Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-10-2017, 10:11 AM   #29
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I have had 4 Camaros in the last 6 years. Out of those 4 they were all 100% trouble free except the ZL1 which had one problem with Stabilitrac. Chevy could not fix it so GM bought it back. I would be much more worried about buying a Jeep.

My 2016 SS was one of the very early ones. All good so far and Chevy has beefed up the CA6 components so you can have trouble free fun and kept the car relatively light. That is why it is a bit expensive.

If I buy another CA6 it will be used. The value drops fast. The CA6 is a steal at used prices.
I would be more concerned buying a BMW or Toyota.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:21 AM   #30
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
To the OP, I think the Camaro is the right choice and besides many awards given to it for very good reasons. After 1 year and 8 months ive seen barely any issues compared to my past BMW's, Dodges, Nissan's, Jeeps ect. If there were any they have been minor for sure. This is one car i enjoy every time stepping into and still not a second goes by where i feel i made the wrong choice. In my area believe it or not they are still not common as you would think.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:02 AM   #31
Yendor

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I would be much more worried about buying a Jeep.
Funny you say this, my wife 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk had so many recalls that I made her trade it in. I believe the recall count was up to 9 and that was the year before the A8 trans, which was a real piece of crap.

As for the Camaro, I only have about 3k on mine right now, but no issues so far.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:53 AM   #32
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Thanks guys!!!

For me it's Camaro ir bust. I like the challenger but i am moving to the rolling hills of Tennessee so handling is a must. Not a mustang fan so Camaro was my only real choice. Thank you all for responses and i will be buying a SS. I loved the car on my test drives. I also had no oroblems seeing out of the car. The a8 is a must because my wife can't drive a manual and i woukd like her to enjoy the car as well.
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:09 PM   #33
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I will pull the trigger if the windshield fogging is no longer an issue. Most of the problems reported seems isolated except for this one.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:19 PM   #34
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Hanging out with my brother who owns a 2017 zl1 and it has had a bunch of issues. Just today he went to go for a drive. Car made a massive clunk going into reverse. Then he got codes flashing and the car wouldn't even go into park. This will be the fourth time back to chevy in less than three months. His hellcat has had zero issues but he loves the zl1 far better.
Well, I'm still going forward with my SS purchase. I have three years or 36,000 miles to decide if i will keep it long term.
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:58 AM   #35
greg72982

Drives: Black 2017 2SS
I'm actually pretty picky with cars but I read some of the threads on here and I think people sometimes just look for problems.

I only have about 3500 miles on mine but all I have is the windshield fogging issue and the NPP rattle (when cold). I probably wouldn't have even realized the NPP rattle if it wasn't for this forum. They never put a trunk light in my car either for some reason and I have yet to return to the dealer to address that. Horrible stuff.

I like the look of the Challenger but I'd never trust a Dodge. And I can't explain why but I just always hated Mustangs. I'm sure they are great cars and all I think I just get annoyed because they are literally EVERYWHERE.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:59 AM   #36
OMEN

Drives: Camaro SS
everytime u ride it, u'll smile trust me
Middle East, Oman
1LE front splitter, ZL1 Corsa Xtreme quad tips, x pipe, ZL1 Rear Diffuser, 1/LE Rear Emblems
CoCo 4 Life
OMEN is offline   Reply With Quote