll find thay are all way off (if you can find them on a dealer lot with any interior color other than black).
Geez...this orange accent interior is sweet and goes with the black exterior, cyber grey, IOM, or silver. So whats the problem with getting it with any different exterior than black?

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
detroitboy is offline   Reply With Quote