Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 09-06-2017, 02:40 PM   #15
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
[QUOTE=gringo;9895802]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamaro444 View Post
In my shortest possible response, because I don't want to get stuck on this: Yes, I would load my own groceries for many reasons. One is because I can, and two is because things like the above scratches or worse happen when other people deal with our Camaros. That being said, no matter how bad the scratches are, or you believing the OP should have loaded his own, they did happen, and they were caused by someone else. The OP should not just have to accept it. That's my opinion on it, but I respect your opinion as well.[\QUOTE]

Sure, I do agree that the store clerk should have been more careful. However, most people are not going to be as careful as you are about your car. I can't even stand people riding in my car because they tend to drag their shoes across the interior rocker trim panel when they get in.

Even if I couldn't load the groceries in myself, I would have at least exited the car and stood near the clerk telling them to be careful about scratching the paint as they loaded the groceries in.

Sitting in a brand new car that I care about and having them load the groceries would be a trust exercise I could not handle.
Im the same way when people get in or out of my car. lol
Feet should go from the ground directly to the carpeted footwell. I cringe whenever I see or hear feet scuff or touch the plastic interior on the way in or out...and to take this further, I love when I see someone get in and be mindful of watching their feet with the interior plastic.
First World car problems! 😳
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:33 AM   #16
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Attached Images

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:56 AM   #17
CatchMyZ

Drives: Blue Velvet SS
Man card! Lol, my wife’s had it for about 9 ½ years now!
I appreciate the feedback. I haven't heard back from the company that was supposed to be notified, and I don't think I'll give them any more grief about it. I plan to polish the car before I put her up for the winter so hopefully I can clean it up to my satisfaction. If I can't, I'm sure I'll regret not following up and having it fixed professionally.
I suppose I can take a minute to address some irrelevant items from previous comments because I simply can't resist.
My ability to load my own groceries… I might be capable, or I might have a disability that isn’t noticeable from my reflection in my bumper….seems rude to me to assume something like that.
Some poorly paid kid might get in trouble….GOOD! That’s the point! I’m not an A-hole, but jobs like that give people life experience and just maybe they’ll be a little more cautious in the future. If people are not held liable for their actions, they won’t learn right from wrong.
Feel fortunate it’s only minor damage….well I am fortunate in many ways, but that doesn’t mean I should spend my own time, money, and products and still risk not fixing it properly. I’m a little scared that I will do more harm than good.
Alright alright, I’m done bitchin…I did have concerns going to pick the groceries up in the Camaro, but I let my faith in people to not suck get the best of me that day. I learned a good lesson (as did the employees I’m certain) regarding trusting people.
I’ll try to follow up with the results. Thanks again Camaro community for your feedback!
CatchMyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 03:00 PM   #18
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchMyZ View Post
Man card! Lol, my wife’s had it for about 9 ½ years now!
I appreciate the feedback. I haven't heard back from the company that was supposed to be notified, and I don't think I'll give them any more grief about it. I plan to polish the car before I put her up for the winter so hopefully I can clean it up to my satisfaction. If I can't, I'm sure I'll regret not following up and having it fixed professionally.
I suppose I can take a minute to address some irrelevant items from previous comments because I simply can't resist.
My ability to load my own groceries… I might be capable, or I might have a disability that isn’t noticeable from my reflection in my bumper….seems rude to me to assume something like that.
Some poorly paid kid might get in trouble….GOOD! That’s the point! I’m not an A-hole, but jobs like that give people life experience and just maybe they’ll be a little more cautious in the future. If people are not held liable for their actions, they won’t learn right from wrong.
Feel fortunate it’s only minor damage….well I am fortunate in many ways, but that doesn’t mean I should spend my own time, money, and products and still risk not fixing it properly. I’m a little scared that I will do more harm than good.
Alright alright, I’m done bitchin…I did have concerns going to pick the groceries up in the Camaro, but I let my faith in people to not suck get the best of me that day. I learned a good lesson (as did the employees I’m certain) regarding trusting people.
I’ll try to follow up with the results. Thanks again Camaro community for your feedback!
Well said! Good look getting you Camaro back to looking sharp! 👍🏻
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote