Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2018 Camaro Fest (VIII)

Old 06-13-2018, 08:53 AM   #127
Bertha II

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HartfordRacingCaptain View Post
For those that use Road Warrior Plus, do you also feel it's necessary to put blue tape over it? Would prefer not to for prettier on-track pictures
Road Warrior is a great product that can be rolled on with two or three coats. I’ve found the following tips to be helpful when using that stuff for Track Day events:

1) Wax the area to be covered prior to application - makes it much easier to remove

2) Do not roll over body seams, that stuff dries into those cracks and is hard to get out - roll up to a 1/16” - 1/8” of the body seam

3) Do not apply over decal stripes

4) Remove as soon as possible after you’re done with it

We ran that stuff on a freshly painted nose at 150 mph Track Day and upon removal the nose didn’t have a blemish on it - however, it will not protect against getting hit with small rocks at very high speeds - don’t know much of anything else that would protect it in that situation, either.

Looking forward to NCM on July 12th!
TSP Stage 3 Cam, BBK SS/Ceramic Headers, Solo Cats, Borla Exhaust/Deletes, K&N CAI, Lethal Performance Tune, Carbotech Brakes, Phastek Braided Brake Lines, Brake Ducts, BMR/Eibach Springs, Hotchkis Sway Bars & End Links, BMR Chassis Connectors, Vorshlag Camber Plates, 1LE 3.91 Gear, Hurst Shifter, 2017 ZL1 Wheels, ZL1 Grille and Ground Effects, SLP Splitter, MPD1 Spoiler, Oracle Interior Lighting, Gen5DIY Headlight/Halo/DRL System
Bertha II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:49 AM   #128
HartfordRacingCaptain

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, 2023 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertha II View Post
Road Warrior is a great product that can be rolled on with two or three coats. I’ve found the following tips to be helpful when using that stuff for Track Day events:

1) Wax the area to be covered prior to application - makes it much easier to remove

2) Do not roll over body seams, that stuff dries into those cracks and is hard to get out - roll up to a 1/16” - 1/8” of the body seam

3) Do not apply over decal stripes

4) Remove as soon as possible after you’re done with it

We ran that stuff on a freshly painted nose at 150 mph Track Day and upon removal the nose didn’t have a blemish on it - however, it will not protect against getting hit with small rocks at very high speeds - don’t know much of anything else that would protect it in that situation, either.

Looking forward to NCM on July 12th!
I appreciate the information.

So you wouldn't suggest leaving it on for the weekend?

HartfordRacingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:34 PM   #129
Bertha II

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 SW
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartfordRacingCaptain View Post
I appreciate the information.

So you wouldn't suggest leaving it on for the weekend?
Sure, you can leave it on over the weekend - it’s just easier to remove the product the shorter amount of time it’s on the car. And it water-based, so it doesn’t like to get wet, and will start coming loose if you drive any in the rain.
TSP Stage 3 Cam, BBK SS/Ceramic Headers, Solo Cats, Borla Exhaust/Deletes, K&N CAI, Lethal Performance Tune, Carbotech Brakes, Phastek Braided Brake Lines, Brake Ducts, BMR/Eibach Springs, Hotchkis Sway Bars & End Links, BMR Chassis Connectors, Vorshlag Camber Plates, 1LE 3.91 Gear, Hurst Shifter, 2017 ZL1 Wheels, ZL1 Grille and Ground Effects, SLP Splitter, MPD1 Spoiler, Oracle Interior Lighting, Gen5DIY Headlight/Halo/DRL System
Bertha II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:29 PM   #130
paul3078

Drives: 2024 Nitro Yellow 1SS 1LE
I have a question about numbers, can we bring magnetic decals with a number of our choice? I saw some of the pictures of cars with tape for numbers from previous years, looked, well, tacky.
paul3078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:08 AM   #131
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul3078 View Post
I have a question about numbers, can we bring magnetic decals with a number of our choice? I saw some of the pictures of cars with tape for numbers from previous years, looked, well, tacky.
Hooked On Driving provided number decals for everyone registered last year for NCM and all you do is pick them up the morning of as you're checking in at the track after the drivers safety meeting. They will give you a decal for your run group that goes on the windshield and 2 number block decals for your driver and passenger side doors which can be installed and peeled off with ease.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:13 AM   #132
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Tape was because some folks had trouble getting numbers to stick. I think that was the year it rained....a lot. Not sure though.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:01 PM   #133
newz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Where do we pick up the NCM wrist band at?
newz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:13 PM   #134
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by newz View Post
Where do we pick up the NCM wrist band at?
at the track that morning, when you fill out the release forms. (that is what happened last year)
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:20 PM   #135
newz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Thanks hrpiii .
newz is offline   Reply With Quote