Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #365
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
the car looks superior to the '10-'11 IMO. the steering wheel is kind of a let down, but the old steering wheels did look a little toy-like, but they felt awesome.

the red stripe is weird, but unique. think about the 30th anniversary trans am in 1998 with the blue metallic rims. that was a pretty fugly design, but definitely unique and acceptable.
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #366
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
Its called Garmin. And it will cost you considerably less than an in dash Nav system.
I would pay extra to have an integrated NAV system. OnStar just doesn't cut it, and I don't want something taking up space on my dash. Windshield real estate is already scarce as it is.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #367
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOver620 View Post
It is unfortunate that a Nav will still not be available considering the amount of technology the competitors have in their vehicles.

I also hope that the price of the RS package is greatly reduced because or seems like your only paying for the shark fin antenna.
The HID's and halos are still the bulk of the RS package (and the badges, can't forget about the badges ). I agree that they should lower the price, or tack on some other goodies.
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:53 AM   #368
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by jose2LTRS
I just got my V6 two weeks ago... I'm not too sad about the 11 extra hp or the steering wheel... But I did care for the rearview camera.... has anyone tried to retro fit one of those on their '10 or '11 camaros?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcamaro View Post
I was at Sema there are all kinds of rearview camera packages out there both wired and wireless and should be easy to install.

Lots of people on this forum retrofitting the factory system:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130589
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #369
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
V6 Camaro is back on my list
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #370
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
It depends on how you look at it. I'm sure GM is going by the standpoint that it's the 45th anniversary since the Camaro's debut, not the 45th year of production. And even though there were no new Camaro's sold during 03-09, there were plenty still on the road.
Yeah, I guess that an anniversary is the celebrate an event.... not necessarily a continued production. I still think GM should have skipped it and celebrated the 50th in 2017 w/ the new platform... that's just me though... I always viewed an Anniversary model as a mlestone for continuous production, not just a reward for the consumer, but a reward for those who insured the continuous success of that particular model. Even the Corvette receives some guff for their anniversary cars (mostly from competition). But, it does look good though, better than the previous anniversary Camaros.

Last edited by thePill; 04-14-2011 at 11:33 AM.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #371
LoneStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
Yeah, I guess that an anniversary is the celebrate an event.... not necessarily a continued production. I still think GM should have skipped it and celebrated the 50th in 2017 w/ the new platform... that's just me though...
Kinda feels too soon, but it's 99.99314159% likely that this will be the only anniversary edition on the current body-style... 50th will probably be on the 6th gen...
Old 04-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #372
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
I still think GM should have skipped it and celebrated the 50th in 2017 w/ the new platform... that's just me though...
They are capitalizing on the enormous popularity of the 5th gen now. Who knows what will be going on in 5 years.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #373
LoneStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertyforall1776 View Post
The operative word is "option". More and more car companies are adding better iOS integration, including remote display... Would be nice to see GM leading, not following... Apple led back in '07 with their iPhone and now iPad last year - competitors are still playing catchup.

GM could do similar - partner up with Apple!
That would be interesting! Ford & Microsoft vs. Chevy & Apple
Old 04-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #374
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
I'm going to make a sugesstion to FBODFATHER I like all the changes EXCEPT the new steering wheel. While I like the shape of the steering wheel the words CAMARO need to be on the steering wheel. This is too special a vehicle to only have the bow tie logo on it. In my opinion I would like to see them have the old TRI-COLOR Red, White, Blue logo with the Bow Tie at the bottom with the words Camaro like they were in the middle. At least a newer interpretation of the red, white, blue logo would look much much better than just the Chevrolet bow tie logo since this is a more special car. Just the bow tie doesnt differintiate itself enough from the Cruzes steering wheel.

EVERYTHING else especially the new V6 engine gets a HUGE
The new suspension will help out with the SS too. A new and better V8 will come in time. Only other change that needs to AND HAS TO BE MADE IS A NEW AND BETTER COLOR BLUE WHICH SHOULD BE LIGHTER. I think the Imperial Blue should be kept as a color option but NOT THE ONLY OPTION FOR THE COLOR BLUE. I know sales are always brought up as a reason not to add another lighter blue but alot of people will buy the color if giventhe oppportunity and Ford & Dodge are both offering lighter blues on their respective cars so the Camaro should too.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #375
AngeloVEnforcer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
I'm kinda glad I bought the 2011, the new steering wheel sucks...
AngeloVEnforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #376
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
Chevrolet & GM have a new system that is similar to the SYNC system that Ford has that is going to be put into newer Chevrolet vehicles so we should have a new ONSTAR SYNC SYSTEM PUT TOGETHER WITH EACHOTHER SOON.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #377
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
this bothers me.

It bothers me, and actually kind of bothered me when i first heard of the Disciples, because who are they really anyway and how can chevy think they can just grab some guys who love what you do already and call this listening to there customers. No way this group fully represents the camaro customer base. They dont represent me.
Not to bash those guys or anything, prob a great group of people, but to say you listen to a small group of people and equate that to listening to your customer base is just wrong to put it lightly.

Gee i wonder how i could get accurate feedback from my real customers?
Its not that hard, but for some reason most companies struggle with this simple task. In this day and age, its easier than ever to reach out to your customer base but yet last i checked no one is really doing that in a meaningful way.

Sure this site is a great resource for chevy, but even this site (as large as it is) is not an accurate representation of the customer base, so how can a small group of "Disciples" be.

If i were GM, i would use Onstar to initiate a direct one to one relationship with my customers. They could have onstar reps ask you if you wanted to take a short survey about your experience with a new car say 6months to a year after you purchase it. And also let it be known that you can call up onstar any time and give your feedback.
Who else in the auto industry could pull this off as easily with existing tech? No one. So why isnt GM doing this already?

I agree with you 100%!!
I remember seeing a clip of them and I remember one female saying "we need the car to have a stiffer ride" I said to myself OMG!!
=Bobby
Old 04-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #378
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Thumbs down

another vote for 'the 'volt/cobalt, etc' steering wheel sucks. If I EVER buy a new camaro, it will probably be a 10 or a 11 year unless it is THAT hard to swap to the 10/11 wheel from the 12?