Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-19-2009, 06:46 AM   #57
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
This is gonna hurt some feelings though.

Chevrolet Team:

Just a quick update on the Camaro launch as preparations are underway this week for the first Dealer Order Submission Process (DOSP) for the all new Camaro.

As outlined in this month's consensus notes, the following items will be on constraint:

* V6 Engine (LS and LT models) due to one per dealer activity
* Cyber Gray Metallic and Summit White Exterior Colors (pending paint availability)
* The LPO High Wing Spoiler (pending validation)

An additional constraint will also will be introduced for the Hurst Short Throw Shifter LPO (code VYV). This shifter will NOT be available as a LPO accessory (appearing on the window and invoice as a dealer-installed accessory), but will be available in the future as both a factory installed RPO, and a regular dealer installed accessory. Further information on the timing of Hurst Short Throw Shifter RPO will be provided in the coming weeks.

Since this shifter will be available as a regular dealer installed accessory, orders with the LPO (code VYV) currently "in-system" will be removed. Dealers should also be encouraged to remove this LPO (code VYV) from their orders.

Customers desiring the Hurst Shifter can instruct their dealers to either wait until the new RPO is introduced, or have the shifter installed at the dealer as a Chevy accessory after the parts are released for sale.

Again, more information on the shifter including availability of the new RPO will be provided in the next few weeks.

Finally, we are planning a web-cast broadcast on the Camaro launch the first week of March for wholesale team members only (dealers will have an IDL broadcast at later date). This web-cast will bring you up to date on current plans and activities including the Camaro unveiling for early May. Details on this webex will be provided next week.

I think a lot of these cry babies don't read the whole thing. Sounds like they just skim over the words and just pick out the bad stuff. It only says that the Hurst shifter won't be offered as an LPO It is being replaced as an RPO. It also says in the coming weeks we will get more info on the Hurst RPO. It doesn't even say there is going to be a delay on the Hurst shifter. You people must work at Tabloid newspapers writing the headlines. Read the whole thing before you start posting.
You will still be able to get the Hurst shifter.....it will still show up on the window sticker if you order it.....and it will still be available to order from the parts dept. Some of you same people were whining about the stripes being dealer installed and wanting them installed at the factory. Now the shifter is also going to be installed at the factory and now your whining about that.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:40 AM   #58
Haloman1346
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I dont believe people are compaining for no reason. Its our hard earned money and patience thats going into this car.
Some people dont even know what half of us are doing for this car. I canceled my premium cable and dropped it to basic, I lowered my car insurance as much as I can, I went to premium gas to reg unleaded for my car. Hell, I even changed my cell phone plan to save some dollars. On top of that, I work close to 70 hours a week and save everything I can for this car.
I have busted my ass for this car. To some this is just a car, but to me, this is my hard earned money, patience and time. I've had Camaro in my blood since birth. I'm 24 years old and I have already owned 2 Camaros myself. Look in my closet in my room. Its filled with Camaro memorabilia, from books, magazines, keychains, brochures to diecast cars.
I drove 100 miles on Thanksgiving day, not to spend time with my family, but to go to the Orlando auto show and see a Camaro. I stayed there for 3 hours, and 2 of those were probably looking at the car.
I should not be privileged in buying a GM product. GM should be privileged to have us as a customer. While they are borrowing our money from the government, should we be happy or should they? To have people like us and on other forums.
As I have said this time and time again, this forum is looking like a news website, everytime you log in, there is bad news everywhere....

Heres an idea, since August, name 3 things you have read on this site thats considered "good news" and name 7 things that have made you depressed about the Camaro. Kind of sad isnt it?
Haloman1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:02 AM   #59
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloman1346 View Post
I dont believe people are compaining for no reason. Its our hard earned money and patience thats going into this car.
Some people dont even know what half of us are doing for this car. I canceled my premium cable and dropped it to basic, I lowered my car insurance as much as I can, I went to premium gas to reg unleaded for my car. Hell, I even changed my cell phone plan to save some dollars. On top of that, I work close to 70 hours a week and save everything I can for this car.
I have busted my ass for this car. To some this is just a car, but to me, this is my hard earned money, patience and time. I've had Camaro in my blood since birth. I'm 24 years old and I have already owned 2 Camaros myself. Look in my closet in my room. Its filled with Camaro memorabilia, from books, magazines, keychains, brochures to diecast cars.
I drove 100 miles on Thanksgiving day, not to spend time with my family, but to go to the Orlando auto show and see a Camaro. I stayed there for 3 hours, and 2 of those were probably looking at the car.
I should not be privileged in buying a GM product. GM should be privileged to have us as a customer. While they are borrowing our money from the government, should we be happy or should they? To have people like us and on other forums.
As I have said this time and time again, this forum is looking like a news website, everytime you log in, there is bad news everywhere....

