Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 05-22-2015, 10:20 PM   #85
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
Ordered.

May the Forza be with you...

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:11 PM   #86
forzasteve

Drives: Love any sports cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Sam View Post
Is there a Camaro5 discount? Thanks, Sam.
To kick off the new Forza 3-Way Controller, for orders received through the Memorial Day Weekend, I will rebate 10% back in the form of refund. So, order by midnight, Monday, May 25th and you will get a 10% refund.

Just mention "camaro5" in the comments field of the order form.

For orders I have received so far, I will refund you 10% as well.

Best regards,

Steve
forzasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:06 AM   #87
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
Steve,

I wasn't expecting a discount just because I belong to this forum. However, I appreciate it.

What I am expecting is a well built controller that works as advertised. Your price is already 70.00+ cheaper than the "other" controller.

Thank you.

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:07 AM   #88
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Thank you Steve, I'll be placing my order by this evening.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:05 AM   #89
forzasteve

After reviewing the price and my costs, I decided to reduce the price to $164.50 ... this is 10% off my original.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzasteve View Post
To kick off the new Forza 3-Way Controller, for orders received through the Memorial Day Weekend, I will rebate 10% back in the form of refund. So, order by midnight, Monday, May 25th and you will get a 10% refund.

Just mention "camaro5" in the comments field of the order form.

For orders I have received so far, I will refund you 10% as well.

Best regards,

Steve
Old 05-25-2015, 10:44 PM   #90
ljn21
Banned

Drives: Sold - 14 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzasteve View Post
After reviewing the price and my costs, I decided to reduce the price to $164.50 ... this is 10% off my original.

Best regards,

Steve
Still an additional 10% off the $164.xx price with putting camaro5 in the comments field?
ljn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:57 PM   #91
forzasteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljn21 View Post
Still an additional 10% off the $164.xx price with putting camaro5 in the comments field?
My intent was to permanently reduce by 10% and not to continue to offer additional discounts at this time.

Regards,

Steve
Old 05-31-2015, 07:51 AM   #92
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
gotta get me one..... ordering now...thank you for making it possible to not disturb a kids sleep as much....
Old 05-31-2015, 05:01 PM   #93
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
I installed the Forza 3-way controller with remote.

For starters, the quality of the parts are top notch.

Steve's customer service (and trust me when I say, I can truly sense who is and who isn't..) is world class.

He ships internationally too, which is the icing on the cake really.

Now for the DIY installation.

Well what can I say, the instructions are as straight forward as it can get. I did have trouble disconnecting the vacuum solenoid valve which is located under the car, in front of passenger side muffler, so I had to remove the vacuum accumulator tank, which was no big deal really. It added maybe 2 extra minutes to the job. Fwiw, I didn't jack the car up, I simply slid under there, maybe that's why? Lol

When everything under the car was hooked up, I too experienced difficulty reinstalling the solenoid valve black cover, in fact, I left it without it( for now until I figure out next step, I guess I'll need to lift up the car). I did zip-tie everything neatly away though, so not sure if that black cover is really needed????

Wiring inside the right side of trunk fuse box to the vacuum solenoid cable was easy breezy, as was routing the wire from bottom of the car to the inside of the trunk. Again just follow the well written instructions, you cannot go wrong.

Re-installing the fuse box cover was a pita as well, just like the black cover under the car, but unlike the bottom one, the fuse cover I was able to install again with the yellow fuse tap wire in place, but wasn't able to install the cover all the way in with audible "click" of the tabs, so it's sitting a bit loose for now...

I'm not worried about those aforementioned black covers, but I'll wait for any additional feedback, as others start to install this wonderful product.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:39 PM   #94
forzasteve

Thank you very much for those kind words. I appreciate it.

Some tips for re-installing those covers you mention ...

For the vacuum solenoid cover ... I did not find that a problem, when I did it on the Z28 test I did. But another customer stated they had similar problem as you had. He trimmed a bit of the plastic to allow the new connector to thread through.

