Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-03-2020, 02:11 AM   #1
booneSS13

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS LS3
Question Does anyone know this car??? (At Dealer)

I've been very interested in this 2015 ZL1 with 27,099 miles at this Warshaw Indiana dealership. However they have no idea what mods are done to it or who did them. From the pictures I received from them it looks like an upper pulley, cai, headers, and a Borla cat back. Hoping to find the original owner and or details on this vehicle.
Attached Images

-Fastlane Cold Air Intake, NPP cat back exhaust, Stainless Works LT Headers, 2r max camshaft, Stage 3 Ported Heads (Manley Stainless steel values, titanium retainers, dual valve springs, bronze guides), Wiseco Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods, Clevite Bearings, Factory Crankshaft, Comp Cams rocker arm trunion kit, Morel 5315 lifters, JP performance single billet timing chain, Melling oil pump, Spec stage 3+ clutch and flywheel, BMR trailing arms, Nitto 555r 305/35/20.
booneSS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:28 PM   #2
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by booneSS13 View Post
I've been very interested in this 2015 ZL1 with 27,099 miles at this Warshaw Indiana dealership. However they have no idea what mods are done to it or who did them. From the pictures I received from them it looks like an upper pulley, cai, headers, and a Borla cat back. Hoping to find the original owner and or details on this vehicle.
Did the dealer get it on a trade or did they buy it at auction? If they got it on trade the dealer should have the name of the last owner. If bought at auction then you're s**t up a creek.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:48 PM   #3
booneSS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
Did the dealer get it on a trade or did they buy it at auction? If they got it on trade the dealer should have the name of the last owner. If bought at auction then you're s**t up a creek.
They said that they got it on trade in for a 4runner. They told me that a local chevy dealer did the work to which I called and found out the only thing they did was an oil change.the car has had 4 owners the first 2 of which resided in Canada.

-Fastlane Cold Air Intake, NPP cat back exhaust, Stainless Works LT Headers, 2r max camshaft, Stage 3 Ported Heads (Manley Stainless steel values, titanium retainers, dual valve springs, bronze guides), Wiseco Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods, Clevite Bearings, Factory Crankshaft, Comp Cams rocker arm trunion kit, Morel 5315 lifters, JP performance single billet timing chain, Melling oil pump, Spec stage 3+ clutch and flywheel, BMR trailing arms, Nitto 555r 305/35/20.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:08 PM   #4
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
If in Canada, the gauges may be in Metric.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 03:54 PM   #5
Coop[580

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Ashen Grey
Thing looks real dirty. You would think they would clean it up for pictures. Exhaust tips are nasty. Air filter looks dirty. 4 owners in 5 years......
635/632-93 octane
725/738-E85
Coop[580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 04:10 PM   #6
12oclockshadow

Drives: 2012 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop[580 View Post
Thing looks real dirty. You would think they would clean it up for pictures. Exhaust tips are nasty. Air filter looks dirty. 4 owners in 5 years......
I thought the same looking at those pics. If it was a trade don't they have owners last name. Maybe they won't release for privacy reasons.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:35 PM   #7
booneSS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop[580 View Post
yeah I thought the same thing,they Said it was from road construction out front (I don't buy that). They told me they won't release the name for privacy reasons. I don't think I'll buy it without tracking the owner or tuner down first. Not unless they would agree to like $32,000

Old 04-03-2020, 05:43 PM   #8
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
If in Canada, the gauges may be in Metric.
My car is from Canada and it has the US regular gauges but you can change the digital part I think to metric readouts? I think I am correct?
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 05:49 PM   #9
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by booneSS13 View Post
yeah I thought the same thing,they Said it was from road construction out front (I don't buy that). They told me they won't release the name for privacy reasons. I don't think I'll buy it without tracking the owner or tuner down first. Not unless they would agree to like $32,000
That is BS on not giving you the person info who traded it in to you. I would tell them to give it to me or I am gone. Their hiding something and do not want you to know. They bought it at a auction and cannot tell you who had it. I bought my car from a dealer and they gave me the guys name who traded it in and I talked to him before I bought mine. I would look somewhere else if I were you.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 07:56 PM   #10
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
That is BS on not giving you the person info who traded it in to you. I would tell them to give it to me or I am gone. Their hiding something and do not want you to know. They bought it at a auction and cannot tell you who had it. I bought my car from a dealer and they gave me the guys name who traded it in and I talked to him before I bought mine. I would look somewhere else if I were you.

It's against the law.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:05 PM   #11
booneSS13

This is getting ridiculous. I'm about ready to pass on this
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2020, 08:10 PM   #12
booneSS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty CC View Post
Looks to me like they just never detailed it , the Borla Trumpets are dirty like 25,000 miles worth... That is an entry level air filter. Have you heard it run? If cammed you probably heard it. The TB looks stock as well. I would bet if stock cam is still in it that they just did the exhaust and air filter. Those two mods are fairly easy and without a tune. Sometimes if the pullies are done the balancer will be the one marked. Smitty
Thanks for the info. My issue is if it has a pulley and headers, then it was tuned. I'd really want to know who tuned the car. How do I know if he didn't buy hp tuners and try to tune it himself and hurt it?

Old 04-03-2020, 08:42 PM   #13
Sinister10

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
looks like the splitter is busted as well...
2010 2SS/RS 6M, MGW flatstick, CAI cold air intake, SLP loudmouth 2 axleback, TSP 1 7/8 headers w/ hfc, pfadt 1" springs, SRP pedals, emblempros "6.2L" emblems on hood, ZL1 grill, M/T SC-5 wheels, nitto motivo 275f 315r. ZL1 addons wickerbill, smoked lenses, resonator delete x pipe, diode dynamics DRLs 1LE suede steering wheel, mighty mouse CC. SCTX4 and Dyno Steve tune.
Sinister10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:45 AM   #14
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
That car looks it was never taken care by anyone. And I wouldn't want to buy a car knowing it has been owned by 4 differeant people in 5 years.

Years ago I use to leave all my papers that I had work done on the vehicle. You can't do that anymore cause the dealer just throws the papers in the shit can.