Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

View Poll Results: Do you like the new ZL1?
I like it both performance wise and looks wise. 123 69.10%
I don't like the looks of it but love it performance wise. 55 30.90%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2011, 04:51 AM   #29
Chrm10SpkZ28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3, 1994 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
It's just not doing it for me. The performance is awesome, but it just doesn't have the "I have $15K more in goodies" aggressive look.
I was seriously contemplating waiting for this car but said the hell with it and ordered my convertible. I'm glad i did.
If this thing has less than 600HP I will be disapointed if its 50K+. IMO if its 12-15K+ more than the SS it should have at least 600 HP min. Not really feeling the hood, double fog lights, ground effects or the hole/light in the spoiler. Interior and exhaust are nice! Wheels look good from far away, like the width of them in the rear. But if it were up to me and I could afford the ZL1, i would get a SS and put the extra 15K-ish into it and have way more power.

2010 Victory Red SS/RS LS3 M6
My FB Photo page http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...hy/90683024614
Chrm10SpkZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:27 AM   #30
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta T View Post
i like it, it looks like bumblebee from t2. Which could mean that the camaro in t3 is the z28 (jay leno look).
If the ZL1 would look like Bumblebee from TF2, I'd already be on the waiting list, but now... I'm actually leaning towards buying a ZL585 from SLP, and change the front to the TF2 front. That would look like BB...
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:36 AM   #31
cwatson6

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - Red Hot
I expected more from the interior make-over. Cheverolet (and GM in general) you got to listen to your customers...
cwatson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:09 AM   #32
JJ2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
If you pay the money for a ZL-1 it better be the way you want it.....

It's not like buying a SS and making it the way you want it for that kind of money....

I like about 80% of the car.....
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:13 AM   #33
Dave Coyle

Drives: 2010 SS , 1970 Z-28, 2002 Avalanche
I can't believe that people actually thing that this BAD ASS car is "not doing anything" for them. I really love it, all of it!!! Just wish that they would post a projected price range.
Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers/Hi-Flo Cats/Corsa Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI / Port Intake
Precission 2400/2800 Converter/3.73 AAM gears
Livernois Motorsports Tune

Best time: 11.97 @ 117 MPH
Dave Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:19 AM   #34
c-dub
It's that guy

Drives: 2011 SIM SS/RS
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
I like it, but I think I'm going to trade up to the SS and mod it better than the ZL1 for less... Yup.
exactly what I was thinking. I like the way it looks and what it could potentially do (destroy the shelby). BUT until I see the thing in action and find out if it REALLY destroys others I'll curb my enthusiasm. (i learned my lesson by being a Brock lesnar fan and hoping for things that are yet to be proven)

I like the double foglights alot though, I want to do mine like that now!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 08:20 AM   #35
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
So far I'm digg'n the look of the new ZL1. I think it's very aggresive, but still stays with in the original concept of the Camaro. The performance looks to be fantastic and on par with other high end performance cars. The intior was ok at first, but then I started to notice some of the changes they made, and now I have come to appreciate what GM did.

Over all, I think this car is going to be a good seller, and people will flock to it.
armysig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:29 AM   #36
GameOver620

Drives: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer
Are these pics that we are seeing subject to change or is this etched in stone?
GameOver620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #37
rick

Drives: 550 HP avalanche 2500
I am a bit disapointed with the whole engine and looks as far as the rest of the performance enhancements the are all a + in my book.
thinking about the ZL1 back in the day was an all aluminum all motor V8.
even the 2002 ZL1s were all motor I would like to have seen them throw in the 427 from the ZO6 vette. it would be to easy to bump it from 500 to 550 HP. thats just my opinion
For looks I love the hood and the rims thats it.
the front end is designed with performance in mind I hope it is worth it.
I like the concept and I hope it works for gm but I will stay with my 2SS
and wait and see what happens in the next fiew years. they look very promising for the camaro
Old 02-10-2011, 08:42 AM   #38
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
It's a cool car but price/weight/performance will be what determines how desirable this car is. None of that has been disclosed so not sure how valid this poll can be at this point in time.

You should of had a choice of whether folks liked the suede or steering wheel though....
Old 02-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #39
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fad1 View Post
I love the performance of the car, I like the look of the front but I am HATING the quad fog lights. They look like the headlights from

:notheadlights:

If they wanted a cool front fascia, might as well used the one from the Jay Leno concept.
As for that lower light treatment, can someone create a "not the real foglights" emoticon?

Last edited by Hylton; 02-10-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:51 AM   #40
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
Things will change before they hit the highway... They may be doing this to get feedback from us and make slight changes... considering they have 8 months or so to actually introduce the final apperance and power.

Consider this also, The supercharger is adding that extra boost of power without having to stay hard in the gas to use it.... even tho i'm one who was hoping they wouldve left it naturally aspirated just to prove Chevrolet has balls and don't need all that to roll out and bust ass! Unfortunatly we have all this MPG crap goin on and there is no telling what they have to maintain to make it an everyday car.... hopefully we don't get slapped with a gas guzzler tax!

The last thing is... besides the exterior and interior looks, remember this thing has a lot of Corvette technology with the magna-ride, wheel sizes, exhaust, suspension componets... and whatever else they haven't mentioned.... Thats proven performance already and the Camaro folks will have access to it through this car without having to pay the Corvette price to get it!.... Remember, a Z06 is only 505hp.... ZL1 is 550hp... Its not a bad deal for the ones who can afford it. Just my .02
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #41
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
Pictures are worth a thousand words? Well, seems that all pictures of the Camaro from the concept to this never really do it justice.
With that said, I would say in person this car will look 10 times better.

I want to see one in person!
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #42
sspddmn

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE and 1991 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
Things will change before they hit the highway... They may be doing this to get feedback from us and make slight changes... considering they have 8 months or so to actually introduce the final apperance and power.

Consider this also, The supercharger is adding that extra boost of power without having to stay hard in the gas to use it.... even tho i'm one who was hoping they wouldve left it naturally aspirated just to prove Chevrolet has balls and don't need all that to roll out and bust ass! Unfortunatly we have all this MPG crap goin on and there is no telling what they have to maintain to make it an everyday car.... hopefully we don't get slapped with a gas guzzler tax!

The last thing is... besides the exterior and interior looks, remember this thing has a lot of Corvette technology with the magna-ride, wheel sizes, exhaust, suspension componets... and whatever else they haven't mentioned.... Thats proven performance already and the Camaro folks will have access to it through this car without having to pay the Corvette price to get it!.... Remember, a Z06 is only 505hp.... ZL1 is 550hp... Its not a bad deal for the ones who can afford it. Just my .02
I totally agree. This was posted on another ZL1 link here on this forum....

"Originally Posted by mpate16
First of all, all of us should be happy that GM is even making this car because with their recent troubles and the demand for high performance cars going down in favor of boring fuel economy cars. I mean why cant people be happy with the ZL? It is an awesome looking car and has a ton of power and good looks to go around. GM prob did alot of work to bring this car to consumers but the first thing I hear after its released is "why cant we get a z28?" This car is gonna be a ton better than any z28 would be... I think everyone needs to quit griping about no z28 and about how the ZL isnt what it shouldve been.... I for one think its an awesome car!"

I totally agree with this statement too. We have to just be happy that GM is even putting out these vehicles. It costs GM a ton of money for R&D and with the governement putting on so many restrictions, I'm even surprised that there is even a ZL1 model. However the end results of the ZL1 will be, bottom line is, I dont think GM will disappoint. This time around, GM has really listened to the consumers and fans of this awesome car.

Sorry just me 2 cents also.