Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-15-2009, 07:31 AM   #29
PUNKIN
WE KRUZ

Drives: MARGARET CRAZZY
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeno310 View Post
if one camaro rolls off the line every minute, assuming a 5 day work week, and 16-hour factory operation (2 shifts?), that's 4800 camaros in a week.. or 19200 month.. last i heard they've only produced around 7-9k camaros a month since production began.. so 1 camaro/minute doesn't sound right... am i making any sense?
I think that they have only produced about 55,000 of the Camaros to date....from looking at the VIN's I've seen posted here.

I found these facts when reading about the Ultimate Factories show that will be on tv tonight....

CAMARO FACTS

After an 18-hour assembly per car, a new Camaro rolls off the assembly line almost every minute! Go behind the scenes with us and discover what really goes into designing a 2010 Camaro.

There are 734 robots doing the nearly 5,000 spot welds needed to create the body shell for each Camaro Coupe.

The Camaro’s outer body side panel is transformed through the strikes by four die sets, with the initial forming press generating nearly 1,400 tons of force at a speed of seven body sides per minute.

The Oshawa Car Paint Shop is a new, 1.3-million-square-foot facility.

This new paint shop was built in 2007 and is capable of delivering 150 painted vehicles per hour.

In order to get to the paint shop the Camaro body has to be transported on a bridge over a city street where it is painted and then shipped back across the bridge to the trim area for final detailing.

After eight hours in the body shop and five more hours in the paint shop, the Camaro body shell makes its way across a two-level bridge to the general assembly area.

It takes approximately 18 hours to build a Camaro.

One Camaro rolls off the assembly line approximately every minute.

This new paint shop was built in 2007 and is capable of delivering 150 painted vehicles per hour.

The Oshawa GM plant also produces the Impala in the same factory facility. The total plant size is 8.57 million square feet.

It took a $740-million-dollar investment to convert the Oshawa Car plant into a state of the art flexible manufacturing facility, producing the Chevrolet Camaro as its first product.

The Oshawa GM plant first opened in 1953.

Currently there are 3,743 employees in the plant (3,415 hourly pay and 328 salary.)

The Camaro engine is produced at a different plant and has to be shipped approximately 2 hours to the assembly line where it finally meets the Camaro.
WHITE STRIPES
20 INCH POLISHED WHEELS
BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR
:5thgenvert:
PUNKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:50 AM   #30
CamaroTex

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS
I feel for you, Weeno. I ordered mine in June, and I'm still waiting, but...I know mine is waiting in Oklahoma City for a truck. So, sooner or later, they DO come in! Good luck.
CamaroTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #31
DrumDawg

Drives: BumbleBee, 67 Firebird,79 Porsche
I order mine also on the 7th of July and it was ready this Saturday. 103 days....
3400 = Broadcast:09/14/2009
3800 = Produced:09/17/2009 2G1FK1EJ5A9147250
4000 = Available to ship 28Sept
4200 = Shipped-Rail-Detroit at 3AM on 5Oct, Departed for Miami, Ohio @ 3AM, arrived in Cincinnati, Ohio, 7 Oct 0749 arrived in Louisville Kentucky,at Kane Ave Tenn.@ 8:30PM,left for Wauhatchie, Tennesee 10Oct,Waycross GA10Oct,Jacksonville FL 11 Oct.
5000 = Delivered to the dealer 14Oct09
6000 = Delivered to the customer 17Oct09
DrumDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:06 PM   #32
weeno310
embrace the random

Drives: 2LT/RS M6 in ABM + White RS's
well i went to the dealership.. apparently i'm priority 1 for them this month... they've ordered 6 camaros for next month, but mines the only one gm has approved for them to get.. so i guess things are starting to roll lol.. still at 1100 as far as i know but they've given me a tentative guess that it should be made around mid-november..
Old 10-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #33
heidi

Drives: Black SS, Black Expedition
Red face

I cannot believe your getting jerked around like this. I would look for a vehicle on the GM site to see if I have any luck.

A good friend of mine in Cleveland ordered a 2LT and it came in 9 weeks just as ordered. I decided I wanted a 2SS and started looking around for one in the southeast and I found one for the price I wanted to pay within 2 weeks.
I was about to give up hope and just order one, but then one of the many dealers I called, called me back. Bought it the next day.

I was monitoring the delivery of the vehicles on the GM website. You would learn when the one you input where it was supposed to ship. I would call the internet manager and they would tell me all the details on the car. I also recieved two calls from two dealers after I bought my SS from dealers that had some SS's come in that weren't spoken for. The cars are out there. You just need to find them.

H
heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:06 PM   #34
weeno310
embrace the random

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi View Post
I cannot believe your getting jerked around like this. I would look for a vehicle on the GM site to see if I have any luck.

A good friend of mine in Cleveland ordered a 2LT and it came in 9 weeks just as ordered. I decided I wanted a 2SS and started looking around for one in the southeast and I found one for the price I wanted to pay within 2 weeks.
I was about to give up hope and just order one, but then one of the many dealers I called, called me back. Bought it the next day.

I was monitoring the delivery of the vehicles on the GM website. You would learn when the one you input where it was supposed to ship. I would call the internet manager and they would tell me all the details on the car. I also recieved two calls from two dealers after I bought my SS from dealers that had some SS's come in that weren't spoken for. The cars are out there. You just need to find them.

H
yea i still got no word about a TWP for my car.. and now i hear there's a constraint to my model (LT RS) which is being reduced to 0-10% of total production cuz the plant wants to ramp up SS production... AND ON TOP OF THAT, they're terminating production of the colour i want (ABM) by nov 30.. so logically, my car HAS to be made by then.. but yea i feel like i'm getting the run around from GM.. i don't blame my dealer, i sat down with them and they showed me their allocation is plenty.. i dunno why my order is wasting away in the production system and not getting a TPW already.. everyday i keep seeing ppl on this forum who ordered after me getting their cars already, and most in america too! i feel like i'm getting to a boiling point.. i thought it would be the shit to get the camaro, but when it comes down to it.. i just need an eff'ing car.. winter's just around the corner and i absolutely HATE having to take the goddamn TTC to get everywhere.. i've always loved the camaro, even since i was a kid.. i'm totally nuts about the 69' camaro.. but this is ridiculous.. i'm gonna try what you've suggested, calling other dealers to see if they have the same car on the lot and stuff.. but if it seems the car won't be made by this year, then F it.. i'm gonna cancel and get a mustang or something..
Old 11-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #35
weeno310
embrace the random

FIIIIIIIIIINALLY.... so my dealer says my order just went to 2000 today.. so i guess things are starting to roll... thnx everyone for your support, help, and encouragement!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #36
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
He's in CANADA........... Becky can't do anything for him except sell him a used one.

The dealer never gave you the order code (6alpha/# ) so he his BS'ing YOU.

He's playing you when he says it's GM at fault here.

Are they on the to be closed list? That would be why they have so little allocation.

The next 6 guys are going to get screwed the same as you did. He is just trying to make the swelling go down on your ass.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:31 PM   #37
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
Yes its worth the wait. Talk about ups and downs ask my 9-28 TPW's about that one.. My wait was 4 month 2 weeks and 4 days till I got her. Everyone got theres and I was still waiting it was very fustriating and I felt like I was on a roller coaster. It was very well worth the wait I love my car and look for any excuse to go to the garage to look at my baby. So be patient your time will come ... Ok yes that was easier said then done ..
geminidreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:46 PM   #38
firefighter 2SS

Drives: 2010 ABM camaro
weeno are u aware that the rs comes with summer tires and will not perform in tempatures below 40 degrees faretheit
firefighter 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:10 PM   #39
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
I think it is 46 F
Old 11-04-2009, 04:59 PM   #40
weeno310
embrace the random

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
He's in CANADA........... Becky can't do anything for him except sell him a used one.

The dealer never gave you the order code (6alpha/# ) so he his BS'ing YOU.

He's playing you when he says it's GM at fault here.

Are they on the to be closed list? That would be why they have so little allocation.

The next 6 guys are going to get screwed the same as you did. He is just trying to make the swelling go down on your ass.
actually my dealer did give me an order number a while back... NMFS7S.. it's been sitting at 1100 for almost 17 weeks till yesterday when it moved to 2000.. it should get produced for sure by nov 30 cuz that's the last day they make the car in the ABM color.. so everything is good.. things are rolling along..
Old 11-04-2009, 05:07 PM   #41
weeno310
embrace the random

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter 2SS View Post
weeno are u aware that the rs comes with summer tires and will not perform in tempatures below 40 degrees faretheit
yes i am aware.. so i'll either have to get winter replacements.. or just garage it 'till spring...
Old 11-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #42
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Took me 2 weeks shy of 9 months to get mine, your dealer misled you by not having an open allocation.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, canadian