Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-02-2015, 12:47 PM   #141
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I know. Still struggling to find something that I will stick with. I'm just so disgusted with myself right now. One day I'm mad as hell & ready to do whatever it takes & the next just don't give a st!t. I have a class I am trying to go to but the weather kept me away from it for a couple of weeks. Heading back today. It is for sure better than nothing but not a very good class at all. I don't get my heart rate up, don't get sore, don't even work up a good sweat in that class.

Now I am back to thinking no matter what my personal problems are with the YMCA (locally) I just need to join it as they have many more classes & options for me so I have no excuses. I plan to use up the punch card for the class I am going to now (already paid for). Then start the Y. Need to clean up my eating some too.

I'm pretty mad at myself. I worked my butt off for 3 years to get to the best weight & in the best shape I had been in in like 20 years. Now in less that a year I'm back to worse off than before I started.
Nothing wrong with getting mad at yourself. like you stated, now go do something about it. I know you, talked with you, joked with you, pics with you (LOL) and know you are a very strong woman. No doubt in my mind that once you set yourself to doing it, you can do it. Now... DO IT! I am going to see you at Camarofest, you have a few months to get that body in shape. I plan on getting another picture with you and the Camaro!!!
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:55 PM   #142
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Nothing wrong with getting mad at yourself. like you stated, now go do something about it. I know you, talked with you, joked with you, pics with you (LOL) and know you are a very strong woman. No doubt in my mind that once you set yourself to doing it, you can do it. Now... DO IT! I am going to see you at Camarofest, you have a few months to get that body in shape. I plan on getting another picture with you and the Camaro!!!
Like HRPiii said....

Too much talking, too much thinking....

It's time to do it!

Make the commitment and ONLY look back to see how you have transformed!

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:35 PM   #143
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Can we get this thread going more like the old new Year's resolution weight loss thread used to be with everyone posting up great recipes, tips/guidance, personal goals/accomplishments & giving encouragement to each other? I miss that thread & was in hopes this one would replace it without the need to renew it each year & lose all the good stuff in it.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:16 PM   #144
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Time to focus on what you're eating. You gotta cut out the junk and sugary carbs. Breads and pastas will hold and increase your body fat levels.

Exercise is a fruitless effort, you are what you eat as the saying goes, so a good balanced diet is number one. Once you got a "clean" eating regiment as a way of life, you'll have lots more energy. So that will motivate you to exercise/burn that extra energy which in-turn will firm up the body and get you the figure/results you want.

Poor diet and all the exercise in the world will only wear you out. You eat crap, you will feel and look like crap.

I like to keep it simple, nothing processed, nothing man made, from the earth and Mother Nature. One day a week I splurge, go out to eat, including dessert if I'm not to full.

But I'm the type who loves their daily routine. For example I have to have my oatmeal or steel oats, banana, and all natural almond butter for breakfast. My green drink w/matcha tea, and a couple protein drinks in between meals.

Once you find a clean eating routine you can do everyday your energy boost will also effect your mood. A spinach salad, or mostly spinach, is really good for menopause, have it everyday before dinner! Bet you see results I. Just a few weeks. Good luck!
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:45 PM   #145
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Can we get this thread going more like the old new Year's resolution weight loss thread used to be with everyone posting up great recipes, tips/guidance, personal goals/accomplishments & giving encouragement to each other? I miss that thread & was in hopes this one would replace it without the need to renew it each year & lose all the good stuff in it.
Why? So the same results can be achieved?

You may not like what I say and that's fine....but I will never lie to you and will never tell you wrong when it comes to this topic.

But sure....

I am down 14lbs in 8 weeks, Monique is down 17lbs.

I just got home from the gym from doing front squats, pull ups, weighted abs and running for 2 miles. And I am headed to Crossfit at 6 after I drink a shake, eat some egg whites and an apple.

Monique in her first ever Crossfit open is 99th in the region and 1400th worldwide out of 12000 contestants. This after being 206lbs and never lifted a weight before just over 2.5 years ago.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 03-02-2015, 06:35 PM   #146
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
Here is my story if anyone is interested: I've been pretty obese my whole life, used to blame it on the 15 years of constant steroid medication and ability to have no physical activity due to chronic asthma, now I've mostly outgrown it and no more excuses. Last year was 290 January 1st. I took a run at a lifestyle change and dropped to about 250 in 4 months than tore my patellar tendon and little to activity for 7 months gained every pound back. Started eating smart again December of last year and decided this time it's a lifestyle change not a diet, down to 243 in 3 months. Counting calories on myfitnesspal is what I consider the biggest help, doing 3-4 days a week of 4 mile cardio and having a very very physically demanding job helps too
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:37 PM   #147
RubyCamaro
Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post

You may not like what I say and that's fine....but I will never lie to you and will never tell you wrong when it comes to this topic.

But sure....

I just got home from the gym from doing front squats, pull ups, weighted abs and running for 2 miles. And I am headed to Crossfit at 6 after I drink a shake, eat some egg whites and an apple.

Monique in her first ever Crossfit open is 99th in the region and 1400th worldwide out of 12000 contestants. This after being 206lbs and never lifted a weight before just over 2.5 years ago.
I have no problem with your comments. I need someone to kick me in the butt sometimes. I just miss some of the other helpful stuff we used to get in the thread like the recipes that are tried & true by others, the discussions about how to tweak your food intake depending on where you are & what you are trying to achieve, the examples of what others eat & exercise routines that work for them, input on what tweaks to your current diet & routine might push you in the right direction, that kind of thing.....additionally.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:46 PM   #148
RubyCamaro
Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post

But sure....

oops! Double post.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:27 PM   #149
Bonnie
Bonfyre

Drives: C6, 2005 Corvette
Quote:
Thank you for the invite back!! I have a goal to compete again May 30th and July 25th in the Natural (NANBF) Masters bikini competitions, I've been so used to working out throughout the week and eating healthy it's not the hard work it used to be staying with my routine, but from this point on I need to step it up quite a bit, NO MORE CHEATS and harder workouts! looking forward to sharing meals and workouts with everyone again in this thread!! Yay!!
Old 03-03-2015, 06:23 PM   #150
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
I think one of the biggest problems you are having is that you are trying to find a class "you like" or a routine "you like" or foods "you like" the problem is this, " the things you like are what got you to where you're at". Your going to have to face the fact you will have to do/eat things you don't "like" but I will tell you this, if you make the changes your body will adapt and you will no longer crave the things you now like but you have to make the commitment and log what you eat to help hold yourself accountable. In time it will no longer be necessary because at a glance you know what to eat and how much.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:00 PM   #151
RubyCamaro
Jan

Yeah, but I had a class I loved and it worked my butt off too and It helped me get very close to my goals. Then my job screwed up my schedule & routine. I just know myself well enough to know I will stick with a class that I enjoy, that I feel the burn from, that I start to see results from.........this one is none of those things. It is movement and some exercise but I don't feel it is really challenging me, it's just slightly better than nothing. And I know one class for an hour 2 days a week is not enough anyway. So Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to the Y I go!

Welcome back Bonnie! I need you and CFD back in here helping me out. I got to get back on track! The Fest is coming!
Old 03-03-2015, 08:03 PM   #152
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
I think one of the biggest problems you are having is that you are trying to find a class "you like" or a routine "you like" or foods "you like" the problem is this, " the things you like are what got you to where you're at". Your going to have to face the fact you will have to do/eat things you don't "like" but I will tell you this, if you make the changes your body will adapt and you will no longer crave the things you now like but you have to make the commitment and log what you eat to help hold yourself accountable. In time it will no longer be necessary because at a glance you know what to eat and how much.
This is one of the best replies here.

I personally love going to the gym but I don't "like" the foods I eat. But I like even less the outcome of eating the opposite.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 03-03-2015, 08:57 PM   #153
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

As far as that goes....

I absolutely HATE Crossfit. Anything above about 5-6 reps has always bored me but I am hoping to shift my way of thinking.

I use to hate squats. I was "that guy" that always managed to "have something else to do" on leg day. But eventually there was a shift. I got pissed at people making fun of me benching more than I squatted. So I attacked it. Now it's my favorite lift and I am actually squatting 3x a week now. I hope to have the same shift in CF.

But the only way that will happen is to actually go and do...which I am doing.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 03-03-2015, 08:58 PM   #154
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
So advice for people wanting to start cardio but hating it when they start. Instead of running for 30 mins and not liking it at all, throw on a tv or iPad and walk fast for a much longer time frame. I tried a million times to run but never stuck with it. Lately been putting a movie on the iPad and doing 4-6 miles in an hour-hour and a half a few times a week
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote