Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #43
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstandFifthGen View Post
So the dealer and/or transport companies put in the info for Connects updates...nothing to do with GM or the factory of orgin? I assume GM does when it's info about production or moving around in the storage lot....example back and forth from 4B00 and 4200.

Thanks.
The dealer and transport folks update the GM system. The GM system updates Chevroletconnects within hours. Yes, GM fully controls the production and bayed information (to a degree).
Old 02-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #44
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Perhaps you have a suggestion which will allow transport and dealer personnel to update GM sooner?
Isn't there any form.if scanning method in place? Id assume if UPS can track a $20 package at every stop.along the way, including arrival at my doorstep within minutes, then there'd be something similar in place for a $45,000 car. Are you telling me that GM really thinks my car is still.in the Orlando rail yard (per GM Connects it still is) despite my taking possesion and paying for it Saturday? GEneral Motors has no record that the car has been sold?

Perhaps UPS can share their software?
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #45
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Isn't there any form.if scanning method in place?

Yes there is but if a GM supplier or dealer's employee does not do their job promptly, guess what?
Old 02-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #46
united1

Drives: slpzl585vert.
chevroletconnects still list my car as bayed but my dealer told me it was shipped on friday ,so I know what your talking about.
united1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #47
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I hope that mine and Mandog will be on the same train ! We are all waiting here in Mass-confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by united1 View Post
chevroletconnects still list my car as bayed but my dealer told me it was shipped on friday ,so I know what your talking about.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #48
ctinatx

Drives: 2014 SS Sedan
Quote:
Please download Podcast #286 which is an interview with John Fitzpatrick, Camaro Marketing Manager. He speaks about the convertible shipping out.

http://itunes.apple.com/podcast/cama...ast/id79978152
The convertible information starts about 12:19 in to the podcast. The rest of podcast is worth listening to as well.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #49
Mandog

Drives: 2011 RJT 1LT Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
I hope that mine and Mandog will be on the same train ! We are all waiting here in Mass-confusion
That would be a nice surprise to get an email or call that it's here.
Mandog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:05 PM   #50
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Yeah, I'm going to give the dealer a call tomorrow just to be a pain in the A$$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandog View Post
That would be a nice surprise to get an email or call that it's here.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:13 PM   #51
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Yeah, I'm going to give the dealer a call tomorrow just to be a pain in the A$$.
He, he, he.... I bought my dealer a gift card for putting up with me!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #52
Justification

Drives: Red 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Yes there is but if a GM supplier or dealer's employee does not do their job promptly, guess what?
Sounds like a real breakdown on the logistics train.
GM is running Just In Time Inventory so it would seem that they would want to know at a moments notice where anything is on the supply line. That should include completed product since that is how they actually make money.
UPS and FedEx can tell you the second something changes with your package, Delta updates your frequent miles earned as soon as the airplane takes off, my bank updates my bank balance the second I use my ATM card.
Seems someone at GM should have the supply chain figured out on how to update inventory real time. Maybe that is a failure that helped cause the bankruptcy, and should be fixed to help prevent another one.
Justification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:43 PM   #53
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Well Chevroletconnects or Camarotracking didn't exist in May 2009.
I would assume they use the same info from the same source as my dealer did way back then. Whatever system my dealer used, is the info I used.

I doubt very seriously the info used in Chevroletconnects or Camarotracking is any more accurate than GMs info the dealers use.

In fact, I'd bet money on it. Why would it be? It continues to be innacurate even now. This thread is case in point. It's fun to play with I guess, but just a guessing game in the end.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:48 AM   #54
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justification View Post
Sounds like a real breakdown on the logistics train.
GM is running Just In Time Inventory so it would seem that they would want to know at a moments notice where anything is on the supply line. That should include completed product since that is how they actually make money.
UPS and FedEx can tell you the second something changes with your package, Delta updates your frequent miles earned as soon as the airplane takes off, my bank updates my bank balance the second I use my ATM card.
Seems someone at GM should have the supply chain figured out on how to update inventory real time. Maybe that is a failure that helped cause the bankruptcy, and should be fixed to help prevent another one.
GM logistics is extremely well run. They delivered over 2 million cars in the U.S. and Canada last year. The OP's car was delivered before the system was updated. Iff the system was updated before the car arrived then you may have a valid point.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:03 AM   #55
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I would assume they use the same info from the same source as my dealer did way back then. Whatever system my dealer used, is the info I used.

I doubt very seriously the info used in Chevroletconnects or Camarotracking is any more accurate than GMs info the dealers use.

In fact, I'd bet money on it. Why would it be? It continues to be inaccurate even now. This thread is case in point. It's fun to play with I guess, but just a guessing game in the end.
If someone's vehicle arrives at the dealership before the information is in the system, where's the issue? The dealer would immediately contact the customer (as they did with the OP). Not sure why you take issue with that.

Eventually the system is updated accordingly. That has zero impact on when the customer receives their vehicle. This thread is more about understanding the process then the system being broken.

Last edited by Hylton; 03-01-2011 at 08:00 AM. Reason: typos
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:09 AM   #56
FirstandFifthGen

Drives: 68 Camaro, 48 Chevy truck, 36 Chevy
Quote:
If someone's vehicle arrives at the dealership before the information is in the system, where's the isssue? The dealer whould immediately contact the customer (as they did with the OP). Not sure why you take issue with that.

Eventually the system is updated accordingly. That has zero impact on when the customer receives their vehicle. This thread is more about understanding the process then the system being broken.
Understand...thanks for the explanations of how it works. And it is definitely true, that once the vehicle arrives, many dealers just do not update/input the final codes...they probably figure why bother...car delivered.