Heres an idea, since August, name 3 things you have read on this site thats considered "good news" and name 7 things that have made you depressed about the Camaro. Kind of sad isnt it?
no...its not sad.
Good things
  • Oct. 13th pre-ordering begins
  • Blue added for SS
  • Pre-ordered cars get special code
  • 20" wheels available with RS package
  • HP upped to 426 on manual cars
  • pre-orders price protected
  • Stripes now being installed at factory
bad things
  • stripes don't go past the front of the hood
  • Regular production delayed for 30 days

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:17 AM   #60
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:

What does all that have to do with complaining about minor things like a hurst shifter that may be delayed on a car that isn't even being produced yet. Yes GM is privileged to have you as a customer, but come on. No production start ever is perfect, and you got to get in on something that few people even know about. In fact I bet without this site you would not have had the knowledge to even make a pre-order. There is more information here about the camaro than anywhere else and still people look for anything to complain about. I work hard to buy this camaro also, but I also realize that I am pretty privileged to have such a head start on one of the most amazing cars that is being introduced to the public in a long time. I appreciate this site, but I guess everyone does not, but what I don't understand is if it is that much stress coming here to learn, and discuss the camaro, why would you put yourself through that!
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:27 AM   #61
HOTRIDES1

Drives: 2006 CTS
RPO=Production line install,,,,LPO=Dealer Install,,,From what I hear in this Forum GM wants to do install on the production line...Now, with that being said, are they going to do the same LPO to RPO on Stripe packages ??? Interesting...
HOTRIDES1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:33 AM   #62
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Well, that HAS been mentioned in my EXCLUSIVE idl coverage
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:38 AM   #63
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:

Don't take this the wrong way but at first glance it sure looks like you really can't afford the car. About the only thing you didn't list as cutting out/down is morning coffee at McDonalds... I admire your passion regarding the car but I'd hate to see someone your age "car poor" like some my age are "house poor". If I'm reading too much into what you wrote, I apologize in advance.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:10 AM   #64
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:

As a car nut.

Good things:
Oct. 13th pre-ordering:
Pre-ordered cars get special code:
pre-orders price protected: Because GM is not making the Pre-ordered car first

Bad things:
No HUD:
No NAV:
No CGM:
No WHITE:But impala has different white
first 30 day delay
No Hurst Shifter at start: information will be provided in the next few weeks

So what we are all saying is after a 30 day delay gm did not fix it.
As for "GM is not privileged to have you buy this car" that is what got GM in the mess that tr in, In 1969 GM was #1 car manufacture of cars this last year #2 if this continues #3 or #4 or by by GM. Don't think WE THE PEOPLE don't Vote, we do it by not buying from companies that don't do what was promised, we are doing it right now its called A recension, We all are excited enthusiast abut this car but GM needs to do a better Job.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:15 AM   #65
CamaroSSforme
Got my two

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - RJT/Black
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSSforme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
no...its not sad.
Good things
  • Blue added for SS
bad things
Ooh ooh let me add some other good stuff..

** Unheard of openness as the car is designed
** disciples (regular joe) having direct input on development
** Head man from a major manufacturer willing to talk to soon to be owners on a little ol' webite

Those of you talking about delays of certain items on a developing car have obviously never been involved in this process before. It happens to every car...period.

You complain about the info you hear not understanding that normally you'd never have heard any of this info ahead of time. You then try and compare the Camaro to other cars that have come out which makes you look more ignorant to those that really do understand what has happened here. Unreal.

Normal time between concept to show room floor is 4-5 years. You've seen it happen in under 4 years..yet I read over and over here and on Autoblog about how long you've had to wait. GM obviously can't win because just about everyone on forums like this point out only the negative time and time again.

Were I head of GM, I'd learn from this all and NEVER and I mean NEVER release any info to enthusiasts before the car is actually hitting the streets (like Ford, Toyota, Honda, etc etc etc). No good dead goes unpunished.

I know GM would never say it or do it so I'll do it for them.

For those of you ungrateful ignorant folks that want to complain that not every bit of pre-release information didn't come to fruition exactly at launch while not giving GM huge props for trying...no bending over backwards for you to even get you said information.....

I have a certain finger for you
CamaroSSforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:32 AM   #66
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSforme View Post

** Head man from a major manufacturer willing to talk to soon to be owners on a little ol' webite

Those of you talking about delays of certain items on a developing car have obviously never been involved in this process before. It happens to every car...period.

