Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 07-04-2017, 01:47 AM   #29
dreamst8
WrkrBee

Drives: 16 Hyper & 11 Victory
The "arrow" on the map choice icon does not always exists. I am enrolled in the AA BETA program. I have yet to get the icon to show the arrow and function with AA after the original APK release. So I keep uninstalling the new release and revert to the original so have access to WAZE. No idea WHY it does this. I have tried keeping the original APK on the Galaxy S7 Edge and try to install the newest release, but it say the pkg is corrupt, so uninstall and clear out both and just D/L the newest release, is installs, connect to the car, no icons for Waze access, so I clear it out and reinstall the first APK (after D/L again and again). Can't seem to find answers on the forum for the beta programs, so kinda givin up.

2011 2 LT/RS Victory Red V6 M6
dreamst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 06:42 AM   #30
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Np, just try to touch on that right side of the icon...it should appear. They designed it so you wouldn't accidentally hit the selection menu when you just wanted to go back to maps. The great thing is your phone remembers what app you were using last. So you will only have to change it to Waze once.

No nothing else to change. But check out the Waze app on your phone sometime for all the settings and customizations available (can't access them when using it on AA).
Hmm. I got an arrow next to the headphone icon, which gave me choices like (I forget exactly) Amazon music, google music, and I think one other.

But, I got nothing next to the map icon. Puzzling.

I could see either google maps on the car screen, or the regular Chevy nav maps if I got out of AA.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:03 AM   #31
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamst8 View Post
The "arrow" on the map choice icon does not always exists. I am enrolled in the AA BETA program. I have yet to get the icon to show the arrow and function with AA after the original APK release. So I keep uninstalling the new release and revert to the original so have access to WAZE. No idea WHY it does this. I have tried keeping the original APK on the Galaxy S7 Edge and try to install the newest release, but it say the pkg is corrupt, so uninstall and clear out both and just D/L the newest release, is installs, connect to the car, no icons for Waze access, so I clear it out and reinstall the first APK (after D/L again and again). Can't seem to find answers on the forum for the beta programs, so kinda givin up.
Not all the latest releases of the beta include support for Android Auto. I found that the latest version that works for me is 4.24.0.113. Any later versions than that, that I have tried, do not show up on Android Auto.

Also, about the corrupt package issue. You can resolve that by uninstalling the version that you currently have on the phone first. Then install the latest version and everything will work okay. I highly recommend that you take note of your Waze username in the account settings before uninstalling the version you're using now. That way you'll know how to log back in and reset your password if necessary.

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:43 AM   #32
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamst8 View Post
Mine takes a while to appear sometimes too, probably beta bugs.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:15 PM   #33
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnCRedJwl2SS View Post
Not all the latest releases of the beta include support for Android Auto. I found that the latest version that works for me is 4.24.0.113. Any later versions than that, that I have tried, do not show up on Android Auto.

Also, about the corrupt package issue. You can resolve that by uninstalling the version that you currently have on the phone first. Then install the latest version and everything will work okay. I highly recommend that you take note of your Waze username in the account settings before uninstalling the version you're using now. That way you'll know how to log back in and reset your password if necessary.
HA! That was it!!!

Thank you for that one tiny, yet significant item!

4.24.0.113 worked for me!

It was very cool to drive around and have the WAZE maps there.

Now I have to learn how to use and control Waze itself. Anyone already know a good place to do that where you can point me? I could also start a thread here in the electronics folder for that. What do you guys think?
Old 07-04-2017, 01:39 PM   #34
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
HA! That was it!!!

Thank you for that one tiny, yet significant item!

4.24.0.113 worked for me!

It was very cool to drive around and have the WAZE maps there.

Now I have to learn how to use and control Waze itself. Anyone already know a good place to do that where you can point me? I could also start a thread here in the electronics folder for that. What do you guys think?
Glad you got it figured out. I'm still running the initial beta version but now someone has posted the latest I'll update.

I think starting a thread for all things Android Auto and Waze would be great. I'll be happy to contribute. Just need to get a mod to sticky it.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:53 PM   #35
Bodyslide

Drives: Traded in 2016 BLUE VELVET 2LT RS
I also had to downgrade to 4.24.0.113. I will keep this one until the official release.
Bodyslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:12 PM   #36
leadfoot93
Camaro Fan

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Garnet Red
4.24.0.113 is the only beta version that supports AA.
3800 Status: 10/13/15 VIN #116519
4200 Status: 12/19/15
Delivered : 12/28/15
leadfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:38 AM   #37
wjmeyer

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS, 2LT
Need help. I installed ver. 4.24.0.113 on my galaxy s5, it works fine on the phone. The Waze/Google Maps menu shows up, I choose Waze, it loads, I can voice an address to it, it speaks back, BUT the dashboard screen on my 2016 camaro is mostly black with a little car in the middle. Where a map should be is only black. When I unplug the phone, the phone screen is also black. If I then close Waze on the phone and reopen it, the map appears. I tried starting Waze first, then plugging it into android auto, but the screen is still black on the dashboard screen. Do I need to change a setting or is it just an item to be corrected from this beta version?

UPDATE - I reinstalled and it works fine. But one complaint: the street names are in such a small font, it's hard to read, even on an 8" screen, when you only glance at the screen as I want to keep my eyes on the road as much as possible (a lot of bad drivers in the New Orleans area!). Hopefully Waze will improve/enlarge the lettering in future releases.
Also, disable Waze auto update so 4.26 is not loaded over 4.23. This is done from play store.

Last edited by wjmeyer; 07-13-2017 at 11:13 AM.
wjmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:50 PM   #38
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmeyer View Post
Need help. I installed ver. 4.24.0.113 on my galaxy s5, it works fine on the phone. The Waze/Google Maps menu shows up, I choose Waze, it loads, I can voice an address to it, it speaks back, BUT the dashboard screen on my 2016 camaro is mostly black with a little car in the middle. Where a map should be is only black. When I unplug the phone, the phone screen is also black. If I then close Waze on the phone and reopen it, the map appears. I tried starting Waze first, then plugging it into android auto, but the screen is still black on the dashboard screen. Do I need to change a setting or is it just an item to be corrected from this beta version?
Wow...have not experienced that. My phone is an LG V20. Not sure how fast the Galaxy S5 is, bit could be performance-related.

Hope not...

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:08 AM   #39
dreamst8
WrkrBee

Drives: 16 Hyper & 11 Victory
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot93 View Post
4.24.0.113 is the only beta version that supports AA.
Wasn't the whole point of the Beta was for AA compatibility and was to ensure AA & Waze worked out the bugs?

2011 2 LT/RS Victory Red V6 M6
dreamst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:30 PM   #40
DesmonicDuc46

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue SS 1LE
Has worked for me for the last month but twice in the last week I lose the arrow next to directions on my android auto screen. Only fix I've found is uninstalling and reinstalling the apk.
DesmonicDuc46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:30 PM   #41
DesmonicDuc46

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue SS 1LE
Probably the auto update. Made sure to disable auto update in the play store for Waze, I imagine this will fix this issue.
DesmonicDuc46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:00 PM   #42
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
A new update came out today, they may have killed the old one, mine stopped working as well until this morning when I got the new app. I'm in beta program now.
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote