Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #57
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Jeff it's great you are one the forum. My ss m6 is tough to shift when cold, I don't get grinding but it is tough. Not going to take it to the dealer as I can't go without a car. Only has 700 miles on it and did it from day 1.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #58
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Thank you for the compliment. I've said it before on this forum but I'll say it again: I will be updating the forum when a TSB or a document comes through that offers some sort of a fix for this issue. I am also setting up cases for everyone experiencing this issue as well. If you want me to setup a case for you then send me your name, address and phone number and I'll get you taken care of. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #59
SS>GT

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Thank you for the compliment. I've said it before on this forum but I'll say it again: I will be updating the forum when a TSB or a document comes through that offers some sort of a fix for this issue. I am also setting up cases for everyone experiencing this issue as well. If you want me to setup a case for you then send me your name, address and phone number and I'll get you taken care of. Thank you for your time.

Hi Jeff,

my 2ss manual does the same thing. its very difficult to engage gears when the transmission is cold, and second an third are difficult even when tranny warms up. when i showed this to the dealer, they claimed it is opperating normally. The reason for the tough shift when cold has to do with the the "Heavy duty sport clutch" the camaro came with.

any help appreciated. Ill send you a PM with my info.
SS>GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #60
nickconthejob
nickconthejob

Drives: 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD a
i agree......crap

My 2011 has the factory hurst and still fails going into second. Awful grind. I also have a clutch that slips and burns when under slight load. Hating it so far
nickconthejob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:36 AM   #61
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazysoccer11 View Post
True, I'm not trying to be sour although it sounds like it over the Internet. But you have to excuse me for being slightly upset when you spend 40k for a car and it has this problem, when it should be fine from the factory. I'll get it looked at soon and I'll keep y'all updated. And I really do appreciate the advice and I don't mean to come across as prude.
i agree with you! YOU are correct!..for all the reasons you stated in your post!
your point is well taken,and NOTED! why the f**k should you have to accept
this in a "new" car! to elaborate,why should you "change" the tranny fluid in your car? the car is engineered and designed to run on the factory fill!.do your self a favor,and tell the "general" to fix your car! don't listen to that other "crap!"..fuc*ing nonsense! just sayin!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:42 AM   #62
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad@gm View Post
I've received the same crap, if the other camaro is doing the same I would be inclined to say the other car is messed up to, the "operating as designed" cop out is getting old, there are updated 2nd gear parts out due to this problem, and some posts I've read state their 2nd gear was in backwards, man up GM and fix your junk! It's really too bad GM has to be treating its customers like this, didn't you just about go out of business? Well guess what, if you keep treating people like crap and the people quit buying your cars again you will be done, wise up and start treating people with problems fair by fixing your bad junk!
this NOT good!..you mean the ''general" is once again,producing sh**"?
holy crap!..batman!..here we go again?..tell me this isn't so!..please!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #63
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post

This offer is still out there. If you've been to the dealer I can setup a case for you. If you have not been to the dealer I would suggest you do so to get the issue documented and then come to me so I can do what I can to get the issue resolved. I hope this helps.

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #64
mad@gm

Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaryt View Post
this NOT good!..you mean the ''general" is once again,producing sh**"?
holy crap!..batman!..here we go again?..tell me this isn't so!..please!
sorry to say, but yeah it is so, if it wasn't I would still have mine.
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:06 PM   #65
Runin11z

Drives: 11 CGM 2RS-SS
2nd gear grinding

I dropped off my 2011 Ls3 Camaro a few days ago with the notorious second gear grinding issue. The service advisor called me today stating that they will be replacing the syncros, blocker rings, and a few other hard parts. I will give everyone an update when I have a few spirited miles behind the wheel. Also I had no issue with my particular dealer whatsoever.

Last edited by Runin11z; 07-15-2011 at 11:09 PM. Reason: grammer lol
Runin11z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:33 PM   #66
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
^^^ good to know. What dealer for the rest of us Cali peeps?
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:46 AM   #67
Runin11z

Drives: 11 CGM 2RS-SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
^^^ good to know. What dealer for the rest of us Cali peeps?
Unfortunately my dealer is in norcal, Kuni Chevrolet in Sacramento was real easy to deal with during this situation.

For you socal guys check out foothills ranch chevrolet. I have had good luck with them also.
Runin11z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:28 PM   #68
Lfsabch

Drives: 2018 Camaro1ls
would this be the same clutch issues as the 2010? and is it the majority of camaros experiencing this issue or is it hit and miss. its really the top reason ive waited 2 years to purchase one.
Lfsabch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #69
VaderSS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runin11z View Post
I dropped off my 2011 Ls3 Camaro a few days ago with the notorious second gear grinding issue. The service advisor called me today stating that they will be replacing the syncros, blocker rings, and a few other hard parts. I will give everyone an update when I have a few spirited miles behind the wheel. Also I had no issue with my particular dealer whatsoever.
Is your problem solved. You are lucky to have a dealer who was willing to acknowledge the problem and worked to correct it. I specifically asked my dealer to look at the syncro; they didnt.
VaderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #70
VaderSS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfsabch View Post
would this be the same clutch issues as the 2010? and is it the majority of camaros experiencing this issue or is it hit and miss. its really the top reason ive waited 2 years to purchase one.
Keep waiting...and consider yourself both wise and lucky to have dodged this bullet.
VaderSS is offline   Reply With Quote