Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2017 Camaro Fest (VII)

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 07:31 AM   #43
Redrocker1958
Obsessive camaro disorder

Drives: **2010 2ss/rs**
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
First off, thanks for your patience.

The next CamaroFest will be in spring 2017. We are targeting the month of April.

The last fest was extremely well attended and enjoyed in Bowling Green. We could have easily turned it around and done a repeat in 2016, but we didn't want to return to BG unless it was huge and nothing less. They support us well there, and no doubt we will be back someday and do it right.

We are very excited to say that we've made the decision to set our sites West, again! But to make that happen, it needs to be in the Spring as we did with Valdosta, Chandler and Baytown due to heat. Unfortunately that didn't leave us with enough time between Fest IV, in BG, and now to put that together for 2016 - even though we have been trying hard.

Now in the meantime, on to what IS happening in 2016…Holley was a huge supporter at Fest VI and we hope to get as many Camaros out to LS Fest as we can. The Holley LS Fest is being held the weekend after Labor Day, September 9 through the 11th...If we get enough interest they will provide us with "Camaro Corral" parking on the track side (Please "Sign up" in the next post). We also want to gauge interest in a Camaro5/6 Track Day at the National Corvette Museum track the same weekend, so you can do both...sort of a "mini fest". Discussions are ongoing between us and the great folks with Holley - and more details to come - but we do need some feedback from everyone who wants to run this awesome track again!

Finally, we wanted to share with you all that we're working with a new partner this year to provide a very unique experience for you in the Michigan area, later this summer. Because of the nature of the event and the partnership, we cannot discuss the details, location, or date before everything is written in stone. However, we can tell you about this special event, and that it is the "big deal" we've been hinting at for a few months..
Seriously bad planning
Old 03-15-2016, 08:16 AM   #44
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Awesome! Thanks for all yall's hardwork!!! I can't even imagine what all goes into planning these events! So thank you! Thank you! I'm with Ruby and its a syn being a V6 and being unable to race at LS Fest, but coming from Texas I'd have to choose between Michigan and LS Fest anyway. That's quite a drive from South Texas! lol But for the Special Event and Camaro Fest 2017! Party!!

Thanks again for everyone's hardwork on these events!
Old 03-15-2016, 09:03 AM   #45
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Blanchard View Post
We booked the Holiday Inn so I am really hoping it is the "host" hotel for the LS Fest, info is a little confusing. We would be interested in the the track events and the Camaro Corral. One thing I have not been able to find...are convertibles allowed to run the track events? Any requirements? I saw that helmets are required for some events, but, again I wasn't clear if needed for track. Not motorcycle helmets? Can someone clarify for this newbie? Thanks, Peggy
When I went to the camarofest last year in BG they did not allow verts on the NCM track. They are ok for the strip and autocross if they have it. For helmets, motorcycle helmets are not allowed they need to be snell approved so 2010 or higher is acceptable.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:12 AM   #46
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Well I am not freaking going to the fest this year. Just sayin'
Oh. I see what you did there
Old 03-15-2016, 09:35 AM   #47
Ertter11

Drives: 2016 1LT/RS V6 Mosaic Black
Already started making plans to attend. Would love a track day at NCM.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:28 PM   #48
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbrooks700 View Post
Some of us have booked at the Hilton Garden Inn. I stayed there at fest. Right next to the host hotel
Awesome! Should be fun... Hope to see a few C5 folks there...

-Don
Old 03-15-2016, 12:50 PM   #49
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Michigan isn't too far from me... Hopefully you guys let us know dates soon so I can put in for leave.
Our hands are tied with that one. As soon as we can reveal, we will. (didn't realize you were near michigan)
Old 03-15-2016, 06:16 PM   #50
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I have to say this is pretty disappointing. No Fest at all this year?? And an invite to LS fest... I wasn't interested in LS Fest as I don't have an LS Camaro and I'm still not. So I'll have to wait 13 months for another Camaro Fest to come around. I was really looking forward to showing off my new setup on the drag strip. I guess it is what it is... Maybe next year.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:23 PM   #51
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
Quote:
First off, thanks for your patience.

The next CamaroFest will be in spring 2017. We are targeting the month of April.

The last fest was extremely well attended and enjoyed in Bowling Green. We could have easily turned it around and done a repeat in 2016, but we didn't want to return to BG unless it was huge and nothing less. They support us well there, and no doubt we will be back someday and do it right.

We are very excited to say that we've made the decision to set our sites West, again! But to make that happen, it needs to be in the Spring as we did with Valdosta, Chandler and Baytown due to heat. Unfortunately that didn't leave us with enough time between Fest IV, in BG, and now to put that together for 2016 - even though we have been trying hard. And in October there is Crusing the Coast in MS that we go to everyear.

Now in the meantime, on to what IS happening in 2016…Holley was a huge supporter at Fest VI and we hope to get as many Camaros out to LS Fest as we can. The Holley LS Fest is being held the weekend after Labor Day, September 9 through the 11th...If we get enough interest they will provide us with "Camaro Corral" parking on the track side (Please "Sign up" in the next post). We also want to gauge interest in a Camaro5/6 Track Day at the National Corvette Museum track the same weekend, so you can do both...sort of a "mini fest". Discussions are ongoing between us and the great folks with Holley - and more details to come - but we do need some feedback from everyone who wants to run this awesome track again!

Finally, we wanted to share with you all that we're working with a new partner this year to provide a very unique experience for you in the Michigan area, later this summer. Because of the nature of the event and the partnership, we cannot discuss the details, location, or date before everything is written in stone. However, we can tell you about this special event, and that it is the "big deal" we've been hinting at for a few months..

Melee,

Thanks for all the hard work you all do, had a blast the last two years. I'm not gonna make it this year. The weekend before I am road captain with my Harley Owners Group for a ride Savanah Ga. Maybe in 2017.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:25 PM   #52
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Michigan isn't too far from me... Hopefully you guys let us know dates soon so I can put in for leave.
I'm registered for Camaro Superfest in Ypsilanti, MI. June 30-july 3rd.

Thursday(6/30) is Track day at Michigan International Raceway.
Friday(7/1) is Camaro Plant tour.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:06 PM   #53
mobilin

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS (119k miles)
I likely won't make LS Fest, but I'm in for the Michigan surprise... Plant tour? Just had to take guess. Are we opening up Camaro museum as well? I posted some video on FB and ********* news posted it as well from around the plant. While I was riding around I was thinking a Museum would be a good idea.
Hot Red Camaro 2SS RS 17 Oct 2015 (SS 199) 31 Oct traded 64k miles
Torch Red Stingray 2LT Z51 16 Mar 2015 Delivered (NCM) (NO ECAR) - Sold 09/07/23 ~54k
Black LS Purchased 07/20/13 (SYFY 2) - 21 Oct Given to daughter for 16th Birthday
Red 2LT Delivered 06/24/09 20 days (SYFY) traded 17 Oct 15 99,986 miles
Old 03-16-2016, 03:36 PM   #54
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Thanks for the update, this is very disappointing but as you said there are other events to attend.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:38 PM   #55
jjbrooks700

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
We are working with them on this. Nothing firm but this would be a Wed or Thurs for us. Last year Holley didn't use the track on Thurs and they are just now firming up this years plans. We simply need to know if there is interest at this point.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:50 PM   #56
vja 2014 zl1

Drives: 2018 Triple Black ZL1 A10
Looks like I'm out of luck this year and next. As a farmer, Sept.is harvest season and April is planting season. Hopefully Michigan has enough notice for a ride from Mississippi. Looks like I have plenty of time for mods.

Closed Thread