#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-16-2016, 08:22 PM   #323
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
This is coming from a guy whose owned 5, 5th Gen Camaros including the ZL1. What are the hell are you taking about? If you've heard of cases of guys canceling there Hellcat orders is because they never wanted the car in the first place, and or they didn't want to wait that long to get it. Plain and simple. I couldn't wait til the 6th gen ZL1 arrived and now I'm excited. A car enthusiast at heart.

Dodge doesn't need the memo. Brute power? 10.5-10.8 at the track daily with DRs. It's been proven. So slow your roll. You will easily get embarrassed by a Hellcat. Many have, and many will continue.
I love the Hellcats. I'm actually a big fan of Dodge in general though I drive a 15 1LE.

That said, the hellcat might win drag racing, but this zl1 is going to mop the floor with it on a track with curves, or road with curves for that matter. Not that Dodge markets the hellcat as a track car.
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:22 PM   #324
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
I really like it. The only thing I don't like so far is the rear spoiler. But, that's what aftermarket companies are for! lol
This car is going to be fast! F_A_S_T!! So,......when they say "estimated hp/tq", could it be more? Could it be less? I highly doubt it is less though. Just like when they were teasing before the Hellcat came out, SRT just stated, over 600 HP. We all know how that worked out, 707 at the crank and 650lbs of torque. Nasty machine.
I'm thinking the power/torque is more. Is it possible that the Camaro ZL1 have more power and torque than the Z06?!?!
Old 03-16-2016, 08:24 PM   #325
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
This is coming from a guy whose owned 5, 5th Gen Camaros including the ZL1. What are the hell are you taking about? If you've heard of cases of guys canceling there Hellcat orders is because they never wanted the car in the first place, and or they didn't want to wait that long to get it. Plain and simple. I couldn't wait til the 6th gen ZL1 arrived and now I'm excited. A car enthusiast at heart.

Dodge doesn't need the memo. Brute power? 10.5-10.8 at the track daily with DRs. It's been proven. So slow your roll. You will easily get embarrassed by a Hellcat. Many have, and many will continue.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:28 PM   #326
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
You will easily get embarrassed by a Hellcat. Many have, and many will continue.
Until you need to turn...
Old 03-16-2016, 08:29 PM   #327
Hypertrophy

Drives: truck
Question Rest of drive train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
No underhood pictures, yet. As of the time of the reveal, the red car did not have an engine cover, but I did get a good look at the drip tray system. It's removeable again, Pretty nifty.
Mr. Wyndham my apologies if this has already been addressed. I went through the thread and did not see this question. What about the rest of the drivetrain? Did the upgrade the rear axles, transfer case, etc. to handle the additional torque?
Hypertrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:30 PM   #328
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsFan75 View Post
I love the Hellcats. I'm actually a big fan of Dodge in general though I drive a 15 1LE.

That said, the hellcat might win drag racing, but this zl1 is going to mop the floor with it on a track with curves, or road with curves for that matter. Not that Dodge markets the hellcat as a track car.
2 different types of cars. Point blank. You've ended the debate. One is drag strip, one is track.

I don't know many track guys, but I know many drag guys. Overall I'm excited. I always loved what GM has done ever since the 2010 Camaro SS that made me want to buy one in the first place. I may come back depending on the numbers of the ZL1. It just all depends.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:33 PM   #329
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
2 different types of cars. Point blank. You've ended the debate. One is drag strip, one is track.

I don't know many track guys, but I know many drag guys. Overall I'm excited. I always loved what GM has done ever since the 2010 Camaro SS that made me want to buy one in the first place. I may come back depending on the numbers of the ZL1. It just all depends.
Yea, pretty much. Two completely different cars. Both a master at their own class.
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:40 PM   #330
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:

I would certainly be happy with a Hellcat. I just had to hold out be because I believe this car will be so much more. My main thing is the weight. When I had my srt8 Yellow Jacket, it reminded me of being in my 07 300c which wasn't a good thing. It just felt to big and clumsy. Did they fix that with the Hellcat?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:53 PM   #331
Sky Pilot

Drives: '13 Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Thanks, brought back a lot of memories.
Thanks to all that joined me for a walk down memory lane.......reminds me how cars and Buddy's go together.
Sky Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:55 PM   #332
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
A & W Drive-in, Detroit Lakes Mn.
And you could drive all night on $5 worth of gas.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:57 PM   #333
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:

i'm going to let GM argue with you with regards to the new ZL1:

"Reign over strip, street and track"

challenge made.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:00 PM   #334
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:

Sounds like I got you all agitated and mad... LOL. And of course it's normal since you do drive a hellcat. Couldn't handle the reality of it I guess.

WITH DR's key point right there. Just watch what the ZL1 will be doing on the strip let alone the actual real competitive section the road course TRACK. Not a straight line where you actually you know, turn. Which is the EXACT memo I am talking about. ALL AROUND performance. Not just on a straight line. There is always a faster car, don't involve and modding into this no matter how simple or complex it might be. I have seen in person 2 challenger and a charger hellcats get embarrassed 2.3 liters. I could also care less about "getting embarrassed by a hellcat". There are 2 of em in town, both owned by great guys, I am not anti hellcat by no means, I think it's great what Dodge did but like I said. It's good for ONE thing.

The 455hp SS has the same tire width stock as a 707hp vehicle. So not only will I spend 25k extra on top of my SS and I would have to spend extra money on a car where it should've had stuff from factory for it to actually do what it was created for? STRAIGHT LINE ONLY. I would take a viper over a hellcat any day. That I will have massive respect for. A hellcat? Meh. Feel free to keep your hellcat since it's the greatest straight line car of all time. Oh and trust me. It is NOT a financial issue for me to NOT get a hellcat.

It comes down to an all around fantastic car or a car that does one thing great? That is not even a question in my book. Welcome to the 21st Century where performance both on the strip AND road course/circuit, comfort, MPG, technology is an ALL IN ONE package. That's "what the hell" I am talking about.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:01 PM   #335
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
i'm going to let GM argue with you with regards to the new ZL1:

"Reign over strip, street and track"

challenge made.
If this is true, then it looks like I'll be back in a ZL1. It's a win-win for me either way. I always said once I sold my ZL1 id be back in the 6th Gen.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:02 PM   #336
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Attached Images

SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote