Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-25-2010, 12:00 AM   #57
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
OP, Congratulations on your new Camaro, drive safely and post up some pics when you get a chance...

To the other naysayers, lighten up...

Working his butt off doesn't necessarily mean having a job, it could mean anything, and whatever it is, it's between his mother and him, and obviously his mother felt him worthy....
A damn fine example of the people our forum is made of for the most part, genuine Camaro enthusiasts
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #58
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Just like alcohol, show off responsibly
I like that line. haha

For all we know he can be in all AP classes getting straight As and that what he means working hard. He also could mean he worked his entire summer earning money and partially during school, or he could have ADD and been working hard to overcome it. He could be really lazy or anything between those or faking he owns a Camaro. who knows we will find out eventually
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:30 AM   #59
blackknight
Camaro Lover

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3L
im beginning to smell bs
Old 10-25-2010, 08:49 AM   #60
WolfpackRedCamaro

Drives: 2011 Victory Red 1LT RS
Why the SS? Is the V6 not fast enough for a 16 year old?
WolfpackRedCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:53 AM   #61
stuntman

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Grey wit BLK strips
Did he ever post the pics of his car? Did any one think that he could be lying.
stuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:21 AM   #62
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF2SSRS View Post
You worked your ass off for a Camaro you got as a gift?
ROFFLLL
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:42 AM   #63
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Talking ROIGHT!

IDC if I am rich when my kids are old enough to drive, they will earn the money for their cars, their insurance and their gas. their cars will be reasonable for kids and the rules of my home will be obeyed as long as they occupy my home. (unless they can afford handling the mortgage . . . then maybe a rule or 2 will be negotiable)(MAYBE)

IN addition, teens or younger should not be allowed to have cell phones or high powered vehicles. High powered amplifiers for musical instruments is fine, high powered vehicles NO.

HOWEVER these are just my rules and my opinions. . .

Congratulations on a freakin awesome car Bro! Please exercise extreme care and caution!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:49 AM   #64
cnrad

Drives: a wagon
What happened to pics?
cnrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:55 AM   #65
Berean

Drives: Truck
I bought my 16 year old an F-22 jet fighter because he's worked his butt off to earn it. He even mowed the yard this summer twice without having to be told and he even gets up once or twice a week for school on his own without his mom yelling at him. If only all parents could have such responsible, hard working children.

I have no doubt he'll be responsible with his new F-22 as well. I know it's a lot of power to handle, but since my kid is so much more responsible and mature than other kids, and since he's worked so hard and achieved so much, I think he deserves something nice and since I can afford it, who's place is it to judge?

Sure, we've all heard stories about irresponsible kids wrapping their F-22's around sky scrapers and killing themselves, but I know that will never happen to my kid, because he's so much more responsible and hard working than other kids.

He's over at the F-22 forum right now letting others know about this wonderful gift he's worked so hard to earn. Check out his thread "Are there any other 16 year olds on here with a new F-22?" He'll be uploading pics as soon as his laptop gets fixed.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #66
pugandbull
Snackcakes!

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Black Commemorative
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRoyalFlush View Post
What happened to pics?
Old 10-25-2010, 10:03 AM   #67
Joemaro

Drives: 2SS/RS
Too many of these threads... lay off these kids.. none of you would ever refuse a brand new 2SS/RS. I sure wouldn't.

At least his parents bought American...

Life's not fair, I sincerely doubt any of you would be complaining if you were in his shoes.

If he were on here asking us how to remove the 155mph governor like some other 16 year olds have, that's a different story. For now let us give him the benefit of the doubt he will respect the car, the road, and other drivers.

Enjoy it kid, be careful. With great power comes great responsibility.
Joemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:16 AM   #68
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
I've lost a lot of respect for the C5 membership since this thread was created. What ever happened to "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all?" It's funny that a bunch of you are bitching about his age, it's not fair, he doesn't deserve it, I want it, wah, wah, wah. I think he's more mature than you.

Just a little bit of knowledge for my fellow Camaro5 members, replying to a thread is not necessary, you don't get any extra points for having the highest # of posts, if you ignore a thread and therefore don't reply to it it will quickly move down the line and onto the next page.

Grow up guys, he's 16, he got one of the best cars to come out of GM in a while, and he's excited.

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:38 AM   #69
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
V6 is perfect for me at age 19. However... I am paying for insurance, gas, and I paid cash for my Camaro in cash.
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #70
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icandrivejustnotlegally View Post
Really... I mean really do you got nothing nice to say

Don't listen to the annoying trolls who are just jealous. Important thing is your okay from earlier accident and you chose a Camaro.
I have no reason to be jealous. I own my camaro, vette, trailblazer, motorcycles, house and pay all my bills myself. I could not care less how he got his car. I only worry if some 16 yr old in his new sports car will rear end me at a stop light or t-bone someone. I see it everyday on my way to work, young kid with his friends in a sportscar, or wanna be sportscar, trying to race any other sportscar they may come upon.
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2ssrs, baller, flat black, mine