Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #43
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Your new dual Oil Temperature and Pressure gauge. Light throttle until the oil is 170 degrees. Your 2618 pistons will be warm the same time ;-)

I hope that works better for you than my LM2 wide band did. It worked maybe one time. Then took a dump. I found out later that happens a lot. I've tried calling them and emailing them multiple times with no response. Piss poor customer service and product IMHO.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:44 PM   #44
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Have you started a build thread with this stuff aside from what's in this thread? You need to if not, because this thing is going to be impressive and very deserving of its own build thread! Good luck man!
This will be the build thread. Here are some pics from today. Rear tow hook going in where one of the backup lights used to be. More pics as they happen!
Attached Images

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:37 PM   #45
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
are you staying auto? are they beefing up the trans? this engine sounds like it needs it. i got my crate engine fired. 16 days after the old engine blew, i started the new engine. got a video of after the header install.

JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:50 PM   #46
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
We are planning to service the tranny at this time. After it fails I vote for a third pedal and a quarter master
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #47
SSSoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
are you staying auto? are they beefing up the trans? this engine sounds like it needs it. i got my crate engine fired. 16 days after the old engine blew, i started the new engine. got a video of after the header install.

Sounds badass! Congrats on getting things moving along so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
We are planning to service the tranny at this time. After it fails I vote for a third pedal and a quarter master
Just so I can mentally prepare myself for swapping out, oh, the rest of the dive train, how long do you anticipate my OE transmission lasting? 2 weekends? 4?

Quarter Master Optimum-SR - nice!

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:45 PM   #48
JOHNSONROD

well Pete, i finally beat you at something, getting my new engine in. i got a feeling that you will have the last laugh when they light that Smokey Yunick special. keep the build thread going. ill post some video of the new track in a week or so.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:37 PM   #49
SSSoon

Console being finished up, rear tow hook, and 6-nozzle fire suppression system (4 on engine, 2 on me, I am guessing).
Attached Images

Last edited by SSSoon; 09-22-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #50
SSSoon

Rear bumper off for welding. Not much left back there! Ice chest that will be mounted in the trunk to supply the cool shirt. No more sweating to death in the summer sun.
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2014, 07:51 AM   #51
JOHNSONROD

i wanted to do something to my console while i had it off but i didnt know what to do. that looks trick and it will be functional too. if you unplug that yaw sensor under the console, your side curtain airbags will fire for no reason without warning. ask me how i know. BOOM . . . confetti
Old 09-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #52
JusticePete

Quote:
i wanted to do something to my console while i had it off but i didnt know what to do. that looks trick and it will be functional too. if you unplug that yaw sensor under the console, your side curtain airbags will fire for no reason without warning. ask me how i know. BOOM . . . confetti
Boom is not a sound we like to associate with a track event
Old 09-24-2014, 12:06 PM   #53
SSSoon

Quote:
Jeez, I hope you are okay man. That could have been dangerous depending on where you were. I used to unplug the battery before removing the seats for the fear the bags would go off, and then I forgot to disconnect the battery first and it did not trigger. But never thought unplugging a sensor under the dash would do that.

I bet it scared the crap out of you when it went off...

Old 09-25-2014, 08:15 PM   #54
SSSoon

Rear tow hook plus external button to trigger fire suppression system.

(Yes there is an switch in the car to activate the system, to avoid random parking lot people and curious middle schoolers from flooding my cabin with foam)
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2014, 12:47 PM   #55
SSSoon

Goodies arriving, installation updates

Fire suppression bottle going in the trunk (needed to weld a plate in underneath), updated shots of the controls on console (red cup prevents accidental triggering of fire suppression), awesome radiator, and FAST intake.
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2014, 02:53 PM   #56
JusticePete

Tell the guy running this build to get things moving.