Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 07-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #43
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
I run strano springs and koni shocks.... did your car come with the suspension package? If so it sits lower to begin with and has pro rate springs.. the stranos will make it sit lower

You can do better than that on the cam as well.. look for something in the 224/228 range 112 lsa
It will give good manners and decent power
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:27 PM   #44
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1-Z28 View Post
Found a cam. Its a TSP 220/220/.584/114LSA

Enjoy

Such a copycat

The tsp 220 is the one I'm getting too

2001 SS Lid, LT's, 3" Y to 4" Borla XR-1 dumped, LCA, LCA Brackets, Dbl. Adj. Panhard, Subframe Connectors, Shock Tower Brace, Eibach Prokit, Eddlebrock Shocks, C6 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #45
CC Performance
Account Suspended

little bigger, will make more power
Old 07-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #46
LS1-Z28

Drives: 2001 NBM Camaro SS #612
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Performance View Post
I run strano springs and koni shocks.... did your car come with the suspension package? If so it sits lower to begin with and has pro rate springs.. the stranos will make it sit lower

You can do better than that on the cam as well.. look for something in the 224/228 range 112 lsa
It will give good manners and decent power
I have heard good things about bot companies. And if mine has that package you are talking about, it isn't low enough haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Such a copycat

The tsp 220 is the one I'm getting too
No way for real?! haha I had no idea I was just looking up cams all day and I saw that one and loved the lope to it lol Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Performance View Post

little bigger, will make more power
That's a nice cam. It just doesn't have the real pronounced lope that I want. Don't get me wrong it sounds sick It just doesn't have the lope I like, that one is more of a choppy together lope... It's hard to explain haha And I'm not looking for the most power right now lol.

But I will keep it in mind when I go to make my decision
LS1-Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #47
CC Performance
Account Suspended

its in the tune, the 220/220 114 lsa will not lope as much as the split cam on the 112 lsa... idle rpm makes a huge difference as well ..... 220/220 114 lsa is closer to stock than the 228/232 111 lsa... you want huge lope then we can custom grind you a cam... but turn the idle down or up and you get a whole different lope sound

the idle is to high on the vid I posted.. trust me if that was idling at 800 rpm is would sound a lot different
Old 07-15-2011, 06:41 PM   #48
LS1-Z28

Update

Ok so we got the title stuff finally done yesterday.... But we can't get the tag till Tuesday.... This has been a real PITA but glad it's over with and I can officially say she is mine! The license tag people are out of the office(idk why) till Tuesday.. But good news is I can start my modding back! After a month of having my car I can finally drive it more than a mile from my house. Here you can drive a car without a tag for 21 days, as long as you have the Bill of Sale with you...

My Dad told me tomorrow we are going to put the stripe on that has been sitting in the house since I got the car haha. Then next week I am finally going to paint my calipers! Think I am going to go with red so it pops out with the Chrome wheels...

Oh yeah I will add some pictures in a minute of something I did today... The car had clear side markers on the rear, so I got some stock GM ones off Ebay for like 30 bucks. They look a ton better. It also has clear front turn signals on it, so I am ordering stock GM ones probably Monday.

Our Camaro Club has a meet in Tallahassee next Saturday, so I'm hoping to have all this done by next Friday. We are taking it to our mechanic tomorrow morning so he can take a look at the front tires, and tell if we need new ones right now. We are going to set up an appointment Thursday so he can align the front end and if it needs new front tires have them put on..

So a pretty busy week lol.

Stay tuned

Last edited by LS1-Z28; 07-15-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #49
LS1-Z28

I will post pictures tomorrow of the side markers and the stripe if we get it done...

I think I'm going to try to tackle a little project this week...

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/stereo...t-adapter.html

This a writeup on how to play your iPod through the CD player... It looks pretty easy and way cheaper than buying one of those FM transmitter things or an adapter.

You have to drill a spot somewhere around the console so you can put the jack to plug your iPod into. Funny thing is my car has a small hole(looks like the jack can fit it) right beside the shifter... Don't know why, probably was the line lock switch the car had(we found the module under the hood).

So I'm going to add this to my list this week to see if I can get it done. My Dad knows how to solder so I'm going to see if we can do it.

Will let you know tomorrow with pictures.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #50
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #51
LS1-Z28

Another Update

Well we need new tires for the front... No big deal.. Getting those put on sometime next week along with getting the front end aligned. My Dad is suppose to take my car to work with him to one of his offices out of town and they have a car stereo place near it, so he is going to see how much they would charge to replace my right front speaker(it's blown)..

Couldn't put the stripe on today :( It was soo humid outside and my dad said we should just wait till tomorrow, and it's been raining cats and dogs all day!!

So things are coming along good so far.. Might paint my calipers tomorrow or Monday, depending on what we do. The iPod thing I posted, I may try to get done this week if I can find the right stuff to do it with.

So still looking like a real busy week, and still looking like I will be done with everything by Friday

I will post pictures tomorrow of the stripe, and tricks to help get it on? We put stripes on my Dad's car ourselves so we feel we can get it done.. And this is just temporary to see how we like before having it painted on... And when I have it painted, I'm trying to decide if I want to have LS1, SS, or Blue Devil(that's what I secretly call my car sometimes.. My mom named it Charlotte. ) stenciled out of the stripe so the blue is poking through with the letters...

Old 07-16-2011, 08:33 PM   #52
LS1-Z28

Ok so I have been doing a lot of speculating as to when I'm going to do a lot of this stuff

But I think I am confident enough to say that by the end of this summer I plan to have these things moved from Wish List to What I have on the Car...

Halo Headlights
White SS Badges(maybe) I have been throwing these up in the air for a while..
BMR Springs(at least the rears by the end of this summer... b/c my front is already pretty low, we shall see what the money looks like)
New Spoiler LED brake light
Headers(a BIG!! maybe lol)

Hopefully I will have enough from cutting grass(this is all I can find right now haha) to get all this done before the summer if not most of it.. Then my modding will stop so my funds can recuperate.. Hopefullly I can keep the cutting grass thing going for a while haha.. My Dad pays me to cut, and weed eat all of our lawn(front,back yard, and a big ass lot next to our house) and I have some neighbors I am going to start cutting for.

Now back to our regularly scheduled ing of things we want to do to our cars!
Old 07-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #53
LS1-Z28

Little update. I will be ordering my Rear Lowering Springs probably next week. I think I am going to go with BMR unless I can find somewhere that sells Konis springs for a good price.

Anybody got a link to some?? I don't remember seeing them on WS6 Store??
Old 07-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #54
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1-Z28 View Post
Little update. I will be ordering my Rear Lowering Springs probably next week. I think I am going to go with BMR unless I can find somewhere that sells Konis springs for a good price.

Anybody got a link to some?? I don't remember seeing them on WS6 Store??
Do you mean Strano's?

I wasn't aware of Koni making springs for LS1's... If so, http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=113&ModelID=7

$249 for all 4. That's the same as WS6store sells BMR's

2001 SS Lid, LT's, 3" Y to 4" Borla XR-1 dumped, LCA, LCA Brackets, Dbl. Adj. Panhard, Subframe Connectors, Shock Tower Brace, Eibach Prokit, Eddlebrock Shocks, C6 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #55
LS1-Z28

Shhh yeah I many Strano's lol. I think I am going to just stick with going with just the rears for now
Old 07-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #56
LS1-Z28

My Dad put my stripe on for me today!! It looks really good. He said they are some wrinkles in it because the humidity wouldn't let the stripe slide around that well, but I don't mind it because this was put on so we could see how I liked it before we have it painted on. I'm ready to see it when I get home Friday! Sorry these are his cell phone pics. I will tell him to go out tomorrow and use my camera to take some better ones!
Attached Images