You complain about the info you hear not understanding that normally you'd never have heard any of this info ahead of time. You then try and compare the Camaro to other cars that have come out which makes you look more ignorant to those that really do understand what has happened here. Unreal.

Normal time between concept to show room floor is 4-5 years. You've seen it happen in under 4 years..yet I read over and over here and on Autoblog about how long you've had to wait. GM obviously can't win because just about everyone on forums like this point out only the negative time and time again.

Were I head of GM, I'd learn from this all and NEVER and I mean NEVER release any info to enthusiasts before the car is actually hitting the streets (like Ford, Toyota, Honda, etc etc etc). No good dead goes unpunished.

For those of you ungrateful ignorant folks that want to complain that not every bit of pre-release information didn't come to fruition exactly at launch while not giving GM huge props for trying...no bending over backwards for you to even get you said information.....

:middlefinger:
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #67
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSforme View Post

I agree, we take so much of this for granted. If this were a normal release, all we'd know is that they were making a new Camaro, and it kind of looks like the concept. We wouldn't know pricing, LPO or RPO codes, pushbacks, constraints, or any of that. We have the privilege of getting this information early. I think this was an experiment for GM, and it has gone, for the most part, horribly wrong. I for one feel honored that we even have people like Robin, Scott, and John on this site. perhaps next release we'll get pictures of the new vehicle a couple weeks before manufacturing starts. Is that what you'd prefer?
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:27 AM   #68
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Well, that HAS been mentioned in my EXCLUSIVE idl coverage
Are you referring to the stripes being changed to an RPO? If so, that would be great!! I got the black stripes, and for now, they're still an LPO/DIO. I'd love it if they were done at the factory. With the Hurst being made an RPO, if that happens, then all my options will be made at the factory, with factory quality, and when my car comes in, all the dealer will do is clean it up and it'll be ready for me!! I'm not concerned with how long they take on the factory's end with my car, but when it comes to my dealer, I want it ready for pick-up. That would be painful with all this waiting to have to wait longer while it's at the dealer...

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #69
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
^^^We did hear it first from Scotty, Optimus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
no...its not sad.
Good things
  • Blue added for SS
bad things
Good list Tx. When you look at what has happened, not what may happen, it's still a bright picture isn't it? One of the two bad things only affects some people, and the other doesn't affect the car itself whatsoever. And NAV and HUD were never promised, never have counted and never will.

I think the people being called by some, GM PR guys, are simply those of us that have learned to not worry or get upset about what might happen. I'm sure GM knows we want our Husrt shifters, they have been planned for the car from the beginning and I doubt they're in short supply.

Now, when they introduce the car without ABL because they refused to revert back to a proven, older light pipe technology, which might not be state of the art, but would certainly be adequate, then you'll be hearing from me....BIG TIME. In the mean time, I'm hoping they get it worked out.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:36 AM   #70
UA488Fitter

Drives: 1981 Z28 1995 Z28 2010 2SS/RS
LPO to RPO (It could be a good thing)

"An additional constraint will also will be introduced for the Hurst Short Throw Shifter LPO (code VYV).
This shifter will NOT be available as a LPO accessory (appearing on the window and invoice as a dealer-installed accessory),
but will be available in the future as both a factory installed RPO, and a regular dealer installed accessory.
Further information on the timing of Hurst Short Throw Shifter RPO will be provided in the coming weeks"

So what does this really mean?
Does it mean that this option will now be less of an expense to me?
As an LPO I would have to purchase the car with the cost of the "standard equipment" shifter included in the MSRP.
Then if I want the Hurst Short Throw Shifter I would have to pay the extra expense of the LPO;
then the dealer would install the shifter when the car delivered to him.
Isn't the original "standard equipment" shifter mine to keep, to do what ever I want to with it.
Say put it in a closet, sell it on ebay or what ever; or maybe with a understanding dealer,
refund me the value of the "standard equipment" shifter minus re-shocking fees.
After all by this point I have paid for both shifters, haven't I?

As an RPO the "standard equipment" shifter is never installed in the car in the first place, GM can use it on that next car.
So this option should now be at less cost to me and I get the shifter I want without having my car torn apart to install it.

So IMO, IF LPO to RPO means less cost; it's a good thing.
BUT, if GM plans this change with no cost savings to there customers.
Then it's a bad thing, I'm out the value of the "standard equipment" shifter, and, the dealer is out the revenue of installing it.

Any how just some thoughts.
Is there something that I'm missing here?
UA488Fitter is offline   Reply With Quote