Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-22-2014, 09:37 PM   #15
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by supasport View Post
im liking your attitude. lol. DIY girl huh?

yes, the person i bought it off of had it fitted on his car, the hoodlines and fenders are all lined perfectly, just some minor cutting on the headlights and im set to put it on. !
Yup. Ive done every single install and custom paint on the interior and engine bay minus the exhaust. I had my buddy who runs the best shop in town put that on for me. Mostly bc he could put it on faster then I could order it. Picked the car up on Friday night and new exhaust by Monday morning
Old 01-22-2014, 09:39 PM   #16
supasport

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Yup. Ive done every single install and custom paint on the interior and engine bay minus the exhaust. I had my buddy who runs the best shop in town put that on for me. Mostly bc he could put it on faster then I could order it. Picked the car up on Friday night and new exhaust by Monday morning
u just love showing those tough woman qualities dont you... :p
glad there is a girl like you somewhere on the face of this earth, most of em can't even change their own oil
supasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:46 PM   #17
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by supasport View Post
u just love showing those tough woman qualities dont you... :p
glad there is a girl like you somewhere on the face of this earth, most of em can't even change their own oil
Girls can do this kinda work too. Hell I'm even president of a local club I started almost 2 yrs ago from nothing. Girl power, lol
Old 02-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #18
Tutran

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1lt
how many cans/gallons did you use? i want to plasti dip my black camaro royal blue but im not sure if it would look good, and if i had pearlizers( not sure if i spelled it correctly) would i be able to peel it off with ease?
Tutran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:17 PM   #19
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutran View Post
how many cans/gallons did you use? i want to plasti dip my black camaro royal blue but im not sure if it would look good, and if i had pearlizers( not sure if i spelled it correctly) would i be able to peel it off with ease?
Our cars typically take at minimum of 4 gallons for good peel ability. I've done a few full car dips from my Camaro to a WRX. My car has gone close to 2 yeas of being dipped and finally our numerous snow storms here in NJ had led the rock salt on the roads to chip off paint off my hood and roof so I will have to eventually peel them and redo them. Depending on the color of your car, you may need a base coat. Just go to dipyourcar.com and look at their forums, you will find everything there. Also, the more coats you do the easier it will be to peel so don't be afraid to do 6, 7 or even 8 coats.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:39 PM   #20
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
If its a dd, itll probably last 6 months or so. You'll have to do minor touchups from rock chips, etc. Ive found that if it does chip, cut a small incision until the hole is flat. Tape off around it as close to the hole as you can and respray. Itll leave a small discolored "patch" but unless you know its there, most people dont even notice it. My roof is done and I got a chip in it and had to fix it. Also my wheels were done for over a year with zero issues.
just to let you know, they offer a kit now to repair dip tears & textured sprays. here's the video...

i'm looking to do a full dip on my Camaro this spring
Old 02-09-2014, 05:01 PM   #21
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
just a word of advice. when you think your done and you think you have enough coat, DO MORE. trust me, it will make the removal process so much smoother, so don't be afraid to put as many coats on as possible.
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:36 AM   #22
solizaaron18

Drives: Camaro SS 2014
I think it is a great idea to plasti dip. They just came out with another form of plasti dip but better! It is called auto flex. Basically like spray on wrap. Ill be taking my car to get either Satin Blaze Orange or Metallic Matte Blue done after headers and tune are done.
solizaaron18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:36 AM   #23
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
if anyone doing this doesn't do at least 8 coats, then they don't care about quality. to begin with the dip will YES peel a lot easier as well as be more durable due to being so thick. always use grey as a base coat if you are going from a dark color to a light color. and for that person that was quoted 650 to dip a Camaro...I'd like to see how that turned out. Camaro's are big cars and take a lot of dip. I use a minimum of 5 gallons on a Camaro and would charge a good amount more than that on one of these cars. If you decide to dip again and already have a really good dip job down....spray right over that one. More coats...easier to peel in the future...extreme durability.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:22 PM   #24
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I'd do vinyl wrap over plastidip. Plenty of color/finish choices and a more uniform finish that doesn't feel like a pencil eraser to the touch
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote