Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-22-2010, 07:34 AM   #1
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
XM is full of retards

ok I have had sirius for over 5 years but after purchasing my camaro and equinox i had to close my sirius account and open an xm account which makes no sense to me because the companies merged..... anywho after my 90 day free trial expired i had previously set it up that they would charge my credit card monthly. well when the 90 days ran out my radio went out so i called and somehow they didnt get it right so i gave them the same info again and it was supposed to be fixed..... well it didnt come back on so i had to call again and go through everything again because the lady who took my information forgot to hit enter or some crap.... well now that it is up and running I keep getting calls to set up an account and today i got a letter in the mail wanting me to subscribe..... seriously much more of this and I am dropping this all together. i actually like the radio service but I cannot handle the hassle of the people working there.... I wish they would quit outsourcing jobs to freakin india because it is the reason I am having such problems.....
Old 10-22-2010, 07:57 AM   #2
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadspearo View Post
ok I have had sirius for over 5 years but after purchasing my camaro and equinox i had to close my sirius account and open an xm account which makes no sense to me because the companies merged..... anywho after my 90 day free trial expired i had previously set it up that they would charge my credit card monthly. well when the 90 days ran out my radio went out so i called and somehow they didnt get it right so i gave them the same info again and it was supposed to be fixed..... well it didnt come back on so i had to call again and go through everything again because the lady who took my information forgot to hit enter or some crap.... well now that it is up and running I keep getting calls to set up an account and today i got a letter in the mail wanting me to subscribe..... seriously much more of this and I am dropping this all together. i actually like the radio service but I cannot handle the hassle of the people working there.... I wish they would quit outsourcing jobs to freakin india because it is the reason I am having such problems.....

XM is the ABSOLUTE WORST company i have ever dealt with when it comes to customer service! Or should I say NON-SERVICE!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:01 AM   #3
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
You obviously never experienced Comcast customer service if you think XM is the worst.

2010 CGM 2SS LS3, born: 4/10
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:15 AM   #4
RoyalKev

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
At least comcast has people that can speak english, xm is full of indians and I cant understang the herp a derp english they speak (sorry not trying to be an ass to indians)
RoyalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:16 AM   #5
WolfpackRedCamaro

Drives: 2011 Victory Red 1LT RS
We switched our Sirius subscription from my wife's car to my car (for football season) and they keep calling us wanting to earn our "business back".

Seriously, 5 calls in the past month and each time I tell them we're still customers and that they need to update their records!
WolfpackRedCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:33 AM   #6
Jayson9

Drives: 2SS
Yep.... I agree. XM sux! So does Sirius! Got the same run-around with my Sirius to XM change out. Quote "Even though we have merged, we are still two different companies and we can't transfer your left over Sirius account to your new XM account." Thats BS! Just another way to make a buck off subscribers IMHO.

Unless they are giving it away for free when my 3 mo. expires on my new SS, I will be canceling my service with that company. FM Radio and PDA w/16mb of free music is the way to go....
Jayson9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:22 AM   #7
PatsRS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
If you are just into the Music the stations are all the same there is no difference and you can get just music for $9.99. The companies are merged but they have different halves of the satellite frequency spectrum so I think that is why they are seprate entities to some degree. Unless you want the best of Sirius package there are no major differences in the packages.
I called Sunday morning because they turned off my free trial because dealer turned on my account before I picked up the car. They had it working in about 5 minutes. They saw all my info all my radios (3) everything was fine.
I used to have 2 Sirius accounts I cancelled them both and I used to get the calls and emails. After I expalined I switched to XM they stopped calling.
How anyone can listen to terrestrial Radio is beyond me at this point.

GM ALL THE WAY!

Last edited by PatsRS; 10-22-2010 at 09:41 AM.
PatsRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:25 AM   #8
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
I talked to them one time and wasn't impressed. Done with them.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #9
blackknight
Camaro Lover

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3L
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLarry View Post
You obviously never experienced Comcast customer service if you think XM is the worst.
In Chicago. Comcast has some of the best customer service around. Its ATT that has the crap customer service.

And honestly, ive dealt with XM radio before, and ive never had a problem.

Maybe im just lucky
Old 10-22-2010, 09:56 AM   #10
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
personally i would pay an extra couple bucks a month if they hired people from america to handle their customer service.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #11
RS-2SS/RS

Drives: SW 2SS/RS
Unless they are giving it away for free when my 3 mo. expires on my new SS, I will be canceling my service with that company. FM Radio and PDA w/16mb of free music is the way to go.... [/QUOTE]
I'm with you on that....
RS-2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:19 AM   #12
cplhester

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Manual
Thank you come again.
cplhester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #13
Gangster
Camaro Crazy

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS IBM/Grey M6
I have been waiting for someone to start a topic about this. I went through the same thing, they act like they are giving you something for nothing. tell them to go to hell on the phone and then when you get the survey bash the hell out of them. within 2 weeks they will call you and offer you all kinds of deals to join again.
they want to give me a year for 77 bucks now but I told them the reception here is so bad that its really aggrivating so I dont know if I want to get it. They then gave me 5 months for 18 bucks and free reactivation. but the reception is so bad after the 5 months im done.
Gangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:31 AM   #14
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Yeah comcast def sucks lol and xm i cant understand them