Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-12-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
TPMS Relearn

So I had my mechanic swap my sensors into my new wheels. Due to other situations I took the car away from the shop. As of now, only one wheel is showing a reading, the others are just showing (--). Is all I have to do is the relearn process?

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:21 PM   #2
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
If the sensors were swapped over, they should still be paired and giving you a reading, just maybe not in the right position.

You can try a relearn, but I feel like all of your tires should be –– or all should give a number. Just having 1 be a number is weird.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:39 PM   #3
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
If the sensors were swapped over, they should still be paired and giving you a reading, just maybe not in the right position.

You can try a relearn, but I feel like all of your tires should be –– or all should give a number. Just having 1 be a number is weird.
That's whats throwing me off. The fact that one is showing a reading. Could it be the fact that I didn't swap the sensors over for a few days? Like, I put the new wheels on and left my old ones with the sensors in them at my office and I drove around for a few days with the new wheels and no sensors.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Old 06-12-2018, 03:58 PM   #4
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
That's whats throwing me off. The fact that one is showing a reading. Could it be the fact that I didn't swap the sensors over for a few days? Like, I put the new wheels on and left my old ones with the sensors in them at my office and I drove around for a few days with the new wheels and no sensors.
Yes, that will throw the car off. I would do a relearn and start there. Do you have the TPMS tool yourself? If not, you should get one. They are pretty cheap, I bought mine off Amazon, just be careful of the knock-offs.

search for "tpms el-50448"

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:59 AM   #5
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Our fleet manager at work has the relearn tool that I could always use. Im gonna try to do the normal relearn and see if that gets them going again. Just gotta find the time lol

Old 06-13-2018, 07:11 AM   #6
chuckie669

Drives: 2011 ss
I've used the in car relearn process before with my large magnet tray that holds all my nuts and bolts.
chuckie669 is offline   Reply With Quote