Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-11-2017, 05:34 AM   #1
pmgraves

Drives: 2014 Camaro Convertible LT2 RS
2014 Camaro LT2 Convertible Rattle

New to this site! I recently started noticing a couple of pretty nasty rattles inside my convertible but I can't seem too find anyone else with the same problem. The biggest issue I have is that the button in the overhead console that controls the convertible top seems to rattle pretty bad, but when you apply pressure to it then it stops. I had it in the dealership and they replaced the rivets and overhead trim piece 3 times but that still hasn't fixed the problem. The other issue I've noticed is a bad rattle/tapping sound by the drivers rear quarter window/seat belt opening. I've tried putting dielectric grease on the weatherstripping but that hasn't helped. Just curious if anyone else has the same issues or ideas!
pmgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:47 PM   #2
slowpoke17

Drives: 2015 2LT convertible RS
I had some noise coming from the rear framework on the passenger side on my 2015 LT. Dealer added some lubricant to the pads by the trunk lid and adjusted them so they were snug and that seemed to fix the rear noise. They also replaced the front header trim and made some adjustments, that also helped. We'll see this spring when I can drive it more, I put it in storage right after the repairs.
slowpoke17 is offline   Reply With Quote