Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Thoughts on this combo.....SIM(Silver on Silver Rallys)

Thoughts on the SIM with Silver Rallys. Has anyone seen or done this? For some reason the link would not allow me to copy and save the exact picture. Click on the link and scroll down and the (SIM) Silver on Silver picture is on page 3 of the PDF Document. Would like to get thought of this combo. It appears to be subtle but nice. I was thinking of putting this combo on my 2SS RS that is currently on order.

Also anyone out there who is great at Photoshop....would you mind attempting to photoshop a pic of this combo in a larger picture or realife type pic? Thanks for the help and feedback.

http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/fil...ccessories.pdf

Thanks!!

Don
Old 07-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
I was seriously thinking it. I wish GM would allow buyers to put SIM on SIM, IOM on IOM, black on black and CGM on CGM.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
DCJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I was seriously thinking it. I wish GM would allow buyers to put SIM on SIM, IOM on IOM, black on black and CGM on CGM.

Me too! I was at my dealer today and since they are ordering my Rallys separate, I had them cancel them(the CGM Rally I had on order). I went over to the parts department and he pulled this site up for me and it showed that combo and it looked great I thought. Just a subtle but nice look. I am thinking about ordering those when the car arrives as he said it would take just a couple of days to get the silver rallys in.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
DCJ

Here is a larger picture of the SIM with the Flat Silver Rally Stripes. I was finally able to copy and save it so I could attach it to the post...

Do the stripes appear to be enough contrast to even make a difference...

Old 07-10-2009, 04:35 PM   #5
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
They are supposed to be the exact same color..I don't see why you would want to do this?? It is like painting silver ice metallic stripes on a Silver ice metallic car? It would be invisible..
Old 07-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #6
DCJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
They are supposed to be the exact same color..I don't see why you would want to do this?? It is like painting silver ice metallic stripes on a Silver ice metallic car? It would be invisible..
Are they not Flat Silver? I was thinking they may have similar contrast as the Flat Black Rallys would against the Black Cyber Black color...

If indeed they are the same color then I would not have interest in this. I was thinking they were a Flat Silver with a subtle contrast....
Old 07-10-2009, 06:09 PM   #7
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCJ View Post
Are they not Flat Silver? I was thinking they may have similar contrast as the Flat Black Rallys would against the Black Cyber Black color...

If indeed they are the same color then I would not have interest in this. I was thinking they were a Flat Silver with a subtle contrast....
You can buy aftermarket flat silver ones but the ones from GM are not flat but glossy.. Good luck on your color combo. A flat silver would look nice though I believe that is precisely why you cannot order them that way from the site..
Old 07-10-2009, 11:14 PM   #8
novajess1972
I Done Caught Diabeetus.

Drives: 1972 Chevelle SS/2010 Tundra
I love it!
Old 07-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #9
DCJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
You can buy aftermarket flat silver ones but the ones from GM are not flat but glossy.. Good luck on your color combo. A flat silver would look nice though I believe that is precisely why you cannot order them that way from the site..
Who would be the best source out there for the aftermarket flat Silver Rally Stripes? I am pretty sure I want to do this but now I need to find the best place to get them. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2009, 07:24 AM   #10
bub

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE & '15 Corvette Z06
RE: "2SS RS SIM Ordered-6/24/09 (Status 1100)-7/01/09 (Status 3000)" in your sig...

Holy crap man...who did you order from?
bub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:38 AM   #11
DCJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bub View Post
RE: "2SS RS SIM Ordered-6/24/09 (Status 1100)-7/01/09 (Status 3000)" in your sig...

Holy crap man...who did you order from?
I have a awesome dealer ... Just perfect timing as they had an open allocation so it went right into the system and started moving right away. I think it really comes down to if the allocation is open the week he inputs the order.