The fuse block cover is a problem. I have found that once you install the fuse tap in place, that the fuse block cover will not full snap into place as the top of the fuse block cover contacts the fuse tap. This is not big deal and I found that taking a cable tie you can secure the fuse block cover in place. It really is not going hurt anything to leave it off, but by securing the cover in place it will not get lost. Also, you might have to use an utility knife to open up the slot near the bottom latch to route the fuse tap wire through. Easy peezy to do that and will not cause any problems.

Here is photo of the fuse block cover secured with a zip tie and you can see the fuse tap coming out the bottom of the fuse block ...

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
I installed the Forza 3-way controller with remote.

For starters, the quality of the parts are top notch.

Steve's customer service (and trust me when I say, I can truly sense who is and who isn't..) is world class.

He ships internationally too, which is the icing on the cake really.

Now for the DIY installation.

Well what can I say, the instructions are as straight forward as it can get. I did have trouble disconnecting the vacuum solenoid valve which is located under the car, in front of passenger side muffler, so I had to remove the vacuum accumulator tank, which was no big deal really. It added maybe 2 extra minutes to the job. Fwiw, I didn't jack the car up, I simply slid under there, maybe that's why? Lol

When everything under the car was hooked up, I too experienced difficulty reinstalling the solenoid valve black cover, in fact, I left it without it( for now until I figure out next step, I guess I'll need to lift up the car). I did zip-tie everything neatly away though, so not sure if that black cover is really needed????

Wiring inside the right side of trunk fuse box to the vacuum solenoid cable was easy breezy, as was routing the wire from bottom of the car to the inside of the trunk. Again just follow the well written instructions, you cannot go wrong.

Re-installing the fuse box cover was a pita as well, just like the black cover under the car, but unlike the bottom one, the fuse cover I was able to install again with the yellow fuse tap wire in place, but wasn't able to install the cover all the way in with audible "click" of the tabs, so it's sitting a bit loose for now...

I'm not worried about those aforementioned black covers, but I'll wait for any additional feedback, as others start to install this wonderful product.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:59 PM   #95
Brolik10
BLOWN!!!

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS
Does the 3 way work with a retro fit of a 2010 SS? I have a set of NPP's and would like to control them with this setup.
I've read so many reviews of this and the competition that I'm inundated with info at this point. LOL
Old 06-02-2015, 09:56 PM   #96
forzasteve

Hi Brolik10,

I was asked a similar question in another thread ...

Unfortunately, unless your Camaro was factory equipped for NPP exhaust, it will lack the vacuum solenoid valve and electrical circuitry to control the bypass valves on the NPP exhaust system you would want to retrofit. Those bypass valves on the the mufflers of the NPP exhaust are vacuum actuated and you have to have some provision to manage vacuum going to those mufflers. Since you have the NPP's now, I think your least expensive option is to go to Mild2Wild and get their NPP in a Box kit. Their kit is fairly inexpensive ... at $180. But you will have drill and tap into the engine intake manifold to obtain a vacuum and then route the vacuum line to the solenoid valve that they provide. Their kit lacks a vacuum accumulator tank, so the vacuum actuators on the mufflers may be fairly sluggish using Mild2Wild's kit.

You probably don't want to hear this, but in my opinion, I would not retrofit NPP's ... I think a better solution is a variable exhaust system such as Xforce. I have seen their stuff and heard their exhaust set-up, and for $1100 you can get a full cat-back system with two mufflers. Each muffler has a motor controlled bypass valve that you manage with a remote transmitter from inside the car.

Take a look at the reply I did to another Camaro5 member here ... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=34

Wish I could help you better, hope this helps.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brolik10 View Post
Does the 3 way work with a retro fit of a 2010 SS? I have a set of NPP's and would like to control them with this setup.
I've read so many reviews of this and the competition that I'm inundated with info at this point. LOL

Last edited by forzasteve; 06-17-2015 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:28 AM   #97
forzasteve

Hi Camaro5 ...

I have several two way and three controllers ready to ship. You can read more here ...

http://www.forzacomponenti.com/

Best regards,

Steve
Old 06-22-2015, 09:59 AM   #98
forzasteve

bump