Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-06-2020, 09:02 AM   #1
mkmgraham

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
New Halo Headlights

Just wanted to post my new Halos. After a lot of research and a limited budget, I ended up buying aftermarket halos from DT_Moto from eBay. They were $240 shipped for the pair! Shipped right away and arrived within 5 days I think. Very friendly customer service. Out of the box, they appeared well built. Not flimsy or cheap feeling, pretty close to my old ones really. No instructions, but it is not rocket science. Fit like factory. Removing the bumper took about an hour or so taking my time. If I had to do it again, I could have it off in half that time. Removed the headlights and the new ones plugged right in to my factory wiring harness. Wired the halos to my sidemarkers because I couldn't figure out anywhere better to make them automatic. Also threw in some blue DiodeDynamix strips (top and bottom) {yes, I know it is borderline illegal} and got it all tucked back in and BAM it looks awesome! Got my headlights adjusted at least close until the weather breaks and they seem pretty good at a glance. I will add a kill switch to the grill lights at some point incase I do get busted for that. Any questions, feel free to ask. Also put Alla LED fog light lamps in too.
Attached Images

2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic/Silver stripes, black Interior. Halo conversion, Diode Dynamics grill lighting, LED interior and fog lights. Sundown 8" DVC, Altrend 300.1 Amp, Handmade side-mount box. Soon to be BBK Headers and hi-flow cats.
mkmgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:22 PM   #2
Rons1le

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE AGM
Looks good!
Back when I put halos in my headlights I also installed a heritage grill and halos in my fog lights. For power I installed a remote 12v relay box.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
2015 2SS RS 1LE NPP/w Kooks headers, Procharged, ID1050X injectors, Katech belt tensioner, Mighty Mouse Catch Can, BMR subframe connectors, Matco driveshaft loop, AEM Wideband/Boost/Fuel gauges , Z/28 Splitter and Spoiler/w Wicker bill, Power Stop rotors and brake pads, MRR Z/28 Rep Wheels 20" w/p zeros 285 fronts and 305 rears, ZL1 addons Rock guards and Tow hook, Rear window louvers, Flags on the quarter windows and the moonroof, Billet aluminum door handles.
Rons1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:33 PM   #3
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
I have the same lights and love them. I wired the halos to a swith on my console so I can have them on and off as I wish. I also put in a 6K HID kit in them and they really out perform the factory bulbs. I added LED fogs and walaaa..... the color temp matched perfectly!
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:38 AM   #4
mkmgraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rons1le View Post
Looks good!
Back when I put halos in my headlights I also installed a heritage grill and halos in my fog lights. For power I installed a remote 12v relay box.

That is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic/Silver stripes, black Interior. Halo conversion, Diode Dynamics grill lighting, LED interior and fog lights. Sundown 8" DVC, Altrend 300.1 Amp, Handmade side-mount box. Soon to be BBK Headers and hi-flow cats.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:27 PM   #5
Rons1le

They didn't hold up to a highway sign post and tree though..
Totaled September 2018..

2015 2SS RS 1LE NPP/w Kooks headers, Procharged, ID1050X injectors, Katech belt tensioner, Mighty Mouse Catch Can, BMR subframe connectors, Matco driveshaft loop, AEM Wideband/Boost/Fuel gauges , Z/28 Splitter and Spoiler/w Wicker bill, Power Stop rotors and brake pads, MRR Z/28 Rep Wheels 20" w/p zeros 285 fronts and 305 rears, ZL1 addons Rock guards and Tow hook, Rear window louvers, Flags on the quarter windows and the moonroof, Billet aluminum door handles.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:18 PM   #6
Rons1le

Camaro2ss2010

They were oracle's bought through their eBay store.

Last edited by Rons1le; 03-11-2020 at 06:00 AM.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:16 AM   #7
mkmgraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rons1le View Post
They didn't hold up to a highway sign post and tree though..
Totaled September 2018..

OMG! That is horrible!

Old 03-17-2020, 11:20 AM   #8
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Nice looking aftermarket halos. Do you a DLR harness hooked up too? Only like $15
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:48 PM   #9
mkmgraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdumogre View Post
Nice looking aftermarket halos. Do you a DLR harness hooked up too? Only like $15

No mine is not an RS. Not an option best I can tell.

Old 03-29-2020, 02:44 AM   #10
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
I have an oem GM heritage grille if you have an interest in buying
Attached Images

Che bronze trunnion Ls3 timing/valley cover
Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote