Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #43
LIV4VETTES

Drives: 69 Camaro RS convertible
problems

I have to say that the ****parts are supplied to gm****...not so much manufactured by gm...cosmetics, fan noises...etc...are happening to more than just gm...these same problems are showing up at my job...a Toyota dealer...
LIV4VETTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #44
mad@gm

Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Seems crazy to me. It is a shame that most of the LS owners end up being dissappointed in their cars. I dont think its as much based on real problems as they feel like they just dont fit in the Camaro community due to it being a base model. Personally I dont feel that way about the LS, LT or 2LT but I sure do see it all over the forums and at the car shows. While everyone else is ooooohing and aaaaahhhhhing over the monster and heavily modified SS models people just walk by or turn up their noses on their other brothers. I have seen many cool and well concieved V6 models. But I do understand that when you bought something that you loved and that you could afford and then to suddenly find that the same interest and excitement that you see others garner. That this daily driver model just never feels like you want to feel about them. If it was an Impala you could give a hoot what others thought as there is no buzz over other models of Impala's,...Maybe I am wrong here but I base this on what I have heard from some of the other guys and how they were feeling.

When trying to bash someone you need to get your facts strait, a G5 gt is not a ford, its a pontiac, you know another gm product, so the point the guy was trying to make wasn't about going back to ford so much as going to ford.
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #45
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad@gm View Post
When trying to bash someone you need to get your facts strait, a G5 gt is not a ford, its a pontiac, you know another gm product, so the point the guy was trying to make wasn't about going back to ford so much as going to ford.
Ahhhhh ic. I just saw the GT part and thought of the Mustang...The G5 part never hit me.
So basically he has based his entire GM experience on a rebadged Cobalt. That makes perfect sense. I could see how his entire idea of GM quality and craftsmanship could be scewed based on that platform. Good thing he did not have an Aveo or he would probably not even buy an american car.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:15 AM   #46
mad@gm

Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Ahhhhh ic. I just saw the GT part and thought of the Mustang...The G5 part never hit me.
So basically he has based his entire GM experience on a rebadged Cobalt. That makes perfect sense. I could see how his entire idea of GM quality and craftsmanship could be scewed based on that platform. Good thing he did not have an Aveo or he would probably not even buy an american car.

The Aveo is not really American, it's actually left over Daewoo junk that gm threw together when they bought them out, nice buy huh.
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #47
harley05

Drives: 2010 camaro
ok wow i thought i was the only 1 having so many issues with my car. Mine is the trans,engine miss firing , a cracking noise in the front when i take off, my lights going off and on in the inside, window leaking air, mouldings on the door panel keep popping off. The only difference with mine is none of these problems are getting fixed they tell me they cant find anything wrong. I too love my car but if i have to deal with taking it back much more i will be driving it through the show room floor.
harley05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #48
David79z28

Drives: 79Z28 and 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley05 View Post
The only difference with mine is none of these problems are getting fixed they tell me they cant find anything wrong. I too love my car but if i have to deal with taking it back much more i will be driving it through the show room floor.
I used to get the same response. I finally went to another GM dealer in town and they took care of me!!!!

Find another dealer!!!
David79z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:37 PM   #49
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I've had a 2010 LS (manual) for 13 monhs now & have only had 1 issue...I have a problem with weak FM signal, which seems to be a common problem...not a big deal since I have the XM though...& is the fan tick an actual fan tick or the injectors? I know the injectors on these cars are hella loud with the high compression rates
Old 04-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #50
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Back to the OP, how many issues/problems haven't been taken care of under warranty? Maybe you don't have a lemon.....you can't lemon law a car for multiple different problems that have been resolved. I know it's a pain and everything will eventually settle down, but you still are driving a cool car.

I've owned multiple GM and Ford products and they have been in for warranty work far more times than the multiple Honda's I've owned. Actually, the '99 GT Mustang was in more than any other car I've owned for the same problem, but I still enjoyed driving it. I'll try to keep my Accord as a daily driver if I buy a Camaro, because it has been such a good car, but it is still a boring Honda. I checked out some SS's late this Sunday evening after the dealer closed.

What would you get if you got another car?

Last edited by DangerZL1; 04-12-2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Maybe you don't have a lemon
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #51
smokingcamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerouSS View Post
Back to the OP, how many issues/problems haven't been taken care of under warranty? Maybe you don't have a lemon.....you can't lemon law a car for multiple different problems that have been resolved. I know it's a pain and everything will eventually settle down, but you still are driving a cool car.

I've owned multiple GM and Ford products and they have been in for warranty work far more times than the multiple Honda's I've owned. Actually, the '99 GT Mustang was in more than any other car I've owned for the same problem, but I still enjoyed driving it. I'll try to keep my Accord as a daily driver if I buy a Camaro, because it has been such a good car, but it is still a boring Honda. I checked out some SS's late this Sunday evening after the dealer closed.

What would you get if you got another car?
I love my camaro and probably will never get rid of it except to get one with a 6 speed instead of a auto. I have come to realize that I can deal with the problems that I am having and just take it in when I have a problem. What I do not get is the small things like the steering wheel turning colors on me or the seat cover ripping threads. I want to keep this car for a long time just getting tired of taking it in every month for a new problem.
smokingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #52
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
I truely understand. I've been where you are before. I wouldn't have expected some of the problems you've had either. As long as the replacement parts, ie. steering wheel, new seat cover, radio, etc. haven't had a repeat of the same problems you should be fine.

From all the posts on this site and the competitor's sites, I'd stay away from a manual trans if I were you. I've seen far less posts of problems with the auto trans in any of the forums I've been a member of over the years than with the 5-6 speed manuals. The auto trans in GM cars and trucks are usually one of their strong points.

Good luck.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote