Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros > 3rd Gen Marketplace

Old 07-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
IROCZJEFF

Drives: 69Z 70Z 85IROC-Z 911LE 97 SS
1991 Z/28 Conv. 5-Speed, Leather etc...

You are looking at a very rare 1991 Z/28 convertible. This Z/28 convertible is one of only 3,203 built in 1991. Rare options include factory leather interior, 305 TPI motor, 5-speed transmission, power driver’s seat, 16 inch wheels, power trunk release & pull down, power windows & locks, factory CD player “goes with sale of car.”

It took me ten years to find this car. When I bought the car it was in great shape but I wanted it to be in show car condition. "I have pictures of the car going through the restoration process." What started with a RUST FREE car turned into a four year restoration. I had the car completely taken apart and stripped to bare metal, primed and painted by a very well known local muscle car restoration shop. In the restoration I replaced the following parts with NOS GM replacement parts:

Front Nose

Front Ground Effect

Front Bow Tie Grill

Front Marker Lights

Front inner wheel houses

TUNED PORT INJECTION badge

The car was painted in it’s original GM black paint using base coat clear. I have over $6,000 just in the paint job on this car not counting all the NOS & performance parts or the price I paid for the car!

Since I went all out on the body I decided to upgrade the suspension, transmission and engine as well… I exchanged the factory shifter with a Hurst Competition Plus for much improved shifts. “The old shifter was like a wooden spoon in a salad bowl” The exhaust system was completely stock when I bought the car so I decided to replace it with the best after market system I could find. After many months I put together an all SLP exhaust from the headers to the rear two exhaust pipes on one side. “The system sounds just like a 1997 SS Camaro.” This exhaust was like finding a needle in a haystack! The exhaust also has a high flow cat that was installed so the cars emissions would not be effected. The shocks and struts were all replaced with KYB adjustable. The car was lowered with Hotchkis lowing springs specially designed for this car. The engine of the car was in perfect working order so I replaced all fluids and changed the following items to ensure no problems in the future.

New radiator

New fuel injectors “All of them”

New valve cover gaskets

New GM Computer

New hoses “Upper & Lower

New Spark Plugs

New Spark Plug Wires

New Battery

The car comes with it’s original 1991 Z/28 wheels. The black GTA wheels in which are on the car in all the pictures are available for $1,500 in addition to the final sale price if new owner wants? Option two is I have a used set of dark grey GTA wheels I will sell the new owner for $500.00. If you have any question regarding the wheels please contact me.

The reason I am selling this car is because I have a growing family and I am scared to get a rock chip on this awsome paint! I have well over $16,000 in this car and know I am not going to get that out of it! $9,000 is what I have the car offered for. I am looking for someone who will take care of this car and treat it the way I have. I encourage anyone who is seriously interested to contact me to have all there questions answered. Who ever buys this car is going to clean up at any car show! I have never driven this car to any car show so it will be new to anyone who sees it!

If the new owner is from out of state I will help with getting the car loaded on a carrier. If you would like to fly in a drive home I am ten minutes away from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport .

PAYMENT: I will accept cash, or bank check or bank wire only. The car must be paid in full before it goes anywhere.

SEE NEXT POST, I GOT PICTURES TO DOWNLOAD!!!

Last edited by IROCZJEFF; 08-03-2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Pictures did not upload!
IROCZJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
IROCZJEFF

Pictures of 1991 Z/28 conv. 5-Speed.

Here are the pictures. I got them to down load.
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
IROCZJEFF

New Price! $9,000!!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:45 AM   #4
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
PM sent.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote