Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #29
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
I have a Cavalier? lol

"TheCaptain" On your old stock wheels, how did you paint the inside portion of them? Did you DIY with a can of paint or bring them somewhere to be painted or powdercoated? I just ask because I like that look better with the lip dark and the middle of the wheel silver cuz I plan to one day do that to my stock Camaro rims.
BTW, nice looking car!
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #30
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Thanks SoFlaz! It was a DIY with PPG spraybombs of GM Lazer Blue Metallic. Then i put some 3M vinyl over them to protect them from stones and such.

I don't have any problem seeing out my Cobalts back windows, 07 SS SC with the highrise, and 20% tint. The highrise is in the way a bit, but not that i can't see around it. I am 6' 2" though.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:06 PM   #31
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
WARNING: this is for you ss/tc guys make sure your charge piping is in the holder because if it's not then it's possible to break off a clip from a harness that is right below the charge piping.

Thank you,
AJ
MCPOAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #32
TonytheTiger

Drives: 1999 camaro rs
wow i never knew we had so many colbalt owners!
Old 12-08-2008, 06:28 PM   #33
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Surprise! No surprise really, the Camaro is a logical performance step up for those with the money!
Old 12-08-2008, 06:47 PM   #34
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
Surprise! No surprise really, the Camaro is a logical performance step up for those with the money!
It is! It would be for me too if my lease wasn't ending in a few months.... So looks like I'm getting a GTO...
Old 12-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #35
MCPOAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4EVER View Post
It is! It would be for me too if my lease wasn't ending in a few months.... So looks like I'm getting a 2SS Camaro...
Fixed
Old 12-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #36
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
It is! It would be for me too if my lease wasn't ending in a few months.... So looks like I'm getting a GTO...
Oh darn...

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:11 PM   #37
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPOAJ View Post
Fixed
... Hey!

If GTO's weren't going for what they are on the market right now, I'd wait a few more months when the Camaro hype all dies down.

But when 06 GTO's are going for $20k with like under 15k miles on them. Heck I saw one in Wisc with only 13k miles on it going for $17,999 it's sorta hard to not get one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Oh darn...
yeah the css.net thread was pretty interesting...
Old 12-10-2008, 05:52 PM   #38
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPOAJ View Post
Looks like where the only lnf bro's on da site there's a few ss/sc's here but the number of cobalt's on here supprises me but do you have any plans for your ss/tc??
I don't have any real plans yet. The official GM stage kit is rumored to be coming out soon, but this will be my daily driver as soon as they yank my company car. I'm just hoping they wait through winter so I don't have to buy snow tires until next year.

Beyond that, let me say that I love this car. It's such a blast to drive.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:14 AM   #39
MCPOAJ

well my part came in guys man it was a close call i got it b4 gm whent bankrupt thank god...
Old 12-12-2008, 12:45 PM   #40
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
We know there's more of you guys out there! Don't make me start searching for people and calling you out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonytheTiger View Post
wow i never knew we had so many colbalt owners!
Doesn't surprise me at all, we got chevy running in our veins. I was dead set on a Cobalt till I saw the camaro in 2006. You guys know the rest of the story.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:11 PM   #41
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
I broke 500 miles this weekend and now I'm playing with some 'features' and I thought I'd post up my experiences even if you don't care :

I don't think launch control is actually the fastest way to launch, however it is great fun to make your 65 year old Dad 'enjoy the experience' with you. It's a pretty violent feeling way to take off if you drop the clutch right. He actually admitted that it was quicker than his old SS from his youth. When he said that, my mouth dropped open. I've been hearing about that car for almost the entirety of my 39 years of life.

I can't seem to hit the no lift shift feature perfectly. I've had too many pops because I've shifted too late, and I've had it overrun a couple of times because I went too early. I think I've only hit it perfectly half a dozen times. I posted in CobaltSS.net- maybe I need to invest in a shift light?

Now I just need to continue practicing self-restraint keeping it to the speed limit so I can continue to enjoy my low insurance rates .
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:31 PM   #42
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

launch control isn't the quickest way to launch. You're right. Over on the css.net the guys over there have been getting quicker 1/4 times by not using launch control but by simply feathering the clutch (or doing it the old fashion way... ) or holding at a lower RPM and launching.

All launch control does is allow you to rev up to like 5k plus RPM's, dump the clutch and go.... which doesn't get the best traction that way.... (and isn't the best for your cluth/trans) lol but neither is feathering the clutch...