Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-10-2009, 07:50 PM   #43
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Do you have your M6 test mule yet? if not PM me PLEASE!
Old 09-10-2009, 09:48 PM   #44
RBD

Drives: 2013 SS/RS Convertible
I can't wait for my V-7 YSI to get here..............
RBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #45
colorado pony

Drives: 1972 nova ss
vortech supercharger

recieved an e-mail from brian @ vortech saying that they are looking into a kit for the v-6 vehicles sometimes next year.... just like the v-6 mustang we had to wait a little longer for the v-6 mustangkit, but i can tell you that the wait is worth it ... i love my 06 mustang with the vortech supercharger and will be first in line to get one on my camaro when they come out.
colorado pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #46
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado pony View Post
recieved an e-mail from brian @ vortech saying that they are looking into a kit for the v-6 vehicles sometimes next year.... just like the v-6 mustang we had to wait a little longer for the v-6 mustangkit, but i can tell you that the wait is worth it ... i love my 06 mustang with the vortech supercharger and will be first in line to get one on my camaro when they come out.
Of course the big hurdle right now is the V6 uses a completely different ECU that the SS. In the Mustang world the V6 and the V8 both use the same Spanish Oak ECU which makes things a lot easier... Not only does the V6 Camaro use a different ECU (Bosch E69) apparently Bosch did the calibration for the LLT (with input from GM) which is also different than the norm where GM does the calibration... and then there is the whole thing of tuning the LLT which may proving interesting too!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #47
PoleCat2SSRS2010
R6P Marketing Lab Rat

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian@Vortech View Post
I would say the main determining factors would be having all the right tools, knowing how to correctly use them, and being comfortable working on your own car. The system should install in 12-16 hours with basic mechanic skills.
Does the front bumper have to come off? Is there any sawing or cutting involved to run the intercooler tubes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Of course the big hurdle right now is the V6 uses a completely different ECU that the SS. In the Mustang world the V6 and the V8 both use the same Spanish Oak ECU which makes things a lot easier... Not only does the V6 Camaro use a different ECU (Bosch E69) apparently Bosch did the calibration for the LLT (with input from GM) which is also different than the norm where GM does the calibration... and then there is the whole thing of tuning the LLT which may proving interesting too!
Hang in there you V6r's. You have been waiting some time now the mods seem to be coming.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:27 PM   #48
Sean@Phastek

Drives: 2010 Camaro X5 Turbo
Quote:
The VORTECH of course!
The dyno sheet for the L99 Auto car is in the vid you posted a link to (semi-readable), with the numbers posted more prominently. We did tune a little more on that same car and subsequently were able to get some additional hp out of her safely, but 600+ crank hp is not unreasonable for a manual trans car. We'll have dyno numbers on a manual car soon for you guys...
The dyno graph on the first post looks awesome! Keeps pulling and pulling and pulling - Vortech units have always been my favorite, for years now.

I have a few customers asking about availability and when they can order theirs from us. Send me a PM with some more info if you don't mind. Thanks Brian!
Sean@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:35 PM   #49
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
tight. now i know the numbers. can't wait to see it on my car at sema and drive it home. thank you vortech
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:54 PM   #50
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoleCat2SSRS2010 View Post
Does the front bumper have to come off? Is there any sawing or cutting involved to run the intercooler tubes?

Hang in there you V6r's. You have been waiting some time now the mods seem to be coming.
I'd assume the bumper would have to come off by the way it looks.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #51
Brian@Vortech

Drives: Vortech 'Charged 06 Mustang GT
So...remember that cog drive upgrade I mentioned before?

Oh yeah...we've got you covered.
Brian@Vortech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:29 PM   #52
Steve@AandACorvette

Drives: Cars
Looks great guys. How much more is that cog setup going to be? And which blower is that on there? When you coming back over to use the DynoJet?

Steve@AandACorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:55 PM   #53
131 SS
Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2012 Silverado LTZ
"And as far as GM's cylinder deactivation system is concerned, we didn't detect any problems."

Is the AFM not tuned out with the install?

How much is the "optional" warranty?

Any sounds clips? I am looking at getting this Vortech/Corsa combo.

Thanks, Mike
131 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #54
Brian@Vortech

Drives: Vortech 'Charged 06 Mustang GT
The cylinder deactivation is tuned out with the tuning that is included with the supercharging system, yes. I can only assume that the mention of detecting no issues with it was referring to it being tuned out and the car still running perfectly under conditions that would normally engage the deactivation.

There are a few warranties available. The system includes a 1-Year, unlimited mile warranty on the Supercharger right out of the box. The first optional warranty is an additional $50 when you you send in your warranty registration paperwork - this raises it to a 3-Year, unlimited mile warranty on the Supercharger. There is also an optional 3 Year/36,000 Mile Powertrain warranty available if you purchase the system from, and have it installed by, any Vortech Authorized Top-Tier Installer. See the Dealer section of our website for a list of Top-Tier Installation Facilities in your area.

Sound clips HERE...click play on the video at the top of the page after the jump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10CGMCAMAROSS View Post
"And as far as GM's cylinder deactivation system is concerned, we didn't detect any problems."

Is the AFM not tuned out with the install?

How much is the "optional" warranty?

Any sounds clips? I am looking at getting this Vortech/Corsa combo.

Thanks, Mike
Brian@Vortech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #55
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Why the extra wide cog drive on the crank? If there is no room for the wider drive on the blower etc... why have the extra width on the crank?
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #56
PoleCat2SSRS2010
R6P Marketing Lab Rat

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
So...remember that cog drive upgrade I mentioned before?

Oh yeah...we've got you covered.
Correct me if I am wrong....and I know somebody will. Looking at the photos, isn't the belt supposed to go UNDER the idler/tension pulley? Just seems like the smooth sides should be the contact surfaces while the cog sides are in contact with the cog surface.